Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Honoured: Check out Parenting.com's top 10 Must Read Moms! Several people from our community (4!) have been honoured. Many more are included in the additional top 50 list.
- Opportunity: Posted by a blogger: "Abington Reproductive Medicine is looking for participants in a new IVF drug study. Participants will not be charged for their cycle or the medication. "The purpose of the study is to evaluate the effectiveness and safety of a single injection of the “study med” in inducing the development of multiple follicles..." It might be worth investigation for those of you who might be in or near the PA area."
- Connection: Jen is desperately searching for anyone that has adopted an older child with a 4 year old biological child at home. She is looking for ways to explain adoption to her daughter and make sure she is okay with it. She is also looking for reassurance that adopting outside of birth order is not as crazy as everyone thinks. Any advice is appreciated. Her email is posted on her blog.
- Connection: Kelly has discovered from her testing that she has elevated natural killer cells and borderline high antiphospholipid cells and would like to hear from anyone in the same boat.
- Giveaway: Having reached 200 followers and 200 posts, Keiko is celebrating with her first Big IF Bloggy Giveaway. Swing by to check out all the goodies up for grabs and to find out how you can enter; the deadline to enter is August 31, 2010.
- Raffle: Carrie is selling raffle tickets for themed gift baskets to raise money for adoption expenses. Stop by to see what she has and feel free to spread the word!
- Advice: Marianne and her husband are having a difficult time knowing what path to take. She is asking for advice and words of encouragement before making a decision to move forward with IVF or dIUI.
- Advice: Arian at Fractured Rainbows is having a difficult time dealing with family and negative opinions about adopting a child of a different race or from a foreign country. She is looking for advice on how to handle comments from her family.
- Question: April was curious how long progesterone supplements last. When they are no longer good. She still has some in the fridge and was curious if they are still good to use.
- First Time Reading the LFCA: If this is your first time reading the LFCA or you need a refresher about how the LFCA works, please read this post. It has everything you need to know about getting your news in the LFCA.
- Quicklink Resources: Regular ALI Blogroll: If you would like your blog added to the ALI blogroll, please email me directly with your blog url and category pick. More information about being added is contained in that link. Password-Protected Blogroll: If you would like your password-protected blog added to the blogroll, please fill out the form.
- No Baby Ruth (female factor, secondary amenorrhea)
- Life After Will (stillbirth)
- When Baby Makes Three (in the beginning)
- Crashing, Burning, & Getting Back Up (child free)
- Amazing Mikayla Grace (neonatal death)
- Catrisha's birthday is on Friday. Go sing her a little song.
- CD1 Again celebrated her birthday on Sunday. Go over and share a piece of cake with her.
- Here We Go Again is celebrating her anniversary on Tuesday. Go wish them congratulations.
- Perchance to Dream is celebrating her birthday on Thursday. Go sing her a little song.
- Sunday was Elana's (from Elana's Musings and The Twinners) 27th birthday! Go and celebrate with her.
- Friday is the day that the LFCA moved from being a single post on Stirrup Queens into the space you see today.
- Julie will be remembering her father on Friday. Please give her support.
- Vera Kate is coming up on the anniversary of her second loss on August 31st. She is missing her son, Noah, and wishing that he was remembered by others. Please stop by and remember with her.
- Andie from The Conceivable Future just received confirmation that her betas are dropping and she is losing another pregnancy. She suffers from RPL and could really use a hug, a kind word, and to know that we are all thinking of her in the coming days, weeks, and months.
- Stacy's friend is delivering her son, Ethan, today and Ethan is not expected to live. Please go leave a message of support for her.
- JJ was scheduled to have a complex surgery on Wednesday and the surgeon canceled it. She is now playing the waiting game to have it rescheduled. She could really use a hug and some support.
- Sunny in Seattle is asking for prayers for a friend whose baby was recently diagnosed with fetal ascites (fluid in the abdomen) at their 20 week ultrasound. Her friend is struggling with this difficult news and would appreciate any good thoughts. Also, if you have any positive outcome stories about fetal ascites, please share in the comments of this post.
- Infertility Just Sucks is going in for an IUI on Wednesday; beta will be 8/20. Wish her luck!
- Jenn lost her son two months ago and is struggling to cope. Now she just found out her sister is pregnant through a facebook status. She could really use some support and hugs.
- Emily is about to start a new job, the first time she's worked since losing Aidan, and could use some support. But she's also struggling with feelings of guilt and scared that she inadvertently caused her son's death. Please stop by and send her hugs.
- B was faced with two pregnant women at her sister's hen do (aka bachelorette party) this last weekend. She managed to stay so she could be there for her sister but is suffering now and could use some hugs.
- It's three months since Angela's baby Charlotte Ava died just after birth and she is struggling. Please pop by and give her some support.
- Baby B has been improving but has needed a little more support the last few days. Please keep her and Noelle in your thoughts.
- Jessica transferred two blasts, and she is now PUPO.
- Rosie fears the last frozen embryos did not stay with her, resulting in a BFN. She is in a tough spot as she faces starting all over with the clock ticking. Please send Rosie your love, support and encouragement.
- Lis just found out that her husband is leaving on Sunday for over seas and will be away for a few months. She will likely have to do an IVF cycle while he is gone. Lets let her know that she is not alone.
- Illanare has hit a very rough spot in her marriage and can use lots of love support.
- Kelly is having a difficult time processing some recent test results after multiple miscarriages and could use some support right now.
- Amy is on modified bed rest at 27 weeks with twins and is having trouble understanding and dealing with her 3-year-old's behavior. Any wisdom, insight, or advice would be appreciated!
- Eileen hit 31 weeks with her boy/girl twins and is now confined to her hospital room until after her babies are delivered. She was diagnosed with severe preeclampsia. The doctors determined that she would need constant monitoring of the babies and her extreme swelling and blood pressure issues.
- Romancing the Stone is home from the hospital.
- Emily has been put on modified bedrest with her twins.
- Pull Up Your Potty Seat is pregnant!
- Across the Universe have found out they are expecting baby #4!
- Our Journey to Adoption Our Journey to Adoption is having a little girl!
- Suzy got a positive pregnancy test but is now bleeding. Please sit with her as she waits to find out what is happening.
- Overeducated Mommy has been keeping a secret -- for 36 weeks! Go congratulate her and wish her good luck!
- Olivia Moonpie is coming home! Go wish Allison and Shannon congratulations.
- The Long Journey gave birth to Landon on July 20. Congratulations!
Read and Support