Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- IComLeavWe: February's IComLeavWe kicks off on Monday, the 21st. The list closes at night. Get your comment on!
- Project: It's not too early to get into the St Patrick's Day spirit! Get your green on by submitting a limerick in the 5th annual Limerick Chick Contest at WriteMindOpenHeart.com. Entries accepted through February 28.
- Project: RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association unveiled the first By My Side post this Valentine's Day. In the coming weeks, RESOLVE’s MyDestinationFamily.org will continue to share other entries, including an inspiring video, sweet pictures, sincere letters and more. Click on the link for more information on how you can participate.
- Project: Michele has started a new venture! She is currently training as a doula and childbirth educator, with her purpose to serve couples experiencing a loss or a pregnancy post loss. Visit her website for more information, www.mendingheartbellies.com, for more information.
- Project: Our Own Creation is looking for DFW area people who would be interested in joining their team for the March of Dimes March for Babies in Fort Worth on April 19th. Head over to their blog for details.
- Activism: Foxy writes, "California Assemblymember Portantino introduced the first bill (AB 428) in the nation to cover fertility preservation for those with cancer and other conditions, the treatment for which can threaten their future reproductive ability. Personal stories are needed - people willing to testify before the State Legislature and people willing to share their story with the media. If you can share your story and support this legislation, please send an email to Foxy."
- Book Tour: Kathy from Four of a Kind is hosting a book tour for A Gift of Time: Continuing Your Pregnancy When Your Baby's Life is Expected to Be Brief by Amy Kuebelbeck and Dr. Deborah L. Davis. A Gift of Time was recently published (January 2011) and was written by the authors of two successful and widely read books for parents who have lost children: Waiting for Gabriel: A Story of Cherishing a Baby’s Brief Life and Empty Cradle, Broken Heart: Surviving the Death of Your Baby. Please click over to find out more and to sign up to participate in the tour.
- Book Club: The Ladies in Waiting Book Club was founded by an IF veteran (still waiting for her miracle) through Resolve's online support group, Inspire. Book club membership is open to anyone who has struggled or is struggling with infertility. The mission of the LiWBC is to provide support, discussion, awesome reads, and friendship in a safe environment to all of its members.
- Question: Mo and Will at Life and Love in the Petri Dish are considering the new frontier of embryo donation and are hoping to hear from parents who have donor embryo children. Please click over and tell them about your experiences.
- Question: Fearlessly Infertile is nearing the end of the road for fertility treatments and is now researching adoption agencies for domestic infant adoption. If you can offer any recommendations for national adoption agencies, please email her.
- Daily Creme Update: There are currently 291 participants on the Creme de la Creme list (and 370 total currently in the queue to get on the list). The list is now closed. Make sure to check back often as new posts will go up daily.
- First Time Reading the LFCA: If this is your first time reading the LFCA or you need a refresher about how the LFCA works, please read this post. It has everything you need to know about getting your news in the LFCA.
- Quicklink Resources: Regular ALI Blogroll: If you would like your blog added to the ALI blogroll, please email me directly with your blog url and category pick. More information about being added is contained in that link. Password-Protected Blogroll: If you would like your password-protected blog added to the blogroll, please fill out the form.
- Fertility Marathon (general IF)
- I Want to be a Daddy (elusive male point-of-view)
- A Year On... (stillbirth)
- Ladies in Waiting Book Club (helpful site)
- Pieces of Me (general IF)
- My Broken Oven (unexplained IF)
- Mrs. Spock's blogoversary is Thursday, and though she has since gone password protected, you can still leave her good wishes in the comment section of the LFCA.
- Michele and her family were remembering and missing Sophia on her third birthday, Feb 16th. Please stop over and light a candle for their sweet, first daughter.
- Surely just received confirmation of her 4th miscarriage after their final attempt with IUIs. They are ready to move on to international adoption, but are stuck with the reality that RPL just sucks.
- Tara's father-in-law passed away on Thursday, losing his battle with cancer.
- After only recently losing her precious dog Sadie, Battynurse's beloved cat Luna Lulubelle has had to be put down. Please shower Battynurse with love.
- Not a Fertile Myrtle is having a giveaway each Tuesday in February with a hope theme. We all need more hope in our lives! Be sure to stop over and see what this week's item is and enter for your chance to win.
- Unaffected is reeling after her third failed IUI. Please stop by and give her some encouragement as she is trying to figure out what to do next.
- Cherbear is a bad place and could use your prayers right now. She had a BFN after IVF.
- Paige is on bedrest until her boys arrive due to preeclampsia
- Egg is at the hospital with contractions, effacement and dilation with her 30 week old twins. The doctors are trying to hold off labor as long as possible and she could use some support that they might stay put a little longer.
- Buck Up, Buttercup is pregnant after 5 years of TTC. Stop by and wish her well.
- Mr.Vitamin C is celebrating a positive beta with his Peapod.
- Hanen has has a low positive beta after her IVF cycle. Please pop over for support, and keep everything crossed!
- Keep Calm and Carry On welcomed Owen into the world on Sunday! Go wish her congratulations.
- After a challenging pregnancy, The Baby Race has given birth to a baby girl! Go and congratulate her!
- MrsLady1975 welcomed Robert on February 19th. Go wish her congratulations.
- Guera was thrilled to be present at the birth of her daughter by adoption, Ana Sofia, on February 15th. Go congratulate her, and admire the adorable photos.
Read and Support