Welcome to today's edition of Connections Abound. The Face-to-Face Lost and Found page is permanently located beneath this current post. Old Connections Abound can be accessed via the date or subject archives listed on the sidebar. Check the submissions page, FAQ, and ways to get involved for additional information. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions/concerns.
Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Calliope at Creating Motherhood has a really moving Day of Loss Commemoration planned right now for February 29th: "There has been a lot of loss recently. And before that. And before that. And before that. So many of us have either had a loss of pregnancy or known someone that did. With each announcement of a loss, and maybe this is just me, but each post of loss brings me right back to my loss. My unpregnant moments. And then the moments of friends. It is a circle of sadness. One of the shitty things about loss, especially this kind (& please forgive me the word “loss”. I know many of you hate that word, but for lack of a better one at the moment I am using it) is that there are so many dates to smack you upside the face. There are the dates of trimesters not reached or estimated due dates not achieved…almost birthdays, almost first days of school. All of those damn almosts. This year there is a date on our calendar that only shows up every four years. This year I propose that we take a small moment of this “extra” day and commemorate our losses. On February 29th post whatever feels right to you to honor your grief. You can simply post a photograph, or a poem, a post with no words…whatever helps you through. If you have not known loss first hand you can post in friendship for those that have." Please go over and read the full post and see how you can participate.
- Katie M asked a good question in the comments yesterday: "does anyone know what happened to Brianna at This Golden Egg?" If you know (or are Brianna), head over to her blog and let her know.
- A fellow blogger is telling their story in a series of articles for the Vancouver Sun. Not only is it getting information out there on surrogacy, but I'd like to support them since they're one of our own.
- The first meeting of the Colorado Bloggers will take place on Saturday morning, February 16, in the Park Meadows area. If you live in the area or will be nearby that day, contact Lori from Weebles Wobblog for more details. (No Red Sox Nation passport holders allowed. Well, not fanatical ones, anyway).
- Fantastic donor egg resource: Worrier/Warrior compiled this fantastic list of egg donor agencies that she gathered while doing research for herself. She has posted it to her blog along with the number of donors listed with each agency and some specific numbers on harder to find, non-Caucasian egg donors. She is also hoping that others who have utilized DE/IVF can contribute their thoughts and experiences too.
- If you notice another loading slow down or receive error messages for Stirrup Queens or Lost and Found, please let me know. Now I'm nervous every time I add anything to the side bar!
BIRTHDAYS AND ANNIVERSARIES: Celebrate your birthday or blogoversary with the community. Send me dates for January/February right now and I'll post them on the correct day.
- None Today.
- None Today.
- Msfitzita at Certainly Not Cool Enough To Blog has been having some heart palpitations. She is currently hooked up to a monitor. Please go over and give her some support and a kind word.
- None Today.