Welcome to today's edition of Connections Abound. The Face-to-Face Lost and Found page is permanently located beneath this current post. Old Connections Abound can be accessed via the date or subject archives listed on the sidebar. Check the submissions page, FAQ, and ways to get involved for additional information. Email me at email@example.com with any questions/concerns.
Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Malloryn from Quest for a Lifetime has information of her blog about new legislation that affects Pennsylvania: "Legislation has been proposed that would extend insurance coverage for infertility treatments to PA residents. Infertility Insurance Coverage for Pennsylvania Residents: Take Action Now http://www.resolve.org/site/R
?i=sPDT2vV1tdAYiDGeQhiHSQ.Dear Pennsylvania Resident, Pennsylvania State Representative Josh Shapiro has introduced a bill, an amendment to House Bill 2026, to require Pennsylvania health insurance policies to provide coverage for the treatment of
infertility. This is a chance for Pennsylvania to join the pro-family trend, as more and more states are now passing laws for the coverage of infertility. We need your voice! Please call and e-mail the Insurance Committee members and ask them to support Rep. Shapiro's Amendment to House Bill 2026. It is expected to go before the Committee on February 12. If you are a constituent of one of the Committee members, it is especially important that you make sure that he or she knows. Click here to access RESOLVE's online Advocacy Alert system and send a letter to the Senators listed below immediately! http://www.resolve.org/site/R
- My VCR is set to tape Oprah today. We'll see how that one goes...
- Julie is interested in finding blogs from other SPALS alumni from the years 1999
through 2005 - women who were instrumental in her own healing and recovery
from multiple losses, offered invaluable support through subsequent pgs and
hold a special place in her heart. She would like to link their blogs to hers or
at the very least hear how they are doing. Contact her through her blog.
- Catherine at Everything Is Under Control has a post about the MOM project. This organization provides commemorative birth certificates as well as recognition of life certificates and bracelets to families that have suffered loss. They run solely on volunteers and donations...and they need our help to continue to reach out to grieving families.
- JJ at Reproductive Jeans is rallying the troops in and around North Carolina! See her blog for details on how to to meet up with bloggers/lurkers/anyone who wants to join a support group in that area.
- If you notice another loading slow down or receive error messages for Stirrup Queens or Lost and Found, please let me know. Now I'm nervous every time I add anything to the side bar!
- Cupcakes and Conundrums (domestic adoption)--old blogger with a new blog
- Scarred Bellybutton has moved. This links to the new url.
- Today is Pamela Jeanne's first blogoversary! Go over and wish her congratulations on a full year of writing.
- JJ's first blogoversary is this Saturday. Head over to wish her congratulations. While you're there, if you live near North Carolina, join the new group she started!
- None Today.
- Infertile...Who Me? is stimming right now and could use some company. Please go over and just say hello and introduce yourself.
- Maria received a negative today for her IVF cycle. Please go over and give her some love.
- Tash could use some support right now. Her daughter's birthday day and death day are coming up next week. She was born on February 12th and died on February 18th. There are no good words during this time, but offer her your eyes this upcoming week and read what she needs to get out and let her know that you're there and listening.
- None Today.
- None Today.