Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from Hannah Wept, Sarah Laughed. As the reality of her infertility diagnosis sets in, one woman pens an emotional, moving letter to the biological genetic child that she'll never meet. It's a letter of farewell, and ultimately, hope. How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff!
- Film Fundraising: I usually don't post these things, but I watched the trailer, BAWLED, and felt moved to put it out there (heads up: there are children pictured towards the end of the trailer. They also used one of my favourite songs as the background music at the end). The film is about becoming a single parent by choice and it tries to show the reality of using donor sperm. I loved the statistic at the end: only 6% of children are raised in a "traditional" home, meaning, two straight parents who remained married. And this film is addressing the fact that there are many ways to build a family. The filmmaker writes: "Deirdre Fishel, a Brooklyn based independent documentary filmmaker. She recently made a personal film about her process (and that of three other women) to parent solo using donor sperm. The film is nearly finished, but before we can put it out in the world where it can hopefully be a positive contribution to the changing family paradigm, we need to raise the last bit of money. For this purpose we have put a trailer on line and created the possibility for individuals to donate (every small donation helps)."
- Missing Blogger: "I am just wondering if anyone has heard from Chelle- formally of "Our Twins" and "Our Life in a Nutchelle) Both of her blogs have been deleted- she had Madison and Mackenzie on 10-8-09 and had HELLP after delivery. Attempts to email have resulted in nothing-just worried." Chelle, if you're reading this, leave a note on LFCA and let everyone know you're okay?
- Daily Update: There are currently 87 participants on the Creme de la Creme 2009 list.
- Project: Wistfulgirl's World is having an ornament and dreidel exchange. Sign up at her blog. The exchange closes this Sunday, November 15.
- Vote: Amanda from Waiting in Line has her twins in the same contest as Sticky Feet. If you click over to the site, they are #9 on the right sidebar.
- Forums: If you are not a member of the forums, you will not have access to the LFCA on days when we are utilizing an open thread in the forums instead of posting on this site. Any blog reader or writer can become a member of the forums by clicking here and registering. On days when we don't have the LFCA, it also follows that I'll be slow on approving new members (that whole lack of Internet access thing) so please be patient.
- None Today.
- TheMrs's 41st birthday is Sunday, November 15th. She is freaking out and would love support AND well wishes.
- On Thursday, Sassy IF Lady will be turning 30! Go sing her a little song.
- Bluebird is remembering her twins on their birthday. Please go abide with her.
- Cheryl is remembering her baby boy's unfulfilled due date on Friday, November 13. Also, she is at the same week in her current pregnancy that she found out her baby had stopped growing and is struggling with the anxiety of her next doctor's appointment.
- None Today.
- MoJo Working's IVF has been cancelled by her husband and she is struggling with how to handle the marital fallout. She could use any and all support right now. Please stop by and let her know that she is not alone.
- Brandy at Conception Deception has a negative beta after her first IVF. Please send a little support her way.
- Katie at From If to When just found out that her first IUI resulted in a negative beta. She could use some hugs.
- Carrie of Tubeless in Seattle has posted that Baby Lion has healed from his bout of NEC and that all three boys are home from the hospital!
- Just What I Always Wanted has a positive pregnancy test and lots of bleeding and cramping. Please go sit with her while she figures out what's what.
- None Today.
- IF Optimist went in for her first ultrasound on Sunday and saw twins!
- Carol got a positive HPT yesterday and her beta is today. She is really hoping for a strong beta, but is very nervous after what happened in her last cycle (first beta was low, second beta went down). Go give her good thoughts.
- Kari at Baby Steps just found out IVF#2 was a success and could use some company during the beta watch/wait.
- G$ is cautiously optimistic after a positive HPT and a great first beta. Go send her good wishes as she waits for a second beta on Friday.
- A Little Bit Lost is pregnant! Go wish her congratulations.
- Waiting For U, Baby is not waiting anymore - she welcomed baby Valerie on Monday! Go wish her congratulations.
Read and Support