Welcome to today's edition of Connections Abound. The Face-to-Face Lost and Found page is permanently located beneath this current post. Old Connections Abound can be accessed via the date or subject archives listed on the sidebar. Check the submissions page, FAQ, and ways to get involved for additional information. Email me at email@example.com with any questions/concerns.
Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Here's a little trick to searching the site that I will add to the lead-in for every post. If you want to see if your news was announced a while ago or find an old post where you're listed, go to a google search bar and cut-and-paste these words, replacing the "searchwordhere" with your term (check under your blog's name as well as however your name is listed on your blog) :
- By the way, that trick works with every site if you're ever trying to find an old post from someone.
- Michell is looking for some information about hormone levels and meds in regards to IVF. Could you head over there and answer her questions, pretty-please?
- AMS has set up a fund for anyone who was looking for something active to do in terms of supporting Lennox and Zoe. "We've set up a memorial fund for Lennox and Zoë to raise money for neonatal research at Cook Children's Hospital. I've put all of the information on http://sweetzoe.bastetweb.com. I don't want anyone to feel like they HAVE to donate, but several people have asked if there was something they could do and this would mean a lot to us. "
- Lori has some really interesting blogging questions up right now. Go over and answer them and see what other people are saying too.
- Dramalish is organizing a response as to the scope of the recent Oprah episode on DI. "If you are a mother or father of donor-conceived children, please write to Oprah. She has a link on her website where you can write your email right there. I particularly beg of hetero couples suffering from IF- please write Oprah and tell her your story [this group was not represented in the DI episode]. I believe it's vital that this overlooked faction of donor sperm users get their stories heard."
- If you notice another loading slow down or receive error messages for Stirrup Queens or Lost and Found, please let me know. Now I'm nervous every time I add anything to the side bar!
- The Impatient Patient (endo, IVF)
- Ten Times Crazier's birthday is Wednesday. Go over early and sing her a little song because it also coincides with 14 dpo as well as the anniversary of a pregnancy loss.
- None Today.
- Sweetest Vee and Max (who I first knew as Dynamo Dad) received terrible news this week. Max was diagnosed with testicular cancer that has spread to his liver. Please go over and give them good thoughts and support. If you are not a regular reader of Vee, you should be, and you have probably seen their films in the IIFF.
- Sarah's embryo survived the thaw! She had her transfer today. Go over and wish her congratulations as well as good luck for the wait.
- More than doubling betas for BigP and Me!
- Emily at Belly Laughs & Crocodile Tears adopted a boy named Asher. He is 9 days old and came home yesterday. Go wish them congratulations.