Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- IComLeavWe: The April IComLeavWe list is open.
- Project: The Analogy Project's theme for April in honour of NIAW is infertility and loss. Please submit a post providing an analogy in regards to infertility or loss. The gathering is the first part, and the dissemination — getting the posts read — is the second part.
- Connections Needed: Kaitlin does not have a blog, but she is trying to connect with others after her losses and infertility. She writes of her son's death and situation: "He was 20 weeks gestation and weighed 9.9oz.; a perfect, healthy baby boy. I was able to keep my ovaries and we are now keeping hope alive for increasing our family by looking at surrogacy. I am currently in my third month of trying IVF. They have all been cancelled before we could even start the injections." She can be reached at email@example.com if you would like to reach out to her.
- Resolve: The Good Men project is looking for... well, a few good men. They write: "On April 2, The Good Men Project will be running a feature series about men and infertility. If you or a man you’re close to has a man’s perspective on coping with infertility, we’d like to see it." Click over for more information.
- Foundation: The Hudson Foundation, Inc was founded in January of 2012 to help give HOPE to couples struggling with infertility. As a couple that struggled to become pregnant for 4 years and endured a miscarriage we are passionate about helping couples in the same situation! Our goal is to raise money to be able to award The Mission Hope Grant to a deserving couple each year. This grant will help with infertility treatment costs, because we know they are expensive. We sell dove and hope inspired jewelry as well as other items on our website in order to raise money for the foundation.
- Post Series: JW Moxie of The Smartness is doing a brilliant and thought-provoking series of posts on the concept of emotional infertility. She's inviting others to chime in with their thoughts and experiences to try and capture the full range of emotional infertility.
- Project: Megan Joplin is actively looking for participants for her photography series, The Miscarriage Diaries. She will be in Austin, Texas April 11 - 15th. If you are interested in participating please contact Megan at firstname.lastname@example.org. More information can be found here: http://www.meganjoplin.blogspot.com/p/miscarriage-diaries.html.
- NIAW: InDueTime is working on a video for National Infertility Awareness Week. Resolve's theme this year is "Don't Ignore Infertility." She's looking for people who have infertility to submit their photos holding a sign. Please visit her blog for more information.
- First Time Reading the LFCA: If this is your first time reading the LFCA or you need a refresher about how the LFCA works, please read this post. It has everything you need to know about getting your news in the LFCA.
- Quicklink Resources: Regular ALI Blogroll: If you would like your blog added to the ALI blogroll, please email me directly with your blog url and category pick. More information about being added is contained in that link. Password-Protected Blogroll: If you would like your password-protected blog added to the blogroll, please fill out the form.
- The Infertile Optimist (endo)
- The Bickerstaff Blog (pg loss)
- PCOS - Pretty Certain my Ovaries Suck (PCOS)
- Crossingtheacheron (pg loss)
- Daysofserenity (IVF)
- OperationBaby2012 (GLBT)
- Kick Ass. Make Babies (GLBT)
- Sunday is Everyday Stranger's birthday. Go sing her a little song.
- Long Distance Infertility is celebrating her birthday on Monday. Go have a slice of cake with her.
- Alana-isms is celebrating her birthday next Friday. Go sing her a little song.
- None Today.
- None Today.
- Mattie and her husband had the joy of bringing a child home from the hospital turn to loss again as the birthmother decided to parent. This is their third loss in less than three years (two stillbirths before this) and now they could really use some love and encouragement.
- Deanna just learned at her 12 week appointment that one of the twins has Omphalocele. The bottom line, this is a VERY severe defect. There is severe swelling around his head caused by the trauma his tiny body is suffering. It is life threatening to him and to the other twin. Please go give her some support and love as they have to make some import decisions during this scary and difficult time.
- Be Still and Know had her IVF cycle cancelled due to poor response. She also lost her job. She could use a hug.
- None Today.
- Heather found out that she is pregnant with her rainbow baby in early March. She is currently just over 6 weeks and things are looking good so far, but they are obviously anxious. Continued thoughts and prayers are appreciated.
- Leigh got a BFP on her second IVF. She's been trying since 2001!
- Go give a hearty congrats to Courtney at Bodega Bliss. She got a BFP!
- Bloggin' Mama is pregnant again after IVF despite high FSH and low AMH. Go wish her congratulations.
- Cats with Passports gave birth to her twins. Nicholas passed away that day. Eleanor is doing well.
- Tam gave birth to a beautiful daughter.
- Baby Rambler arrived safely in the world. Congratulations!
Read and Support