Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from To Baby and Beyond. An absolutely breathtaking post about how our dreams change containing this thought: "Everyone spends time preaching to teens about how you can get pregnant with just one mistake so use protection. (rightfully so) but still no one prepared me for the heart break with trying hundreds or thousands of times and it not working!" How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff!
- Send Me Stuff: If you've never been Kirtsy'd and wish to be Kirtsy'd, send me a link to a post. The details for what types of posts are best to Kirtsy are here. More recent is better than older, but even older posts that aren't dated material (for instance, Christmas posts wouldn't work in the middle of July) are fine. I currently have all of next week open and have gone through my Kirtsying stash of posts.
- Cyclesista Team: Cyclesista writes: "Wanted: More Sistaz: I don't know how many of you have noticed (guess: lots) but the current cyclesista team is run ragged at the moment with life and such. We're hoping to recruit another sista to help out. If you'd like to be on the team, please contact us via the cyclesista website with your name, blog URL, contact details (just enough so we can email you, not stalk you down at your private residence with a crowbar), and a short note about what makes you so sista-ly.
- Password Protected: Jo from MoJo Working is going password-protected for the time being. She is grateful for all of the support she has received and hopes you will continue to follow her blog. Please email Mojo to receive an invite.
- Resolve: Pamela Jeanne is featured on RESOLVE as part of it's new Tell Your Story feature. You can also share your story there.
- Film: (Bea, are you reading this? We need another IIFF too) A reader sent in this PR release on a film contest. "The above link is regarding a call for entries. They are seeking short films documenting paths to parenthood and struggles with infertility. Thought you and your readers might be interested. They offer cash prizes and winning films are screened at a film festival in NYC."
- Conference: Monica is spearheading this year's EARTH MOMMA: Healing Retreat for Infant Loss, outside of Seattle, WA, on October 16-18. It will be for women who lost an infant just before or after birth. Click the link for more information.
- Newspaper Article: Littlebitofsomething writes: " For anyone who missed it the Washington Post published an article on stillbirth yesterday. It's so important that this topic is making it's way into mainstream media and can only help to widen understanding and advocate for more research." [Melissa's note: don't read the comments on the article. Please, just don't].
- Forums: If you are not a member of the forums, you will not have access to the LFCA on days when we are utilizing an open thread in the forums instead of posting on this site. Any blog reader or writer can become a member of the forums by clicking here and registering. On days when we don't have the LFCA, it also follows that I'll be slow on approving new members (that whole lack of Internet access thing) so please be patient.
- None Today (a bunch will be added over the weekend).
- Another Dreamer is celebrating her anniversary on July 12th. It's also her test day. Go give the good thoughts and congratulations.
- Girl [Un]scripted is celebrating her birthday on Monday. Go over and sing her a little song.
- Gas Passer is also celebrating her birthday on Monday. Go eat a slice of cake with her.
- Nancy is celebrating her anniversary next Tuesday. Go over and wish them congratulations.
- Womb For Improvement celebrates her birthday next Tuesday. Go sing her a little song.
- Fertilized is celebrating her birthday on Wednesday. Go eat a slice of cake with her.
- Peesticks and Stones is celebrating her blogoversary next Wednesday. Go wish her congratulations.
- STE's birthday is next Wednesday. Go over and sing her a little song.
- Alison's birthday is Sunday, but she's celebrating all month! Go sing her a little song.
- None Today.
- None Today.
- Sara at Of Course You'll Get Pregnant! has her IUI on Sunday. Sit with her in the WUB.
- NotTheMama has an appointment on Friday afternoon, as a follow-up to an ER visit on Monday night. Ovarian cysts were mentioned as a possibility. She would appreciate thoughts/prayers/etc!
- This Cross I Embrace is struggling after learning of a long delay in the adoption process. Go offer her support and encouragement along the way.
- Amanda's newborn daughter Chloe has had some issues with choking and will go in for testing on July 14. Go send them good thoughts.
- A Woman My Age had a wonderful first meeting with an expectant mother who would like to place her son with her for adoption. The baby is due in four months.
- On The Road to Baby just finished writing about her experience with severe OHSS, recent hospitalization, and postponed embryo transfer. Please give her encouragement and share your own stories of overcoming OHSS.
- Sunny at Secrets of an Infertile Mom was just told that her previously-described mild endometriosis is probably the cause of their infertility; news that was harder to hear than expected. Please go give her support.
- Kat will be going in for retrieval for her second IVF on Saturday. So far, this cycle is going so much better for her. Please go give her words of encouragement as she gears up for retrieval day.
- Michele's 17w4d appointment showed that her cervix has dilated up to the placement of the cerclage. Bedrest is continued with the hopes of keeping the stitch tightly in place and holding the babies in as long as possible. On the up side, Bobby and Maya looked great, and were very active.
- Empty Arms is experiencing several signs of incompetent cervix and is currently on bedrest. Please go keep her company.
- Devon is on bedrest at only 17 weeks after a weekend of cramping and the fear that her placenta previa will cause bleeding. Devon is on Lovenox after losing her twins last year at just 23 weeks. Please go give her support.
- Due to a shortened cervix, Stace has been admitted to the hospital for an extended stay.
- Anna's Parapraxis just found out that she is pregnant. First u/s is in a couple of weeks. Wish her congratulations!
- Lostintranslation from We Say IVF They Say FIV gave birth to a healthy baby boy on July 6th. They're now back home and all doing great.
Read and Support