Welcome to today's edition of Connections Abound. The Face-to-Face Lost and Found page is permanently located beneath this current post. Old Connections Abound can be accessed via the date or subject archives listed on the sidebar. Check the submissions page, FAQ, and ways to get involved for additional information. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions/concerns.
Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- I get to run a salon over at the MotherTalk book club! Come over and register and play. The topic I'm heading is at the bottom of the page--writing and motherhood (and if you notice, motherhood is defined as being a mother or desiring motherhood). This topic means a lot to me right now since the topic of balance is particularly on my mind. The topics range from freelance and book writing to blogs. And feel free to start you own threads. You need to register in order to be able to post. The free sign up is under the quick links list in the top left corner of the site. I'm really excited to talk about writing so...um...come over and join the conversation.
- Adding many more people to the Virtual Playdate list today or tomorrow.
- A blog reader is looking for someone to talk to about her Letrozole cycle. Her current diagnosis is PCOS and she is completely anovulatory. Letrozole isn't on the peer counselor list so I thought I'd throw this out there in case anyone can help her. You can email me and I'll forward the note along to her.
- The first meeting of the Colorado Bloggers will take place on Saturday morning, February 16, in the Park Meadows area. If you live in the area or will be nearby that day, contact Lori from Weebles Wobblog for more details. (No Red Sox Nation passport holders allowed. Well, not fanatical ones, anyway).
- Rebecca writes: "A friend in need of all the prayers we wonderful women (and men) can give them: A dear friend of mine had her baby boy on January 21st, at 25w4d gestation. She had been hospitalized due to severe pre-eclampsia and her liver was beginning to fail. The baby is holding on...13 oz at birth, but is hanging in there, and has actually surprised everyone by fighting longer than they expected him to. It will be a long road for this family, and they can use all the prayers and support we can give them."
- From Geohde at Mission: Impossible: "I'm stuck completely sans all reliable Internet and am resorting to borrowing computers at work when I can (which is not very often, sadly). I miss hearing about everyone terribly and would absolutely heart emails or comments on my blog telling me what all and sundry are up to. I *really* miss everyone and am doing my best to get some reliable net access one I slash some serious red tape! As for me, A + B still appear to be partying it up in there, hubby and I borrowed an ultrasound machine at work and we got to see them both wobble about." Go over and tell her hello and what is happening in your world so she can access it all in one place.
- Fantastic donor egg resource: Worrier/Warrior compiled this fantastic list of egg donor agencies that she gathered while doing research for herself. She has posted it to her blog along with the number of donors listed with each agency and some specific numbers on harder to find, non-Caucasian egg donors. She is also hoping that others who have utilized DE/IVF can contribute their thoughts and experiences too.
- If you notice another loading slow down or receive error messages for Stirrup Queens or Lost and Found, please let me know. Now I'm nervous every time I add anything to the side bar!
- Oh, Baby, Where Art Thou? (RPL, fibroids, clotting disorder, recurrent miscarriage, Hashimoto's hypothyroidism, AMA, a bicornuate/arcuate uterus)
- Little Pieces of My Life (PCOS)
- The Path to Motherhood (recurrent ectopic pregnancies)
- None Today.
- Zengirl's beta dropped. Please go over and give her support.
- Fertile yet Infertile just had her transfer of 2 great embryos. Go over and wish her good luck.
- Rally the troops...literally. In Search of Morning Sickness husband just left for a 70 day deployment. She needs some company to keep her spirits up.
- Great sonogram for Amanda at Reproductively Speaking...
- Little Miss Turtle was born on January 17th to the Infertile Mad Woman. Go over and wish her congratulations.