Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Study: Drs. Kathryn Flynn and Alexandra Cooper, both at Duke University, are conducting a survey of individuals and couples who are currently dealing with challenges in growing their families. The survey typically takes about 30 minutes to complete and collects information about how people get advice and support and how they make decisions as they consider and pursue infertility treatment and/or adoption. Responses can be anonymous and all responses will be kept confidential in transcripts and research publications. If you are interested in participating, please visit http://www.tinyurl.com/growing-your-family to access the questionnaire directly, or email Alexandra at cooper [at] duke [dot] edu.
- First Time Reading the LFCA: If this is your first time reading the LFCA or you need a refresher about how the LFCA works, please read this post. It has everything you need to know about getting your news in the LFCA.
- Quicklink Resources: Regular ALI Blogroll: If you would like your blog added to the ALI blogroll, please email me directly with your blog url and category pick. More information about being added is contained in that link. Password-Protected Blogroll: If you would like your password-protected blog added to the blogroll, please fill out the form.
- New blogs added this week, but none under two months old...
- Reproductive Jeans is celebrating her birthday on Friday. She's been having a hard time and could use some extra birthday wishes.
- The Shifty Shadow will be remembering Maya on her birthday, May 16th. Please give her support.
- Next Saturday is Joshua and Jacob's unfulfilled due date. Please give So Dear and Yet So Far support.
- Jen from "Maybe if You Just Relax" lost her little girl, Ainsley, yesterday. Ainsley's twin sister, Evelyn, was born still in December of 2010. Ainsley was born very tiny and never left the hospital, but warmed the hearts of thousands as we got to know her through her mama's blog. Please send Jen and her family your love, thoughts, and prayers.
- The amazing JJ was just recovering from having a pre-cancerous mass removed when she received news that she has stage 2 melanoma. She just had surgery this week and could use all the love and support we can give.
- Mothernatureschmature has been fostering a baby girl, and would love to adopt her.
- Kate, at InfertileFirstmom, wants to wish all fellow Birthmothers a very Happy Birthmother's Day! You are honored and celebrated for the life you created, the gift you gave, and the sacrifice you made.
- None Today.
- ErnieGirl had a great scan at 6w1d but also had some bleeding which is worrying her.
- I.V.Effed did an FET in April, and now has beta numbers that are doubling, but low. At 5w6d the u/s showed a yolk sac but they couldn't see the fetal pole. Follow-up u/s is scheduled. Keep everything crossed for her!
- Mrs. T of Toddlers and Test Tubes got a BFP!
- Please take a moment to congratulate Mrs. Gamgee and her beloved on the birth of their son.
Read and Support