Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Healing Salon: Trinity at Three is a Magic Number helped construct a set of guidelines for people to follow.1) Enter the Salon with the understanding that each blogger is a unique individual with unique personal, cultural, and social identities that inform her/his perspective. Every person's experience is significant and valid.2) Comments in the Salon will encompass respect towards all three entities: a) yourself; b) the blogger/commenter with whom you might disagree; c) the ALI community at large.3) It's okay to agree to disagree.
Healing Salon Host Blogs:
- Family Building With a Twist
- Outlandish Notions
- Something Remarkable
- Baby-Making Merry-Go-Round
- MoJo Working
- Stork Stalking
- Single Infertile Female
- Les Terres Fertiles
- Coming to Terms
- Infertile Fantasies
- Remembering Funny
- Bionic Baby Mamas
- Wishing, Waiting, Hoping
- Hobbit-ish Thoughts and Ramblings
- My Path to Insanity & Beyond
- Dragondreamer's Lair
- Cyclesista: Cyclesista is having some trouble with the www.cyclesista.com domain name. Whilst we are sorting this out, please find cyclesista at: http://cyclesista.blogspot.com/. You can also email Jen (herewegoajen at gmail dot com) or Bea (infertilefantasies at gmail dot com) to get onto the list. They're hoping to get back to your regularly scheduled program soon.
- Project: The next Time Warp Tuesday (TWT) blog hop/writing exercise will be held Tuesday, March 13th. Through TWT we revisit and share some of our favorite blog entries from our archives and reflect on our journeys since we wrote them. The theme this week is Faith. For those dealing with adoption, infertility, loss and/or other unexpected challenges in life our faith (whatever that may be) can be tested. Find a blog entry in your archives where you talk about faith. You can interpret this topic however you choose. If you do not believe in God or practice an organized religion you can choose a post where you talk about how you cope with difficult, uncertain and/or painful times in your life. Then write a new post on your blog about why you chose the post that you did and what has happened in your life since. Join us for some great reading, reflection and discussion!
- Blog Down: Eggs in a Row is currently offline due to family issues and you can email her at email@example.com.
- Research: Fractured Rainbows has a post up about a study by "researchers at the University of South Carolina and are conducting an innovative study on dietary approaches for weight loss for women with PCOS." There's information on her site if you want to participate.
- Read This: Dora at My Preconceived Notion writes, "As an antidote to the horrid Facebook breast cancer memes, please check out this post about a fortuitous connection with an amazing cancer survivor."
- Blog Move: The Infertility Voice, Keiko's new website, has launched as has 5 days of giveaways this week to celebrate her new venture into providing support to the infertility community! You can check out all the giveaway goodness at her new site. In addition, Hannah Wept, Sarah Laughed has closed and moved to The Infertility Voice.
- Advice: CG needs to move onto IVF next and want information about CCRM, Conceptions and Albrecht Women's Care from fellow IFers in the Denver area.
- Tax Credit: Geochick wrote a post about the adoption tax credit and what she's learned in trying to wade through the IRS tax code language, plus some help from the North American Council on Adoptable Children and the Creating a Family blog. This is more complicated than it appears at first and hopefully the post will help out some others in filing.
- Question: Foxy writes "What are a patients rights around discharging against medical advice (AMA) following a hospital birth? My home birth plan turned into a hospital induction and delivery at a facility that has a 24 hour discharge policy. I wanted to go home after the birth, but they weren't willing to budge and told us that our insurance might not pay if we signed out AMA. We called our insurance and were told they would probably pay, but that we would have to submit the claim in order to find out. We ended up staying the full 24 hours, but it has left me feeling slightly bullied and ignorant about my rights. I am just wondering what the facts are about the implications of discharging AMA."
- First Time Reading the LFCA: If this is your first time reading the LFCA or you need a refresher about how the LFCA works, please read this post. It has everything you need to know about getting your news in the LFCA.
- Quicklink Resources: Regular ALI Blogroll: If you would like your blog added to the ALI blogroll, please email me directly with your blog url and category pick. More information about being added is contained in that link. Password-Protected Blogroll: If you would like your password-protected blog added to the blogroll, please fill out the form.
- Return to Go (PCOS)
- Three Geminis and a Sagittarius (parenting twins after IF)
- Tiny Bits of Hope (general IF)
- My In Vitro Blog (IVF)
- Life is Hard! (Living Children) (stillbirth/neonatal death)
- Christina's birthday is on Tuesday. Go sing her a little song.
- Apron Strings for Emily is celebrating her blogoversary next Saturday. Go wish her congratulations.
- K over at 'Pull up your potty seat, this could take awhile' is celebrating her 2 year blogoversary with a Benefit makeup giveaway. Stop by and enter because there will be 6 winners.
- Tigger is celebrating her 6th blogoversary on April 1st. Come over and say hello and congrats!
- None Today.
- Please go offer your love and support to A of The Journey To Babies G. She lost her twins, Aminadav and Naava, when her water broke at 20 weeks.
- None Today.
- None Today.
- None Today.
- Emily welcomed her triplets into the world on February 26th at 26 weeks! Go spend some time with her as she sits in the NICU with them.
- Congrats, Miss Ohkay! Sweet Miss E is finally in the US and in her arms!
- Go wish Port of Indecision a hearty congrats, her rainbow baby was born this week!
- Becky at Teamwinks/Are We There Yet? never announced the arrival of her baby girl! Baby arrived back on Dec 29 and mom and baby are doing fantastic. Go congratulate her!
Read and Support