Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from Certainly Not Cool Enough to Blog. An incredibly moving post about life after the death of her son and movement towards a child-free future. One of the most gorgeous posts on a moment of closure (one of many) that I've ever read. How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff!
- Apologies if the timing is off for the LFCA this week. I have limited Internet access so I'm uploading the blurbs when I can. If you put something on the LFCA form and you don't see it, don't worry--it will go up in the next issue.
- Giveaway: Hobbit-ish Thoughts & Ramblings has posted her first giveaway and it is all about chocolate! A set of 48 Hershey recipe cards is up for grabs. Stop by and find out how to enter!
- Important Post: IfOptimist has posted an excellent breakdown on semen analysis. For anyone who has ever wondered what all those numbers mean...
- Blog Move: Musings of a Fat Chick has moved from blogspot to it's own domain! The URL is now http://musingsofafatchick.com. Come on over and see the new digs!
- Blog Change: Baby's Breath is the new name (same address) of "Tales of a Brown-eyed-girl (Hijacked by a Baby in Waiting)." Her Twitter ID has changed to @baybesbreath.
- Blog Change: Mommy Someday moved over to wordpress and is worried that no one followed her there. Make sure you've updated your readers and leave her some love.
- Question: Project Kjetil has a number of questions about going off metformin, and potential onset of gestational diabetes. If you have experience or insight in this area please stop by!
- Question: Brandy is new to IF treatment and is wondering how she should tell her boss about missing work for so many different appointments. Any advice or suggestions are much appreciated!
- Advice: Kat would love some ideas for a fundraiser she is putting together for her and her husband's adoption. If you have any ideas, go to her blog and give her some suggestions.
- Advice: Barbara is headed to the OB tomorrow about ttc, and says this, "Any suggestions on what I should ask? I do want to know what the evil fibroids are doing because they seem to be twisting and tugging at something but apart from that what should/could I suggest? I'm not sure I'm ready for anything like clomid yet but as for testing, I'm open to almost anything!"
- LFCA Heads Up: I'm going to have limited Internet access for a few days, so anything that isn't sent via the form will not make it into the LFCA. In other words, don't email the news, use the form, so it can be a quick cut-and-paste. Sorry about that!
- Forums: If you are not a member of the forums, you will not have access to the LFCA on days when we are utilizing an open thread in the forums instead of posting on this site. Any blog reader or writer can become a member of the forums by clicking here and registering. On days when we don't have the LFCA, it also follows that I'll be slow on approving new members (that whole lack of Internet access thing) so please be patient.
- None Today (many more will be added over the weekend).
- Life after D&C is celebrating her anniversary on Thursday. Go wish them congratulations.
- CD1 Again is celebrating her birthday on Saturday. Go sing her a little song.
- Katie and Mike are celebrating their third wedding anniversary! Go on over and wish them many more.
- Tuesday was The Happy Sad Mama's birthday. It isn't too late to go have cake with her!
- Elana's birthday is on Saturday, August 8th. Go wish her a happy 26th!! This is also the anniversary of her BFP for the twins.
- MC is celebrating her third wedding anniversary - go wish her many more happy years to come!
- Friday will mark the day that Loribeth delivered her daughter who was born still. Please go and sit with her on this anniversary.
- Twists of Fate is remembering her unfulfilled due date on Thursday. Please sit with her and give her support.
- On Friday, Life after Infertility and Loss will be remembering Carena who died in 1998. Please abide with her.
- Surviving Baby is missing her boys this weekend on their first birthday.
- On August 3, Monique passed the first anniversary of the in-utero death of Samuel Marc.
- There was no heartbeat at Amylynn's 3rd ultrasound. She is scheduled for a D&C on Friday. She's stepping away from the Internet for awhile but can use all the love and support we can offer.
- Noela is having a tough time and could use some support.
- Carrie from Tubeless in Seattle did not have the best appointment this week. She has learned that her cervix is shortening despite modified bedrest. She is now on a more strict bedrest. She also learned that the identical twins were having fluid issues.
- Jellybelly is finally having her endo surgery today. Send her best wishes!
- ME could use a lot of love right now due to a snafu at the hospital billing department.
- Once Upon a Time is going through a rough time while in the early stages of her successful IVF. Her family is being very unsupportive and saying hurtful things. She is worried about her upcoming u/s as well. Please head over and give her some support.
- Happy High Heels just had her IVF transfer after having planned IVF cycles cancelled twice in the past. She is feeling overwhelmed. Please visit to spread some encouragement to her!
- Crying Over the Fish Sticks is officially in the WUB after her FET, transferring one 3day 8 celled embryo. Go wait with her and offer some words of encouragement.
- There's a Baby at the End of This, Right? has decided to move forward with IVF again. She's having a hard time separating her feelings about her failed IVF attempts from the upcoming IVF cycle.
- Pundelina Kafoops got a negative beta after seeing faint positives on the HPTs.
- Lisa at Infertile Ground is actively adding things back into her life that she's avoided since deciding to stop treatments earlier this year.
- Me Inside Out is concerned her babies heart rates seem low and she is frightened of miscarrying.
- After six months of worrying, Waiting on Life's daughter has finally been cleared of the diagnosis of Cystic Fibrosis.
- Learning To Breathe could use a few hugs now. Her daughter has stopped speaking, and she is going to be evaluated for autism. She could use a few words of encouragement while she waits for the evaluation.
- Elana's 4 1/2 month old daughter, Chana, is in the hospital with an unknown ailment. The doctors are still unsure about what is going on and she will be in the hospital until Friday at the earliest.
- Our Front Porch Looking In recently had a D&C after their loss. They are currently seeking thoughts/prayers to continue their healing and also on their plans for move forward with treatments.
- Lori's husband comes home from the hospital after recovering nearly two weeks from a Go Kart accident.
- Although she will remain on strict bedrest in the hospital until the twins are born, Michele had a good u/s yesterday. The babies are doing well and her cervix is closed. Stop by and share this good news with her.
- Empty Arms is experiencing several signs of incompetent cervix and is currently on bedrest. Please go keep her company.
- Devon has been admitted to the hospital with contractions. Please send her many prayers and warm thoughts. Her little one is still too young to be born and it is important that she stay inside as long as possible.
- Carrie of Tubeless in Seattle has been placed on modified bedrest and will most likely be getting a cerclage in the next week or two. Please give her some support as she awaits her triplets arrival.
- Amanda found out that she is having a girl!
- But A Moment's first ultrasound showed a single gestational sac and yolk!
- Polly has gotten some fantastic second-trimester screening results. Go help keep her spirits high.
- The Young and the Infertile is several weeks into her pregnancy and struggling with feelings of depression. Go give her hugs and support.
- With three good rising betas, it's official - Allaby's pregnant! Go give her congratulations.
- Nina is growing a little boy who has been pronounced perfect at the 20week scan!
- None Today.
Read and Support