Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- IComLeavWe: The March IComLeavWe list is now open.
- Project: Friday, March 9th, is Random Act of Kindness Day commemorating Certainly Not Cool Enough to Blog's son, Thomas. On that day, do a random act of kindness for another person and think about the good her son is still bringing into this world via our actions.
- Project: Elphaba has started a new sub-group called PAIL for those who are parenting or pregnant after infertility and loss. This new group is intended for those who feel a little caught between words, no longer quite fitting into the ALI blogosphere as they have 'crossed over to the other side' but not really identifying with the regular mommy blogger either. People interested in connecting with other bloggers should join the PAIL blogroll at the link provided.
- Project: Sarah writes: "Hey guys! I just wanted to invite any and all of you to come to my new message boards I created for bloggers - specifically to those of us who struggle with infertility. It doesn't matter if you have a kiddo or not - you will never forget what it feels like. This is just a place I created as a message board so people can find support, say things they couldn't normally say on their blog (because family or friends follow it), just be social, or vent. I hope it takes off. I am making NO profit from it... it just a place to chat. Come join me! It's called Bloggers and Friends. You can find it at www.bloggersandfriends.forumotion.com."
- Project: Knotted Fingers of Hiding Scars In My Yarn has started a wonderful remembrance project, The Truffula Tree, for all our little lost angels. If you have a lost baby you want to remember, stop by her blog and read about the project.
- Blog Move: Kathy from Four of Kind took a leap of faith on "Leap Day" Wednesday, February 29th after almost five years of blogging at http://chicagobensons.blogspot.com. After lots of encouragement and support from fellow ALI Bloggers, she is making the move to Self Hosted Wordpress and renaming her blog (hopefully for the last time): Bereaved and Blessed. Please visit her new space and celebrate Kathy's new blog.
- University Research Interview: Jody Madeira, a professor at Indiana University, is conducting telephone interviews with people who are about to undergo an IVF cycle or have undergone IVF in the past 5 years. The interview (app. 1 hour) is about how IVF patients experience informed consent and make treatment decisions. Participants will receive a $30 Amazon gift card, and responses will be kept anonymous and confidential in transcripts and research publications. If you are interested in participating, please e-mail Jody Madeira at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- First Time Reading the LFCA: If this is your first time reading the LFCA or you need a refresher about how the LFCA works, please read this post. It has everything you need to know about getting your news in the LFCA.
- Quicklink Resources: Regular ALI Blogroll: If you would like your blog added to the ALI blogroll, please email me directly with your blog url and category pick. More information about being added is contained in that link. Password-Protected Blogroll: If you would like your password-protected blog added to the blogroll, please fill out the form.
- Revelations of an Infertile Mom (parenting after domestic adoption)
- Follow Every Rainbow (in the beginning)
- My Life in an Etch-a-Sketch (parenting after IF)
- Bébé Suisse (pg loss)
- Seriously Not Pregnant (general IF)
- Inconceivable! (IVF)
- St. Elsewhere just posted her 600th post! Congratulations!
- Leigh will celebrate her one year blogoversary March 8th at My Hormonacoaster, her blog about her 10+ year quest of trying to conceive #2. She welcomes new and old friends to come celebrate with her! A little birdie says there might even be a contest!
- A New Day will be remembering the baby she lost on Monday. Please give her support.
- Natalie will be remembering Devin on Tuesday. Please give her support.
- Last week marked the due date of Michael and Alena, the sweet twins MissConception lost at 20 weeks. Please go remember them with her.
- Please go give Jenny a hug. She lost her 3rd baby this week and could use some love!
- Please go offer Minta your love and support. She is going through another miscarriage.
- Audrey suffered her third miscarriage on Friday at 8 weeks. She went for a regular appointment and there was no heartbeat. Please go send her some love as she prepares for another loss.
- Half Full Quiver is in the middle of 4th assisted cycle, and this will be the last cycle for a while due to funds. Praying this is it! IVF doesn't appear to be an option due to cost, and that's the next step... so this may be the end of the road.
- I. V. Effed is looking at the end of family building attempts and really struggling.
- Arwen's Linus has been hospitalized with pneumonia and they are asking for prayers.
- M at Glitter & Rainbows is trying to decide whether it is time to stop pursuing fertility treatments and focus on foster-to-adopt. She could use some support.
- E and her husband just had to make the most difficult decision ever - to say "no" to an adoption that they have waited for so long for, just two months after their previous match fell through because the birth mother changed her mind.
- After 6 years of IF and miscarriage, Jess and her husband Pete have learned that they have been matched with an expectant mother, who is due on 4/2/12. They are hoping to finally be parents through the miracle of adoption!
- None Today.
- Go give The Cornfed Feminist, Katie, a hug. She lost her grandpa within 48 hours of getting her BFP! She's smiling through her tears.
- Denise got a BFP and great betas on her 3rd IVF cycle! Go wish her congrats!
- Bum Uterus saw a heartbeat!
- Irene got her BFP after IVF#1 and almost 6 years of TTC including 6 IUIs. She is now 16 weeks pregnant. A true miracle and still hard to believe after so many years of living with unexplained infertility.
- Sunny Jenny gave birth to a healthy daughter!
- Tomorrow is Celia's scheduled c-section for their Bonus Miracle Baby! Go tell her congratulations.
Read and Support