Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from The Baby Chase. Though we pick our partners in life using the same criteria (looks, similar interests, geography), the author admits that "it seems so random to be making such a huge decision—choosing the biological father of our child—in such an arbitrary way." A post about choosing a donor. How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff!
- Helpful: My Endo Journey had a post about a drug called Aygestin that just sounded...well...helpful. And since I hadn't heard of it yet, I thought I'd pass along the link to the post.
- Distraction: Distract yourself with French cooking. Sassy is blogging about the secrets to French cooking at Delice du Jour. Recipes and reasons--sort of the perfect thing to give yourself a break from thinking about a cycle.
- Help a New Site: A blogger sent in information about a new site called Genetic Factor which is specifically looking at genetic factor infertility and loss. How can you help? "Submit your own story. Submit any poems regarding Loss, in particular, which you love or have helped you and you think may help/comfort others too. Submit any information/links/articles, etc., about the area of genetic "hurdles" that has affected or interested you most." The email me button at the bottom of the front page should be working soon.
- Contest: PFM Blog Entry/Essay Contest III. See the blog for rules. "We need your help to provide insight and education on Adoption, Loss, and Infertility. Please enter a favorite blog entry or essay that you feel will be resourceful and eye opening to readers inside and outside of the ALI community. We use the winning entries in our literature to promote empathy and education to support PFM's mission statement."
- Forums: If you are not a member of the forums, you will not have access to the LFCA on days when we are utilizing an open thread in the forums instead of posting on this site. Any blog reader or writer can become a member of the forums by clicking here and registering. On days when we don't have the LFCA, it also follows that I'll be slow on approving new members (that whole lack of Internet access thing) so please be patient.
- None Today.
- Nancy is celebrating her anniversary today. Go over and wish them congratulations.
- Womb For Improvement celebrates her birthday today. Go sing her a little song.
- Fertilized is celebrating her birthday on Wednesday. Go eat a slice of cake with her.
- Peesticks and Stones is celebrating her blogoversary on Wednesday. Go wish her congratulations.
- STE's birthday is on Wednesday. Go over and sing her a little song.
- Infertile Turtle is celebrating her anniversary on Friday. Go wish them congratulations.
- My Journey to Mommyhood is celebrating her birthday this Saturday. Go sing her a little song.
- Hope in Virginia celebrated her 30th birthday over the weekend. Her birthday fell during the WUB, and she's hoping for a belated present on Friday, beta day.
- Devon and her husband are celebrating their wedding anniversary. Go share some bubbles.
- Today is Barbara's birthday. Go eat some cake with her.
- None Today.
- Andrea is experiencing an early loss of one of her triplets. Please go offer her some support.
- Barbara's father was diagnosed with early Alzheimer's disease. Please go give her support.
- Tears are for Babies' father is having surgery on his spine today. Please keep him in your thoughts.
- Shannon is dealing with a new diagnosis of MTHFR and going into her 6th IUI. She would love to hear from anyone with a diagnosis of MTHFR and what their treatment plans were like.
- Carly from Love Reign Over Me & To Write Their Names in the Sand needs some love and support right now, after receiving a hateful email. Please give her support.
- Sunny's "hail Mary pass" resulted in a BFN... although she managed to find the "win" in the day's events.
- Only a few months after having twins, Infertility Bites is in isolation as she undergoes radiation therapy for thyroid cancer. Please drop by and help keep her company.
- Peta-Maree is remembering the child she placed with adoption 17 years ago. Please go sit with her as she reflects on life then and infertility now.
- The Angry Infertile recently had some potential foster/adoption options come up. Go give her some words of wisdom as she navigates this possible path.
- Baby Hungry is having some difficulties in her marriage right now and could use some kind words.
- Crying Over the Fish Sticks' FET got underway last week. Please share some love with her as she heads into this.
- Please wish Mrs. Higrens good luck on her egg retrieval which is scheduled for Thursday!
- Pundelina Kafoops is in the middle of her IVF cycle, and needs to grow bigger follicles to hopefully trigger next week. If anyone could please send her some stories of their own little follies that could. (And did!)
- Michele's 17w4d appointment showed that her cervix has dilated up to the placement of the cerclage. Bedrest is continued with the hopes of keeping the stitch tightly in place and holding the babies in as long as possible. On the up side, Bobby and Maya looked great, and were very active.
- Empty Arms is experiencing several signs of incompetent cervix and is currently on bedrest. Please go keep her company.
- Devon is on bedrest at only 17 weeks after a weekend of cramping and the fear that her placenta previa will cause bleeding. Devon is on Lovenox after losing her twins last year at just 23 weeks. Please go give her support.
- Due to a shortened cervix, Stace has been admitted to the hospital for an extended stay.
- Kimberly from Princess Ladybugs & Monkeys has her first OB appointment and ultrasound first thing today. She's super nervous. If she hasn't posted yet, give her a little ~hug~ while waiting for it. If she has, support her newest update!
- Mrs. X's second beta doubled in 36 hours. Having experienced several miscarraiges, she is understandably cautious. Please go wish her well.
- The Baby Makin Chronicles has reached the halfway point. 20 weeks and her boy is doing well, as is she.
- Breeder Beware got a BFP last week and her betas have been rising appropriately. She is cautiously optimistic and could use some happy thoughts.
- None Today.
Read and Support