Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from The Maybe Babies. A difficult post to read, but an important discussion to have, and M lays it on the table with a lot of food for thoughts: what is the point of awareness? How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff!
- Game: I'm going to beat all your asses at it, so I'm not even sure why I'm encouraging you to play, but Lori has posted a new round of Childhood Trivia.
- Apropos of Nothing: Did you know that triops are real? And they eat their siblings? And their eggs can be dormant for 20 years and still hatch, releasing more triops into this world?
- Book: Elizabeth Elias has written a memoir of motherhood and adoption with special focus on the dark year following the adoption of her daughter from China. With so little support for sufferers of Post Adoption Depression, Elizabeth decided to put her experiences into print.
- New England Face-to-Face Group: Romancing The Stone has just organized a Social Club for women in New England who are experiencing the ups and downs of adding on to their families. They are an interactive, friendly group full of girl-power and support. All are welcome. Check them out: RubyFeather. You can also reach out to Michele directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or through her blog.
- Forums: If you are not a member of the forums, you will not have access to the LFCA on days when we are utilizing an open thread in the forums instead of posting on this site. Any blog reader or writer can become a member of the forums by clicking here and registering. On days when we don't have the LFCA, it also follows that I'll be slow on approving new members (that whole lack of Internet access thing) so please be patient.
- None Today (more added soon).
- Into the Light Again forgot her blogoversary! It was in September, but it's not too late to go over and wish her congratulations on three years of blogging.
- Parenthoodforme will be celebrating her blogoversary on October 15. Go wish her congratulations.
- Polly and her husband are celebrating their 8th anniversary! go on over and wish them many more!
- None Today.
- Please send your thoughts to Farm Wife's cousin and her husband. They have just suffered a stillbirth and could use all of the thoughts, prayers and comfort that we can provide. They are hurting.
- Megan could use support with their recent adoption of three siblings over the past week and a possible adoption of a 4th child, due in February.
- After hearing the bad news that only four of seven eggs were retrieved, Gwinne had two beautiful embryos transferred on Sunday. Please stop by to wish her well during the long 12 days left until beta.
- Full Circle's foster children moved back home with their mom on Monday.
- Of Course You'll Get Pregnant! had two 8-celled embryos transferred on Saturday, now called Phineas and Barnaby. Wish her well in the WUB!
- Carrie of Tubeless in Seattle is back on bedrest. She had a positive fFN at her last appointment and her cervix is at 1cm. Please go and give her some support.
- After a scary hospital visit at 24 weeks, Chelle is on modified bed rest. Her restrictions will increase as time goes on to try to avoid preeclampsia and keep her twin girls growing inside her as long as possible. The girls are doing great.
- Fertile Journeys is on bedrest due to a bleed. Please go on over and keep her company.
- Tears Are For Babies had a positive HPT at 14dpo, but her beta was only 13.4. She is very discouraged, and could use prayers and good thoughts on her behalf.
- The expectant mom matched with Hopefully Hoping gave birth to a little girl on Monday, Emily Elizabeth!
Read and Support