Welcome to today's edition of Connections Abound. The Lost and Found page is permanently located beneath this current post. Old Connections Abound can be accessed via the date or subject archives listed on the sidebar. Check the submissions page, FAQ, and ways to get involved for additional information. Email me at email@example.com with any questions/concerns.
Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- We did it! 109 in the Creme de la Creme. Which doesn't mean that you should stop sending links. Keeping sending links--I'm just excited that we met the goal. And we have 109 blogs represented. But keep sending links. First of all, the list is never closed. Second of all, the due date isn't even until December 23rd (the due date is just if you want to ensure that you will be listed when the list goes up vs. a day or two after the list goes up).
- Our little Bea has been nominated for an award! Go can vote until December 27th. It's a general contest choosing the best in women's writing/art, so this is a chance to get IF on the minds of the outside world. Voting is easy--yes, you have to register, but it takes two seconds. Go here to read more and see how you can vote. Since your vote is not just a vote for Bea, but a vote for a fellow stirrup queen trying to get information about infertility out to the world.
- Bea (who brought you the absolutely fantastic IVF Shoot 'em Up) is now pulling together another web resource. Snacking For Two is a low GI/diabetic-friendly snack recipe compendium for those with insulin resistance, gestational diabetes, or other blood sugar issues who are pregnant or trying. Call for contributions.
- It has started--the celebration of us--the Creme de la Creme of the Infertility/Pregnancy Loss/Adoption blogosphere. Click on over to see the details and then add your link to the list.
- What? You need a gift for the holidays? Why not support your fellow stirrup queens and buy from Shop Mom or Pop? Shop thoughtfully this season and send on the link to anyone who wants to support the community by making their holiday shopping also make treatments or adoption possible.
- If you notice another loading slow down or receive error messages for Stirrup Queens or Lost and Found, please let me know. Now I'm nervous every time I add anything to the side bar!
- Welcome (uterine anomalies, IUI)
- Jen's birthday is today. Go over and sing her a little song.
- PerchancetoDream lost the heartbeat at 10 weeks after seeing it three times. The D & C will probably be next week. Please go over and give her a lot of support.
- 32 eggs for Luna at retrieval and 20 fertilized! Provided there is no OHSS, transfer is set for Saturday. Go wish her good luck.
- I Think We Made a Nugget is still on bedrest at the hospital. Go over and keep her company because as long as she doesn't get a roommate, she had Internet access.
- It's Either Sadness or Euphoria received a low-ish beta: 17. She is now in a wait-and-see place. Please go over and give her support.
- Chicklet had a negative on her first IVF cycle. Please go over and give her support.
- UPDATED L & F: AMS at Our Own Creation had a pPROM and is currently in the hospital on bedrest. She is 22 weeks right now. Please go flood her comments box with love. She is terrified.
- None Today.
- It's not an if anymore...it's a when! Journeywoman is out of review. She will probably be adopting from China in 2010. Go over and wish them congratulations.