Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Cake Extravaganza: Friday is the 200th/300th Friday Blog Roundup cake extravaganza. On Friday, upload a picture of a piece of cake (and don’t get hung up on the words “a piece of cake” — if you want to bake a whole cake or celebrate with an oreo or simply walk by the bakery and take a picture and not put anything in your piehole, it’s all good) and then link to your blog post using the linky function that will be in the Friday Blog Roundup. It would be lovely if you wrote something about what community means to you. Why you love being part of the ALI community, and how you feel when you read a particularly satisfying blog post.
- Question: One Year Later writes, "I am reaching out to the blog-world for some advice. I work for a law firm - and was just recently informed that maternity leave is 14 paid weeks - but adoption "maternity" leave is 2 weeks paid. I am having a difficult time processing this discrimination and trying to figure out what to do with this and how to go about handling it. I live in the state of Ohio, and there are laws here about discriminating against women for pregnancy related medical issues - and I believe one could make the case that I am being discriminated against for infertility. Because I cannot actually give birth to a baby - I am not entitled to the same maternity leave? Has anyone ever heard of this - or does anyone have any advice? Thanks!"
- IComLeavWe: a new list has opened for the month of August.
- Giveaway: Erica is celebrating 400 followers at PFM with her first giveaway. Open until Wednesday, August 6. Details on the blog.
- First Time Reading the LFCA: If this is your first time reading the LFCA or you need a refresher about how the LFCA works, please read this post. It has everything you need to know about getting your news in the LFCA.
- Quicklink Resources: Regular ALI Blogroll: If you would like your blog added to the ALI blogroll, please email me directly with your blog url and category pick. More information about being added is contained in that link. Password-Protected Blogroll: If you would like your password-protected blog added to the blogroll, please fill out the form.
- This Wednesday is the 3 year anniversary of the LFCA.
- Life After D&C is celebrating her anniversary on Friday. Go wish them congratulations.
- This can be a difficult time of year for Lori. Next Thursday marks the day that she learned that Katie's heart had stopped and the Saturday after that, Katie was born still. Please give her support.
- Next Saturday is also the loss date of Carena (in 1998). Please support JuliaS as she remembers.
- None Today.
- Making me Mom, who is always an inspiration, has just found out that her FET#1 is another BFN, though is waiting on her beta to confirm. She has already done 2 IVF's and is very discouraged. Please surround her with hugs and words of encouragement as she has done for so many others.
- Susanne's first monitoring appt for IVF #2 didn't go so well. Only 3 measurable follicles were found. Please stop by and offer her some kind words as she waits for her next appointment.
- Eileen hit 31 weeks with her boy/girl twins and is now confined to her hospital room until after her babies are delivered. She was diagnosed with severe preeclampsia. The doctors determined that she would need constant monitoring of the babies and her extreme swelling and blood pressure issues.
- Romancing the Stone is home from the hospital.
- Emily has been put on modified bedrest with her twins.
- None Today.
- All the quads are home now for On (In)fertile Ground. Sophie and Ethan went home together from the NICU and join Liam and Jude at home. Go wish them congratulations.
Read and Support