Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- LFCA Anniversary: It's the anniversary of the little Lost and Found. (I believe six years?) Happy anniversary, Lost and Found.
- Video: Our Misconception writes, "When you think MTV do you think infertilty? Who would have thought they would take a step in the direction of helping spread awareness. Sunday, July 28th "I'm Desperate to Have a Baby" will air. Although not the most flattering title, I suppose it is it fairly accurate. Because, in the world of IF you are desperate to have a family. It will follow two real life couples on their journey through infertilty and their quest for a baby. Please tune in and follow our story as we share our infertility journey."
- Book: Creating A Family writes, "What does a sailing adventure have to do with Creating A Family or LFCA, for that matter? Everything. When faced with an infertility-induced life crisis, Kelly and Paul hop on a sailboat to sail around the world; they had never sailed before. Crossing the Pacific, their desire to have a family doesn't fade, despite the constant distractions of life at sea (sharks, pirates, gales) so they undergo three rounds of IVF in New Zealand. When those attempts fail, they set sail - and unexpectedly adopt their daughter on a remote Pacific island. Read Dawn's review of this true journey to parenthood on her Creating A Family blog."
- Project: Bereaved and Blessed writes, "Are you doing the Time Warp this month? Through Time Warp Tuesday we revisit and share some of our favorite blog entries from our archives or another blogger's and reflect on our journeys since we wrote or read them. The theme for August is Peace. How do we cultivate peace in the midst of chaos brought on by infertility, loss, illness or other unexpected circumstances? After a whirlwind summer season for many, and as some of us (and/or our families) prepare to begin another school year in the coming weeks, let’s take time out to reflect on what brings peace to our lives. Choose a post from your archives OR another blogger’s in which you or they wrote about peace. It might be a post about what peace means to you (or another blogger). It could also be a blog entry about how you or they find peace in day-to-day life. Then write a new post on your blog about why you chose the post that you did and what has happened in your life since it was written. Join us for some great reading, reflection and discussion. Linky opens at 12:00 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, August 13th."
- Community Forum: Silent Sorority writes, "Community Forum: The Cycle: Living a Taboo is an unprecedented, public non-profit forum designed to honor and explore the hidden ramifications of infertility, assisted reproductive technologies and childlessness on individuals and society. The Cycle aims to ensure that future generations of women and men confronting infertility will have the benefit of improved social and emotional supports, and greater access to transparent, accurate information about fertility treatments, outcomes, risks and costs. The forum, part of a documentary effort, will take place Friday, Sept. 27, 2013 at 8:00 pm in NYC. Stay tuned for registration, venue info and presenter details. We also need your help to underwrite this non-profit initiative. Please support our mission by donating (anonymously or with your name) at FirstGiving http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/thecyclelivingataboo/wmm or contact Pamela (ptsigdinos (@) yahoo dot com) for supporter/sponsor opportunities. We also welcome your help promoting via social media and ALI blog promotion"
- First Time Reading the LFCA: If this is your first time reading the LFCA or you need a refresher about how the LFCA works, please read this post. It has everything you need to know about getting your news in the LFCA.
- Quicklink Resources: Regular ALI Blogroll: If you would like your blog added to the ALI blogroll, please email me directly with your blog url and category pick. More information about being added is contained in that link. Password-Protected Blogroll: If you would like your password-protected blog added to the blogroll, please fill out the form.
- Faire Faire (general IF)
- Our Misconception (general IF)
- IVF Abroad - Our IVF Journey (IVF)
- Please Baby, Please (secondary IF)
- Walking with Him Through Infertility (religious/spiritual)
- Here We Go Again is celebrating her anniversary today. Go wish them congratulations.
- A New Day is celebrating her birthday next Thursday. Go sing her a little song.
- Sweet Dreams are Made of This is celebrating her birthday on August 12th. Go have a slice of cake with her.
- We missed BattleFish / JustHeather's birthday on July 28th. Please still swing by and wish her happy birthday. I
- Baby On Mind turned 40 on August 8th. To celebrate her birthday, she is having a birthday giveaway! Stop by to wish her a happy birthday, enter the giveaway, and send her some love for turning 40!
- None Today.
- Queen Mom had an early miscarriage. Please give her support.
- After the devastating loss of her baby girl at 16 weeks, missingmybabies has just found out that she is not able to carry future pregnancies due to Asherman's syndrome. An RPL survivor and IVF veteran, she is understandably devastated by this news and could use lots of love and support in the days/weeks to come.
- Sesame Sized Dreams is separating from her partner. Please give support.
- None Today.
- Sam is pregnant! The baby is due in January 2014, and this miracle has happened after a miscarriage earlier this year. Keep her in your prayers.
- Malia of Adoption Homestead gave birth to a beautiful baby girl on July 29th through the miracle of embryo adoption. Stop by and congratulate her!
Read and Support