Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from Stirrup Queens (Lori Kirtsy'd me!). BlogHer09 prompts the author to ask what kind of bloggers and readers are we. Do we interact with each other based on interest? Or on stats? Using the fable of two sisters, Gentle and Wicked, this post brings awareness to our motives. How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff!
- Apologies if the timing is off for the LFCA this week. I have limited Internet access so I'm uploading the blurbs when I can. If you put something on the LFCA form and you don't see it, don't worry--it will go up in the next issue.
- Blog Change: Rebecca from A View On My Life closed the "View" and started a new blog, as she is closing one chapter in her life and starting another with a new blog. Visit her in her new digs.
- Question: Perchancetodream writes: "We're having our home visit for our home study next week. We're in a rental that we know is completely child inappropriate but we know that we won't be living here in 2-3 years when this adoption comes through. Our social worker says she understands but then is making all these requirements. Has anyone else been through this? How have you handled it?"
- LFCA Heads Up: I'm going to have limited Internet access for a few days, so anything that isn't sent via the form will not make it into the LFCA. In other words, don't email the news, use the form, so it can be a quick cut-and-paste. Sorry about that!
- Forums: If you are not a member of the forums, you will not have access to the LFCA on days when we are utilizing an open thread in the forums instead of posting on this site. Any blog reader or writer can become a member of the forums by clicking here and registering. On days when we don't have the LFCA, it also follows that I'll be slow on approving new members (that whole lack of Internet access thing) so please be patient.
- None Today.
- Tuesday is the second anniversary of the original Lost and Found (it moved to its current site--here--next week).
- Life after D&C is celebrating her anniversary on Thursday. Go wish them congratulations.
- CD1 Again is celebrating her birthday on Saturday. Go sing her a little song.
- Wednesday will mark the day that Loribeth learned that her daughter had no heartbeat. On Friday, she delivered her daughter. Please go and sit with her on these two anniversaries.
- Twists of Fate is remembering her unfulfilled due date on Thursday. Please sit with her and give her support.
- On Friday, Life after Infertility and Loss will be remembering Carena who died in 1998. Please abide with her.
- Nikki has shared David's video. Go watch it and join her in remembering David.
- Dawn's 11-week ultrasound revealed that Baby A is doing well but Baby B did not survive. Please go give her support.
- Tanika just lost her third baby girl due to an incompetent cervix. Head over there and give her some hugs.
- Michelle at Is It Getting Easier Yet? is having a rough time with a BFN that looks like it was a chemical pregnancy.
- A Family with Ann Ovulation is at a crossroads dealing with employment and adding to the family questions.
- Amy will ungergo her egg retrieval on Tuesday for her second cycle of IVF with ICSI . She's a bit freaked after the first cycle produced no embryos. Please go give her support.
- Remembering the Life is missing Dekar and could use some extra love. Please click over and leave her a comment of support.
- Relaxing Doesn't Make Babies had a horrible doctor's appointment full of bad news and could use some attention.
- Sunny in Seattle marked her 200th post.
- Although she will remain on strict bedrest in the hospital until the twins are born, Michele had a good u/s yesterday. The babies are doing well and her cervix is closed. Stop by and share this good news with her.
- Empty Arms is experiencing several signs of incompetent cervix and is currently on bedrest. Please go keep her company.
- Devon has been admitted to the hospital with contractions. Please send her many prayers and warm thoughts. Her little one is still too young to be born and it is important that she stay inside as long as possible.
- Carrie of Tubeless in Seattle has been placed on modified bedrest and will most likely be getting a cerclage in the next week or two. Please give her some support as she awaits her triplets arrival.
- Christina saw a heartbeat and is measuring "spot on" at 6.5 weeks!
- None Today.
Read and Support