Welcome to today's edition of Connections Abound. The Face-to-Face Lost and Found page is permanently located beneath this current post. Old Connections Abound can be accessed via the date or subject archives listed on the sidebar. Check the submissions page, FAQ, and ways to get involved for additional information. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions/concerns.
Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Lori has some really interesting blogging questions up right now. Go over and answer them and see what other people are saying too.
- It seems as if the new trend of journalists is to post what they're looking for online and hope the subjects come to them. Sarah Ewing out of the UK is looking for two interview groups: one where mothers helped theirdaughters become a parent and one where she is looking for those who are trying after cancer as well as those with clotting disorders and RPL. I don't actually know Sarah's work, but some quick googling yielded this, this, and this. Maybe I'm over-wary of journalists, but it always pays to do some research on the writer before you agree to be interviewed. So I present the opportunity, but the research is up to you...
- Dramalish is organizing a response as to the scope of the recent Oprah episode on DI. "If you are a mother or father of donor-conceived children, please write to Oprah. She has a link on her website where you can write your email right there. I particularly beg of hetero couples suffering from IF- please write Oprah and tell her your story [this group was not represented in the DI episode]. I believe it's vital that this overlooked faction of donor sperm users get their stories heard."
- If you notice another loading slow down or receive error messages for Stirrup Queens or Lost and Found, please let me know. Now I'm nervous every time I add anything to the side bar!
- Sticky Feet--Part Deux (parenting after IF)--new space for an old blogger. Her other blog has gone invite-only. If you're a long time reader, you can write her and ask her for an invite.
- Maybe This Time? (balanced translocation, IVF, secondary IF)
- My New Reality (IVF, adoption)-- the new home of Disenchanted with the Reality that is My Life
- Baby Blues (IUI w/injectibles)
- Barely Pregnant (RPL, secondary IF)
- Overachievers Seek Baby (parenting after IF)--new space for an old blogger.
- RenovationGirl (primary followed by secondary IF)
- Samantha's first blogoversary was Sunday. Go wish her congratulations!
- Ten Times Crazier's birthday is Wednesday. Go over early and sing her a little song because it also coincides with 14 dpo as well as the anniversary of a pregnancy loss.
- It's Shelli's 13th anniversary today. Go over and wish her congratulations.
- None Today.
- Erin at Just Off Magazine could use some support--and not just because it's post Mardi Gras. She just got a BFN to her second IVF attempt. Please go over and shower her with love. She could really really use some support.
- Sarah is gearing up for her FET this week on Tuesday. Monday the lone embryo will be thawing. She is concerned since there is only one going through the thaw about the possibility of it not working. So go over and wish her luck today.
- Calliope was still feeling pregnant after her loss. Now, weeks later, she took a pregnancy test and it's still positive. She is seeking advice as she has another beta drawn.
- JP is going through a rough patch. She has a positive, but she's also bleeding. Please go over and give her support as she waits to see if her beta doubles.
- Project Baby has been diagnosed with a subchorionic hemorrhage in her 12th week of pregnancy. The bleed will most likely resolve itself and the baby is fine. Go over and give her support.
- Rebecca is going through a really shitty time with insurance throwing off the start to this cycle. She may need to sit out another month as she waits for insurance approval and she's really frustrated. She could use some kind words.
- Denise over at Freezer Buns just got a negative beta on her FET#1. She definitely could use a hug.
- Superovum's transfer is on Wednesday. Go wish her good luck.
- Simone is here! Alexa gave birth to Simone and Ames on February 8th. They are spending time with Ames right now to say goodbye. Simone is 1 pound 11 ounces of lady-like strength. Go over and wish them congratulations and give them support during their NICU stay.
- Bumble (who is password protected) had her baby in early February. Sorry for the lack of details--wanted to leave an update for people who missed her without compromising the fact that she is password protected.