Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Wednesday's Connections Abound

Welcome to today's edition of Connections Abound. The Face-to-Face Lost and Found page is permanently located beneath this current post. Old Connections Abound can be accessed via the date or subject archives listed on the sidebar. Check the submissions page, FAQ, and ways to get involved for additional information. Email me at thetowncriers@gmail.com with any questions/concerns.

Lost and Found is open to anyone in the
infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.


Connections Abound


MISCELLANEOUS NEWS
New
  • I created a new category on the blogroll for password protected blogs. If you scan down the sidebar on Lost and Found, you will see the new category. This is the only way I can have password protected blogs on bloglines. If you are open to having new readers and would like to be listed, send me the relevant information (provide all the information--blog name, url, contact info) to add to the listing. It will be added to the blogroll link post the next time it updates.
Old
  • The new Lost and Found list is up (scroll down or click here). The point is to help people meet face-to-face and get that additional level of support. If you don't see one in your area and wish to start one, send me the info listed in the directions.
  • The L & F has sort of grown and grown and grown, which is great (obviously) but in order to put it together in a reasonable amount of time, I have to forgo writing back an email when people send me info. Which makes me feel like a huge bitch. So, this is my very public apology for not sending back a thank you note and acknowledging when I get an email before putting in information.
  • If you notice another loading slow down or receive error messages for Stirrup Queens or Lost and Found, please let me know. Now I'm nervous every time I add anything to the side bar!
NEW BLOGS (started in December 2007 or January 2008)
BIRTHDAYS AND ANNIVERSARIES: Celebrate your birthday or blogoversary with the community. Send me dates for January/February right now and I'll post them on the correct day.
  • We missed Babybound's birthday yesterday. Swing by and sing her a happy birthday song because she had a really crappy day.
LOSS ANNOUNCEMENTS
MISCELLANEOUS SUPPORT AND CELEBRATIONS: Scary scans, anxious waits, OHSS, and a host of other reasons why these bloggers could use some additional support right now. Also, celebrations!
  • None Today.
BEDREST BABES: on bedrest following infertility or loss and needing support. Drop in on them and keep them company.
PREGNANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS
  • None Today.
BIRTH AND ADOPTION ANNOUNCEMENTS
  • None Today.

3 comments:

Io said...

Mel, don't feel like a bitch! You are busy putting together the most amazing IF resources. You are the freaking mothership. I know I was just happy that you let me contribute!

bleu said...

I had my FET today. All three made the thaw, now is the wait.

Ms Heathen said...

I've just found out that my first cycle of IVF/ICSI is probably going to be cancelled owing to my poor response to the stims.

I would be so grateful for any support or advice that others may be able to offer.

Once again, many thanks for all you do in fostering these links and building a sense of community.