Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Important Day: Every year, on March 9th (Wednesday), Msfitzita holds a Random Act of Kindness Day in honour of her son, Thomas, who died in 2005. Please take that day to reach out to another person and let her know what good thing you did in honour of her son.
- Giveaway: Too Many Fish To Fry writes, "I'm celebrating my one year blogoversary with a giveaway to thank the ALI community, because you have been so supportive and amazing. Prizes include a $50 Target gift card and free books ("Life From Scratch", "Waiting for Daisy", "Navigating the Land of If", and "The Early Birds"). Please stop by and enter the drawing!"
- Cyclesista: A new list is up at Cyclesista! Come over and list your blog if you are undergoing treatments this month and would like to find support from others who are cycling at the same time.
- Resolve in CA: MontereyWendy writes: "There is a new peer-led Resolve Infertility Support Group starting on the Central Coast of California. The group will meet on the 3rd Thursday of each month from 6:00pm - 7:30pm. For details or to help get the word out please email montereywendy (at) gmail (dot) com."
- Business: Chelle writes: "A fellow IF-er is starting a business. If you are in the Pueblo, CO area and need a violinist- check her out!"
- Lost Blogger: A concerned reader writes: "One Good Egg has vanished. Used to Tweet a lot, but has deleted account. No blog update since December. She should be around 17 weeks IUP. Very worried about her." If you are One Good Egg or know that she's okay, please leave an update in the comment section.
- Giveaway: Heather is doing a $50 giveaway to CSN Stores. Stop by between now and midnight on 3/7/11 for a chance to win!
- Fundraiser: Sarah and her husband are holding an online auction to help raise funds for their upcoming adoption - the baby is due April 15th! The auction runs Friday, March 11th through Monday, March 14th. There will be tons of great items to bid on: handmade jewelry, artwork, and more! Please check it out!
- March of Dimes: Allison, Shannon and Olivia Moonpie have resurrected Team On The Road for the March for Babies and they need help getting the word out so they can meet their goal of $1000 by April 19. Please stop by Our Own Creation and see how you can be a part of the Team!
- Advice: The Lucky Life is seeking help/story of somebody else who has faced the same thing as one of her close friends. Her friend had her first IVF cycle and had 3 x 19mm follies but no eggs. Any information about somebody having experienced a similar thing will be appreciated.
- Fundraiser: The Lost Stork Foundation is a new non-profit organization that will be awarding grants for couples going through infertility treatments, adoption or surrogacy. They started selling cookbooks as their first fundraiser last fall but still have many left to sell before they can start taking grant applications. Please visit Meghan Swann's blog, Swann's Pond, or visit the LSF's website at www.loststorkfoundation.org to purchase a cookbook for $10. Even if you cannot purchase a cookbook, please spread the word about this new non-profit and show your support!
- Living Child-Free After Infertility Book: the book, Sweet Grapes, by Perspectives Press is going out of print. It's still possible to get a copy from the publisher.
- For International Women's Day: "Google is collaborating with Women for Women International on the Join me on the Bridge campaign by providing exciting, interactive web-based technologies to participants. Anyone in the world can register for bridge events, check in upon arrival, and share videos afterward. Sign up today to attend or organize a bridge event near you on March 8. As we approach the 100th anniversary of International Women’s Day on March 8, we recognize there is much for women to celebrate. From increased political representation to better economic situations to increased legal protections, women have made tremendous strides."
- Daily Creme Update: There are currently 291 participants on the Creme de la Creme list (and 370 total currently in the queue to get on the list). The list is now closed. Make sure to check back often as new posts will go up daily.
- First Time Reading the LFCA: If this is your first time reading the LFCA or you need a refresher about how the LFCA works, please read this post. It has everything you need to know about getting your news in the LFCA.
- Quicklink Resources: Regular ALI Blogroll: If you would like your blog added to the ALI blogroll, please email me directly with your blog url and category pick. More information about being added is contained in that link. Password-Protected Blogroll: If you would like your password-protected blog added to the blogroll, please fill out the form.
- I Never Wanted Kids (general IF)
- Club TTC (general IF)
- A Womb with a View (family building while single)
- Blog@herblackbird.org (Living Children) (neonatal death)
- Athena is celebrating her 38th birthday. She was born on the same day and year that women all around the world celebrate International Women's Day. Go throw your bra at her!
- Mrs. Muelly was remembering Brayden on Sunday. Please give her support.
- Relaxing Doesn't Make Babies was remembering Devin on Sunday. Please give her support.
- Stephanie lost a baby in January and is grieving.
- Pix over at Cheese Curds and Kimchi got a referral for a baby boy! Please head over and offer congrats.
- After being told that infertility treatments would be 80% covered by her insurance, Mommy Cat was told today that she has an unusual policy and was given the wrong information-absolutely nothing will be covered. She is feeling upset and wondering how this will affect their plans.Virtual hugs and support would be appreciated.
- Christy over at It Takes a Village is struggling right now and could use some support. Please take a minute and stop by.
- None Today.
- Rebekah is pregnant! She is happy, so excited and so scared.
- Baby Mama and Sugar Mama welcomed Baby Boy Bean on March 1. Please go and congratulate them!
- AZN1981 welcomed her daughter on Jan. 1. She has just announced her birth on her blog. Please go and wish her a belated congratulations.
- Amy welcomed a baby boy on the day after her 35th birthday! Please stop by and welcome little Nathan!
- Paige welcomed Asher & Boston on 2/28. Both boys are in the NICU, but are doing well. Please go and wish her congratulations!
- Circus Princess welcomed her little Circus Child on 2/27. Mom and baby are both happy and healthy.
- Please join Emmy in welcoming Juliet who was born March 3rd. Baby is doing great and mom is recovering well despite some ongoing pre-e symptoms.
Read and Support