Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from Plan B: Family of Two. The author overhears women at a nearby table picking apart the lives of a childless couple they all know and explains how she hears the conversation as a woman living child-free after infertility. How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff!
- Off-Topic: Pam writes: "I know this is a shameful plug for myself, and a non-IF one at that. I'd really appreciate it if your readers could click this link and help me out with the contest to win my DH hockey tickets (I've dropped to 5th). We're down to the last three days and you can vote once a day. Please? Thank you!"
- Project: Do you want to add your voice to the US health care debate--but want to be heard over the shouting? Journeywoman has an idea--click through and help out!
- Congratulations: Weebles Wobblog is in the September/October issue of Adoptive Families magazine. Go wish her congratulations and get your copy of the issue.
- Magazine: The beautiful Sept/Nov issue of Exhale is now available online. This issue features Brenda Phillips' post-baby-loss artwork; Melissa Ford's new book, Navigating the Land of IF; and compelling poetry and prose by baby-lost and IF-mommas from around the world.
- Submissions: Exhale Call for Submissions: LEVITY - Laughter as therapy? Heck yeah! Exhale is looking for your light pieces - poetry, essays, art, and photography - for our next Nov/Dec) issue, which will have a Levity theme. Where have you found humor in the darnedest places? What has made you crack a smile when you didn't think you could? View our submissions guidelines at (www.exhalezine.com/submissionguidelines.html) to send us your work. Submissions deadline for the next issue OCTOBER 15th, 2009.
- Project: In Due Time has finally made her big announcement! She's just opened a new chat site for the ALI community called ALI Gab. Please drop by and congratulate her on her achievement.
- Project: Cara, founding director of Share Southern Vermont is knee deep in preparations for their next two events, participation in the National Wave of Light on October 15th, and their first annual Bowling for Babies fundraiser in November. The amount of loss southern Vermont has seen lately is devestating and they are down to their last four memory boxes. If you have the skills and would consider making a few for the group please click over to read the press release. They are also looking for people willing to crochet angel ornaments for their holiday drive that will kick off at the Bowling for Babies event. Images of both the box and the ornaments are in the post.
- Blog Closing: Trials and Tribulations on an Infertile Man is closing his blog. Please go over to say goodbye.
- Forums: If you are not a member of the forums, you will not have access to the LFCA on days when we are utilizing an open thread in the forums instead of posting on this site. Any blog reader or writer can become a member of the forums by clicking here and registering. On days when we don't have the LFCA, it also follows that I'll be slow on approving new members (that whole lack of Internet access thing) so please be patient.
- A + B, Waiting for C (unexplained IF)
- Trying to Conceive - My Journey (in the beginning)
- Write, Baby, Repeat (parenting after domestic adoption)
- Babygaga (male factor)
- For This Little One We Prayed (parenting after IF)
- Jenny's Baby Makin' Adventure (IVF)
- Little Footprints (stillbirth/neonatal death)
- Keep Going, Keep Going (uterine anomalies-unicornuate uterus, pregnancy after IVF)
- All Grown Up turns 30 today. Go sing her a little song.
- Building Heavenly Bridges is celebrating her blogoversary early next week. Go over and wish her congratulations.
- None Today.
- Shannon is starting stims on Thursday for her first IVF/ICSI. All positive thoughts and energy anyone could spare would be great. She is very nervous/anxious/excited to go through this process.
- Michele received the news that Bobby was having SVT on Tuesday. With medication it has gotten a little better, but he is still having arythmia. Unfortunately the medication is wreaking havoc with Michelle's already high blood sugar so she will also have to go on insulin therapy. The good news is that Maya is still doing well and it looks like the babies won't be making their entrance any time soon.
- Devon is home, but still on bedrest.
- Carrie of Tubeless in Seattle has been put on hospital bedrest until the triplets are born. Please send her support as she awaits her boys.
- Jamie was recently released off hospital bedrest but is now on modified bedrest at home.
- Baby Smiling In Back Seat has been admitted to the hospital due to premature labor at 28 weeks. The babies are doing well. The drugs seem to be stopping labor for now.
- After a scary hospital visit at 24 weeks, Chelle is on modified bed rest. Her restrictions will increase as time goes on to try to avoid preeclampsia and keep her twin girls growing inside her as long as possible. The girls are doing great.
- Maybe Baby got a BFP on Tuesday. She's had two losses this year and is nervous about this one. Please send her support and hope.
- Congratulations to Janna and Jon on the long-awaited finalization of Little Bit's adoption!
- Vee and Max have welcomed Baby Leo into the world. Go over and wish them congratulations.
Read and Support