Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: None Today.
- Support Request: Tigger writes: "My sister-in-law approached me this weekend with a request. A co-worker friend of hers had an 8-week miscarriage in December of last year, and a 12-week one earlier this year. She has two live children, but we all know that doesn't make it any easier. My SIL says she gave her my information as someone to talk to, but beyond a chem pregnancy 5 years ago I've never come close. I know we have a lot of women in the blogosphere who DO have experience with this, though, so I'd like to put out a call for information. My SIL says she doesn't think her friend is really ready to deal with it yet, but she'd like to have some information available. Where can I send this woman for support? Are there some forums, boards, blogs she should read? Books? Anything? I can envision her pain, but I'd really like to be able to direct her somewhere where I know she can get what she needs. People can either email me at tess_2k2 at hotmail.com or they leave a comment on the blog."
- Radio Show: Tune in and participate in a radio show on Wed., Oct 7 called Creating A Family: Talk About Infertility and Adoption. The topic will be Living Childfree After Infertility. Coming2Terms' Pamela Tsigdinos, will be a guest along with Stephanie Baffone, a therapist who made the decision to live child free after years in infertility treatment and has counseled many others facing this decision.
- Research: Trinity is a NICU social worker in search of feedback from parents who've lived the NICU experience. She is in the process of crafting a new program for NICU parents, and she'd be grateful for your insight. How did your NICU staff provide support to you? What did they do well or not so well? What do you wish you'd had but didn't? Warm thanks for all thoughts and suggestions.
- I finished the blogroll!
- Forums: If you are not a member of the forums, you will not have access to the LFCA on days when we are utilizing an open thread in the forums instead of posting on this site. Any blog reader or writer can become a member of the forums by clicking here and registering. On days when we don't have the LFCA, it also follows that I'll be slow on approving new members (that whole lack of Internet access thing) so please be patient.
- Circus Children (IUI/IVF)
- Congratulations to Lindsay, who forgot her blogoversary. It was September 25th! You can still go over to give her good thoughts.
- Shannon is celebrating her 35th birthday! Go over and have some cake with her!
- It is the first anniversary of Isaac's short life on October 7th and Stacy could use some support.
- Dead Baby Jokes is acknowledging three years since her losses. Her beautiful words are touching, true and soft.
- Tears Are For Babies is remembering an unfulfilled due date today.
- Not Like I Thought it Would Be unexpectedly found out she was pregnant in September, then last week, on the day after her son's first birthday she found out the baby had no heart beat. She is having a tough time so please go over and give her support.
- Infertility Sucks is in beta hell with her betas rising slowly and could use some emotional support right now as she waits for beta #3. Please go over and give her good thoughts.
- Gwinne is waiting to find out if her retrieval will be Wednesday or Thursday. It's been a long ride to get here. Please stop by to wish her well.
- Writermom is trying to decide between hopping back on the TTC train because this cycle looks good for an IUI, or getting surgery next week to treat the endometriosis pain that's been hounding her since Jan., and would love advice on which way to go.
- A Family With Ann Ovulation had another negative beta today and could use some comfort.
- Emily got a BFN and she is devastated. Please go give her support.
- Hope.Faith.Patience got a negative for the FET. Please go give her support.
- Carrie of Tubeless in Seattle is back on bedrest. She had a positive fFN at her last appointment and her cervix is at 1cm. Please go and give her some support.
- After a scary hospital visit at 24 weeks, Chelle is on modified bed rest. Her restrictions will increase as time goes on to try to avoid preeclampsia and keep her twin girls growing inside her as long as possible. The girls are doing great.
- Debbie's water has broken, and she will be in the hospital until she delivers the twins, hopefully up to 6 weeks.
- Fertile Journeys is on bedrest due to a bleed. Please go on over and keep her company.
- Born Still But Still Born was put on bedrest until the end of her pregnancy. Please go keep her company.
- None Today.
- Debbie gave birth to twin girls, Sadie and Zoe, on Saturday. Zoe needs surgery immediately, so please keep them in your thoughts.
Read and Support