Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from Fishsticks and Fireflies. After tucking away the grief from the loss of her daughter at 21 weeks, the author writes a moving post on the anniversary of her death. She states: "I knew...that dead babies happened to good people all the time - with no rhyme, no reason, and no logic. I also believe that it would never happen to me." How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff!
- Distraction: Distract yourself with French cooking. Sassy is blogging about the secrets to French cooking at Delice du Jour. Recipes and reasons--sort of the perfect thing to give yourself a break from thinking about a cycle.
- Help a New Site: A blogger sent in information about a new site called Genetic Factor which is specifically looking at genetic factor infertility and loss. How can you help? "Submit your own story. Submit any poems regarding Loss, in particular, which you love or have helped you and you think may help/comfort others too. Submit any information/links/articles, etc., about the area of genetic "hurdles" that has affected or interested you most." The email me button at the bottom of the front page should be working soon.
- Contest: PFM Blog Entry/Essay Contest III. See the blog for rules. "We need your help to provide insight and education on Adoption, Loss, and Infertility. Please enter a favorite blog entry or essay that you feel will be resourceful and eye opening to readers inside and outside of the ALI community. We use the winning entries in our literature to promote empathy and education to support PFM's mission statement."
- Forums: If you are not a member of the forums, you will not have access to the LFCA on days when we are utilizing an open thread in the forums instead of posting on this site. Any blog reader or writer can become a member of the forums by clicking here and registering. On days when we don't have the LFCA, it also follows that I'll be slow on approving new members (that whole lack of Internet access thing) so please be patient.
- Hold My Hope (old blogger; new digs)
- Big Sister in Heaven (surrogacy)
- Delice du Jour (non-IF, but written by an IFer)
- The Vollmerhausen Family Blog (parenting after IF)
- Infertility is the New Black (general IF)
- Living in the Rainbow (religious/spiritual)
- Life Without Bobby (stillbirth)
- My Journey to Conceive with Endometriosis (endo)
- Adventures to Parenthood (in the beginning...)
- Girl [Un]scripted is celebrating her birthday today. Go over and sing her a little song.
- Gas Passer is also celebrating her birthday today. Go eat a slice of cake with her.
- Nancy is celebrating her anniversary tomorrow. Go over and wish them congratulations.
- Womb For Improvement celebrates her birthday tomorrow. Go sing her a little song.
- Fertilized is celebrating her birthday on Wednesday. Go eat a slice of cake with her.
- Peesticks and Stones is celebrating her blogoversary on Wednesday. Go wish her congratulations.
- STE's birthday is on Wednesday. Go over and sing her a little song.
- Infertile Turtle is celebrating her anniversary on Friday. Go wish them congratulations.
- My Journey to Mommyhood is celebrating her birthday this Saturday. Go sing her a little song.
- It was Stephanie and Jason's anniversary on Sunday. Go wish them congratulations.
- M was remembering her twin girls who would have been celebrating their first birthday on Friday the 10th. Please remember with her.
- Sunday marked one year since Erika lost her twin girls, Vivian and Annemarie. Please give her some support during this difficult time.
- Andie at The Conceivable Future is experiencing another chemical pregnancy. Please head over and give her some hugs.
- Mrs. Spock lost a friend this past weekend. Please go over and give her support.
- Rachel's grandfather passed away this weekend, and could use some support.
- My Struggle with Infertility had a really frustrating retrieval and a very hard weekend. Please go over and give her a lot of support right now.
- Leslee will be having a dIUI on Monday. Stop by and help distract her from the TWW.
- Body Diaries by Lucy has been canceled for the third time in the row, this time for the red tape with insurance.
- Astral had surgery and found endo on her bladder and a couple of polyps. Go give her some encouragement!
- Life With Jack is hoping to get their son, Jack, to get into Fraser Child & Family Center in Minneapolis for an autism evaluation.
- Mad Hatter has been diagnosed with early menopause and could use your support over the next few months as she tries to do everything she can to turn things around and become eligible for IVF.
- Soapchick's donor had her egg retrieval on Sunday and they got 15 eggs, but only 9 were mature and they have 7 embryos. Please pray and hope that they are all still alive on Wednesday so they can go for a 5 day transfer on Friday.
- After her last ultrasound, Minus One was given a 5--10% chance for the pregnancy to be viable. Please wait with her until her next ultrasound on Wednesday.
- So It Goes had her 200th post! She is also going through a difficult time with pg announcements on terriversaries.
- Michele's 17w4d appointment showed that her cervix has dilated up to the placement of the cerclage. Bedrest is continued with the hopes of keeping the stitch tightly in place and holding the babies in as long as possible. On the up side, Bobby and Maya looked great, and were very active.
- Empty Arms is experiencing several signs of incompetent cervix and is currently on bedrest. Please go keep her company.
- Devon is on bedrest at only 17 weeks after a weekend of cramping and the fear that her placenta previa will cause bleeding. Devon is on Lovenox after losing her twins last year at just 23 weeks. Please go give her support.
- Due to a shortened cervix, Stace has been admitted to the hospital for an extended stay.
- Sally from Tuesday's Hope found out she's having a boy after losing her first born daughter, Hope, at full term in August last year. Baby boy looked happy and healthy at his 19 week ultrasound.
- Diary of a Donor Egg IVF Girl is pregnant with twins. Go over and wish her congratulations.
- Thalia gave birth to Junior on July 2nd. He, like his big sister, is not keen on breastfeeding, but other than that is perfect and doing just fine. Go wish her congratulations.
- Holly from Jumping through the Hoops will be busting Ruby out of the hospital today! Ruby has been in the NICU since she was born on April 10th and will get to join her family today.
Read and Support