Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from Stirrup Queens. A post correcting the misinformation perpetuated by the media in regards to infertility and treatments, jumping off of the wrong embryo transfer currently in the news. How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff!
- Kirtsy Note: Fine, fine, I Kirtsy'd the post. But if we want it on the front page of Kirtsy, you need to still click on the "this one" link above, click on the title of the post, and log your vote. Even if you've already read the piece. Without that, it would actually be moved to the front page.
- Request: Did you talk about family building options (as in, what if we're infertile? Or I know I'd like to build our family via adoption) before marriage--before you had tried to conceive. And if you did, have you ever written about it? And if you have, could you email me a link to the post?
- Fundraiser: April from CD1 Again... is doing the Light the Night walk for Leukemia and Lymphoma. Please donate if you would like to support her.
- Question: FET Accompli has a question about telling an Iffer friend that you're pregnant. Go over and read the story and weigh in with your opinion.
- IComLeavWe: September's IComLeavWe begins today! Get your commenting on. The list is still open until tonight if you want to join along.
- Fundraiser: The IVP is doing their felt food auction. If you haven't seen it before, you definitely need to click over. It is very very cool. You can bid until September 27th. The money goes to help fund treatments and adoption. My favourite set has matzah AND bacon...
- Name Change: Guera! has changed the name of her blog from "Portraits in Sepia" to "The Journey to 40 and Beyond." The web address is the same.
- Forums: If you are not a member of the forums, you will not have access to the LFCA on days when we are utilizing an open thread in the forums instead of posting on this site. Any blog reader or writer can become a member of the forums by clicking here and registering. On days when we don't have the LFCA, it also follows that I'll be slow on approving new members (that whole lack of Internet access thing) so please be patient.
- Adventures in Baby Waiting (female factor)
- The Shadowed One (old blogger; new digs, non-IF but written by an Iffer)
- Bitter is the New Black (azoospermia, anovulation)
- MLO is celebrating her birthday next Thursday. Go sing her a little song.
- Tuesday's Hope turns 30 tomorrow. Go share a glass of sparkling apple juice with her.
- September 23rd is the anniversary of Carolyne's miscarriage. Her husband can't take the day off work to be with her so I'm sure she'd appreciate people stopping by.
- Catherine is remembering Travis on what would have been his third birthday.
- After really high beta numbers, c by the sea just found out at her first ultrasound that her uterus is empty. She will have one more ultrasound on Friday to confirm, but they are preparing for it to be ectopic. Needless to say, she is deeply hurting and needs some support.
- Infertility Sucks had her ER yesterday and had 18 retrieved, 16 mature, and 12 fertilized! She's currently scheduled for a Day 3 transfer on Tuesday. Go and wish her luck!
- Tireegal just found out that their second egg donor had to cancel at the eleventh hour- minutes after she received her schedule for meds and procedures. She needs support and encouragement for the rest of the journey and wonders what is in store.
- Astral is having her interview before the whole school board for a teaching position. Please keep her in your prayers!
- On (In)fertile Ground got her fertilization report: "42 eggs retrieved. 15 were immature. 27 were mature. They froze 17 mature eggs. They exposed 10 mature eggs to sperm. 8 of those 10 fertilized. We have 8 embryos." Go offer congratulations.
- Bee in the Bonnet is having a cyst aspirated tomorrow so the cycle can continue. Go give her good thoughts.
- Emily is scheduled for retrieval on Tuesday morning. Wish her luck!
- As Jackie prepares for her first IVF (she starts BCP next week), her husband is having a really hard time with the fact that they are doing IVF. It is putting a tremendous strain on both of them and Jackie doesn't know what to do. Please go offer her some support.
- Devon is home, but still on bedrest.
- Carrie of Tubeless in Seattle has been released from the hospital and is back at home on bedrest, awaiting her triplet boys.
- Jamie was recently released off hospital bedrest but is now on modified bedrest at home.
- Baby Smiling In Back Seat is still in the hospital at 30 weeks, staying put for at least a couple more weeks to keep holding off preterm labor. The twins continue to look fantastic.
- After a scary hospital visit at 24 weeks, Chelle is on modified bed rest. Her restrictions will increase as time goes on to try to avoid preeclampsia and keep her twin girls growing inside her as long as possible. The girls are doing great.
- AndreaJennine is on bedrest; she started bleeding at 5w6d and had a scan showing a subchorionic hematoma.
- For The Flavor has been put on hospital bedrest due to low fluid and IUGR. An induction can be in the plans at any time, if the baby shows more distress . She could use some company while she waits and watches.
- Debbie's water has broken, and she will be in the hospital until she delivers the twins, hopefully up to 6 weeks.
- Busted Tube had a great first ultrasound. Go tell her congratulations.
- Hope in Briarrose saw the heartbeat. Go wish her congratulations.
- Waiting in Sunshine and her gestational carrier saw one sac. They go back in 8 days. Go give them good thoughts and congratulations.
- Healing Arts delivered yesterday. More news when she posts again.
Read and Support