Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from Mrs Spit Spouts Off. The author reminds that stories are different, using the thoughts of a grief counselor who taught: "we each need to feel companionship and support from those around us, while still having others acknowledge our unique experiences." How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff!
- Organization: The Sphors have started an organization called Friends of Maddie that will support families who have a child in the NICU. Head over to the site to see how you can help.
- Preemie Project: The Preemie Project has started work on their fall/winter packages for premature infants. She writes: "It is hard to believe, but there are only 4 more months until these gifts start getting packed up and ready to deliver for Thanksgiving! I'm in the beginning stages of promoting this right now by asking for handmade items, donations and word-spreading." Click over if you have craft-y skills and would like to help.
- Resolve's Advocacy Day Follow-Up: Resolve writes: "We are proud to announce that since Advocacy Day we have 4 new co-sponsors to the Family Building Act in the House of Representatives: Bob Filner (CA), Gerry Connolly (VA), John Lewis (GA), and Eric Massa (NY). Thank you to everyone who visited these four offices – way to go! We are also close to getting a few Senators to co-sponsor the Family Building Act (S 1258) in the Senate and will keep you posted. Just moments ago RESOLVE learned that in the 2010 appropriations (funding) request in the House for the CDC, language was added that requires the CDC to create the National Action Plan on Public Health and Infertility, and to report back by April 2010. This is a huge victory for RESOLVE and for all of you – thank you!"
- Radio Show: "This week’s Creating a Family radio show (Wed., July 15) is on parenting after infertility. How does the long struggle to have a child, either through successful treatment or successful adoption, affect how we parent. Once you finally get your child infertility is over. Right? My guest to talk about parenting after infertility is Dorothy Greenfeld, Director of Psychological Services, Yale Fertility Center at Yale University School of Medicine. Send any questions that you want me to ask during the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can access the show at the radio page of www.CreatingaFamily.com and can listen live on Wed at 12-1:00 Eastern Time or after it airs either through your computer or as a podcast from iTunes."
- Cool Bracelet: Emily the Hopeless is selling a "celebrate adoption" bracelet as a fundraiser. Go over and get your own.
- Giveaway: Niobe is giving away a dozen, extra-tasty, super-jumbo cookies from Frank's Big Ones Bakery. If you live in the US or Canada, leave a comment on her giveaway post by midnight tonight EST and you'll be in the running.
- Forums: If you are not a member of the forums, you will not have access to the LFCA on days when we are utilizing an open thread in the forums instead of posting on this site. Any blog reader or writer can become a member of the forums by clicking here and registering. On days when we don't have the LFCA, it also follows that I'll be slow on approving new members (that whole lack of Internet access thing) so please be patient.
- Conception Deception (male factor)
- IF Crossroads (endo, in the beginning)
- Cheyrllookingforward (pg loss)
- Infertile Turtle is celebrating her anniversary on Friday. Go wish them congratulations.
- My Journey to Mommyhood is celebrating her birthday this Saturday. Go sing her a little song.
- Life Without Ellie is celebrating her first blogoversary on July 19th! Go wish her congratulations.
- Belle is celebrating her anniversary (5 years with partner) on the 18th, and her birthday on the 20th. Go wish her congratulations on both occasions.
- None Today.
- Road to Adopt's father passed away on Wednesday. Please go give her support.
- Noelle is having a very difficult time with her family. Please go over with hugs.
- Miriam is anxiously awaiting her husband's semen analysis results and could use a little positive thinking and support right now.
- Andrea and Darryl need a ton of support right now. Their adoption agency has gone bankrupt leaving hundreds of families out in the cold. Children in the orphanages managed by the adoption agency are in jeopardy as well. Please go over to give them support and to sign the petition on their blog.
- Quest for a Lifetime got a call from their adoption agency! The baby is due in mid-August and they hope to be in touch with the expectant mom next week.
- Full Circle has learned that the twins they've been foster parenting will very likely be returning to live with their mother. Please go leave her a word of support as she anticipates this loss.
- Michele's 17w4d appointment showed that her cervix has dilated up to the placement of the cerclage. Bedrest is continued with the hopes of keeping the stitch tightly in place and holding the babies in as long as possible. On the up side, Bobby and Maya looked great, and were very active.
- Empty Arms is experiencing several signs of incompetent cervix and is currently on bedrest. Please go keep her company.
- Devon is on bedrest at only 17 weeks after a weekend of cramping and the fear that her placenta previa will cause bleeding. Devon is on Lovenox after losing her twins last year at just 23 weeks. Please go give her support.
- Due to a shortened cervix, Stace has been admitted to the hospital for an extended stay.
- Carrie of Tubeless in Seattle has been placed on modified bedrest and will most likely be getting a cerclage in the next week or two. Please give her some support as she awaits her triplets arrival.
- Fertile Journey's betas are more than doubling! Go over and pop some sparkling cider with her!
- Dawn has first OB appointment tomorrow with a new OB after being released from the RE. She is hoping for another pic of the twins!
- After thousands spent on fertility treatments, Christina has just found out that she has gotten knocked up the old fashioned way! Congrats to the Apron Strings family!
- None Today.
Read and Support