Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from Fertilized. An honest, gut-wrenching post about conceiving without assistance after infertility. Raw feelings that contain this gorgeous thought: "There are so many emotional layers to infertility...Like an onion...I peel back each layer to only find more layers of raw-ness.". How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff!
- Question: Alyssa is struggling with an invitation she recently got and whether to attend or not. Please go and offer support and advice.
- Activism: Miscarriage, Stillbirth, and Infant Loss Directory: The Stillbirth and SUID Prevention, Education and Awareness Act of 2009 has been introduced into Congress to fund research into the causes and ways to prevent Stillbirth and SIDS and neonatal death. Please call your Congressional Representatives to support this bill, and please blog about it, email about it, and pass the word to anyone you can to get support for this bill. More information such as Fact sheets, sample letters, and contact information for Senators and the House of Representatives can also be found in this space.
- Blog Move: Soapchick has a new blog (Family Tree of Two) since she and Tarzan are taking a break after their failed DE cycle. She still has the private blog as well, but the new one is public.
- Forums: If you are not a member of the forums, you will not have access to the LFCA on days when we are utilizing an open thread in the forums instead of posting on this site. Any blog reader or writer can become a member of the forums by clicking here and registering. On days when we don't have the LFCA, it also follows that I'll be slow on approving new members (that whole lack of Internet access thing) so please be patient.
- None Today.
- PerchancetoDream is celebrating her birthday on Wednesday. Go sing her a little song.
- Saturday is A New Day's birthday. Go over and have a slice of cake with her.
- Michele's husband, Peter, is turning 31 on Wednesday. Have a piece of dark chocolate cake with them!
- Amy is celebrating her 2nd blogoversary on Thursday. Go wish her congratulations.
- Michelle is celebrating her one year blogoversary. Go and congratulate her.
- Caro is celebrating her 4th wedding anniversary on Thursday. Go wish her congratulations.
- On Thursday, Julie will be remembering her father on the date of his death. Please give her support this week.
- Saturday is Jen's loss date of her first pregnancy. Please give her support this week.
- Sarah's mother in law passed away. Please go give her support.
- Marie lost her second child 2 weeks ago; a boy named Evan who was born on July 25th.
- AmyLynn discovered at ultrasound her baby had died in utero. Please go and cover her in love.
- Renovation Girl has been unexpectedly diagnosed with a heart murmur. She could use a HUGE hug.
- Peaches will have a biopsy on Wednesday. Send her good thoughts that everything will be normal and she can proceed with an embryo transfer in September.
- Baby Smiling in Back Seat found out her cervix is shortening (she is also listed under Bed Rest below). Keep her company while she waits for her next appointment. She also just had her 200th post!
- Although she will remain on strict bedrest in the hospital until the twins are born, Michele had a good u/s yesterday. The babies are doing well and her cervix is closed. Stop by and share this good news with her.
- Empty Arms is experiencing several signs of incompetent cervix and is currently on bedrest. Please go keep her company.
- Devon has been admitted to the hospital with contractions. Please send her many prayers and warm thoughts. Her little one is still too young to be born and it is important that she stay inside as long as possible.
- Carrie of Tubeless in Seattle has been placed on modified bedrest and will most likely be getting a cerclage in the next week or two. Please give her some support as she awaits her triplets arrival.
- Jamie was recently released off hospital bedrest but is now on modified bedrest at home.
- Baby Smiling In Back Seat's cervix has shortened and she is now on modified bedrest to keep her twins inside as long as possible.
- Fran's betas are doubling! Go wish her congratulations.
- LeahJane had a great 19 week ultrasound, it was a huge relief given the pain she had endured when she had the same scan last time. Go over and offer congratulations.
- Teresa Embrey gave birth to a boy, Noah, on Monday, August 10th. Go wish her congratulations.
Read and Support