Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thursday's Connections Abound

Welcome to today's edition of Connections Abound. The point to Lost and Found is to level the support playing field. When LFCA works correctly, the newest blogger with the smallest readership can receive the same level of support as the oldest blogger with the largest readership. Anyone can submit news to LFCA by clicking here.

Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.

Connections Abound

MISCELLANEOUS NEWS
New
  • Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from Manda at I Think I Hear Your Mother Calling. It is about setting up her house on the eve of becoming a foster parent. And this is the line that is going to drag you over to read the whole thing: "the emptiness of my womb is like a third person in the room." Eternal caveat and reason: I swear I'm not trying to take over Kirtsy, but we're 7.4 million people in America alone (which is 12.5% of the child-bearing age population). I'd like to get some of our stuff out there. And I like Kirtsy. It's my new time-user.
  • A Note to Everyone From Mary: "What are the right words to say to let a group of people you have never met know that you will be forever grateful to them? How do you let them know that their kindness has touched your broken heart and helped it start to heal? That your dear darling husband feels like some of his faith in human kindness has been restored after it seemed like God Himself was conspiring against us? Thank you just doesn’t seem like enough. But, I don’t have the right words to express the depth of my feelings. I am not a blogger, I am not an eloquent writer. I am just a humble infertile woman who was brought to tears by the wonderful act of kindness bestowed on her. And my life will be forever changed because of your kindness. Thank you doesn’t seem like enough, but it is all I have and it is heartfelt. With love,~Mary"
  • Question: PerchancetoDream asks, "My very ambitious RE has me taking FIVE vials of Repronex TWICE a day (yes, 10 vials a day). I know that this level is high and this is my first Repronex cycle. I want to know if anyone else has ever been on a dose this high and what their experience was."
Old
  • Invite Only: Samantha is switching to a new blog and will be making her other blog private. She will be posting on both blogs, so if you would still like to follow her, please email her at twizz161@yahoo.com or check out her new blog (A Dream Come True).
  • Still playing with Kirtsy: how about voting for this one from Helping Make Sense?
  • The new IComLeavWe list opened and there is a way to do it even with Thanksgiving. Come join along and increase the comments on your blog.
  • Harriet the Spy is the current book club selection and everyone is invited to join along.
  • Bridges continues to post daily. And it continues to be an amazing resource for insight into a multitude of worlds. And I'm not just saying that because I work on it.
  • If you notice another loading slow down or receive error messages for Stirrup Queens or Lost and Found, please let me know. Now I'm nervous every time I add anything to the side bar!
NEW BLOGS (started in October or November 2008)
BIRTHDAYS AND ANNIVERSARIES (celebrate your birthday or blogoversary with the community. Send me date at any point and I'll post them on the correct day)
  • Happy first blogoversary to Christina from My Life!
LOSS REMEMBRANCES (send in the dates of loss anniversaries and I will post them on the correct day)
  • NoSwimmers' ticker for her girls is empty now that it's past her unfulfilled due date. She needs extra support today.
LOSS ANNOUNCEMENTS
  • Jill at musicmakermomma just received bad news on her second beta (first DE IVF), the pregnancy is not viable. Please give her support.
  • My Journey to Mommyhood's grandfather passed away yesterday. Please keep her in your thoughts.
MISCELLANEOUS SUPPORT AND CELEBRATIONS (scary scans, anxious waits, OHSS, and a host of other reasons why these bloggers could use some additional support right now. Also, celebratory retrievals, transfers, and other good news)
  • Baby Smiling in Back Seat has her hystereoscopy tomorrow. Go over and wish her well.
  • Tammy's Journey receives the results from her genetic testing on Monday. Go give her good thoughts.
  • Manda is celebrating her 200th post!
  • Patiently Waitin is getting married in 9 days!
  • Go congratulate Polka Dot on her job offer.
  • Sprogblogger is getting close to her ER, but is frustrated by her doctor and the process. She could use a hug.
  • Courtney has been assigned to a group for court and is waiting on date. They still have to pass to travel and could use people to wait with them.
  • Leslie's estrodial is really low and they're doing one more U/S before changing from an IVF to an IUI cycle. She could use a hug.
BEDREST BABES: on bedrest following infertility or loss and needing support. Drop in on them and keep them company.
  • CC at Inconceivable No More got a fetal fibronectin test and so is on modified bedrest for at least the next two week. Go keep her company.
  • Denise is on bedrest at home.
PREGNANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS AND NEWS
  • Fertility Now is hopeful and scared with betas that are now doubling. Please give support and congratulations.
  • Thalia has her scan tomorrow. Go over and give her good thoughts.
  • AK_Sapphire is finally pregnant after three years!
  • Faith got a positive beta!
  • Anne has rising betas and a positive pee stick in her purse... that means she is pregnant!
  • Charlotte had a positive beta of 582. Please send congratulations and good thoughts her way as she waits for the results of her second beta.
BIRTH AND ADOPTION ANNOUNCEMENTS
Read and Support

3 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

Mary, it was truly a pleasure to be able to help someone as nice as you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Mel. That really means a lot. Really really.

Mary - Don't ever EVER say you aren't an eloquent writer after that incredibly moving note of thanks. It made me teary eyed. You are an excellent writer!

Faith said...

Thanks, Mel. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I'm afraid I'm going to be in another of your columns next week, sigh. We'll get through it. Thanks again for the great work you're doing here.