Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Project: After reading so many stories of people not knowing how to handle infertile friends, Tati, over at Connecting the Dots, is compiling a list of positive suggestions people can say to/do for an infertile, instead of the usually "what NOT to say/do." Please head over and give her your suggestions and input. This list will be put to use on her foundation's site (Chance to Hope--www.chancetohope.org)
- Project: Calling all kid artists. PFM is looking for artwork made by kid artists for our Artwork for Building Families project. We are looking to print holiday/winter cards. All net proceeds go toward the grant program. More details in post.
- Project: Mo over at Mommy Odyssey has kicked off a new tradition - Group Therapy Thursdays! It's a safe space for anyone to send in their questions and problems anonymously, and open it up for feedback and discussion. Head over to the post for more info!
- Question: Has anyone else had genetic screening come back positive for something there's no family history of? Kechara was told she is a carrier for spinal muscular atrophy and is waiting for the results on DH.
- Giveaway: Mel (Believe in Miracles) is giving away 2 boxes of digital ovulation kits to the first person who contacts her. Please email from blog or leave a comment. See blog post for details.
- First Time Reading the LFCA: If this is your first time reading the LFCA or you need a refresher about how the LFCA works, please read this post. It has everything you need to know about getting your news in the LFCA.
- Quicklink Resources: Regular ALI Blogroll: If you would like your blog added to the ALI blogroll, please email me directly with your blog url and category pick. More information about being added is contained in that link. Password-Protected Blogroll: If you would like your password-protected blog added to the blogroll, please fill out the form.
- While I Wait (secondary IF, religious)
- Close Encounters with Fertility Treatments (unexplained IF)
- Creating a Rainbow (Living Children) (pg loss)
- Kechara celebrated her first blogoversary on September 8th. Go wish her congratulations.
- Mrs. Gamgee was remembering Emily on September 11th, the girl she lost in 2008. Please give her support.
- A New Day will be remembering unfulfilled due date on Tuesday. Please give her a hug.
- None Today.
- Mothernatureschmature is grieving a recent loss and is in a lot of pain right now.
- CherBear is grieving and confused after an expectant mother changed her mind about adoption. Please share some love, support, and advice about how to move past something like this with her.
- Amanda is having a rough time and could use some extra support. Her dad is sick and her marriage is feeling fragile. She is strong, but things aren't easy right now. Let her know that she is not alone.
- None Today.
- None Today.
- Not a Visitor welcomed a new baby daughter! Salome was born August 17 and placed with them for adoption this week.
- Rach and Jon recently welcomed baby Ava into their home through adoption. Please stop by and share some big hugs and congratulations with this couple who has waited so long for their family to grow.
- Hannah at A for Adventure announces the birth of her daughter, Ruby on July 25th! A roller coaster first few weeks and now complications have occurred with Ruby's heart. They are completely terrified of the unknown ahead.
Read and Support