Welcome to today's edition of Connections Abound. The Face-to-Face Lost and Found page is permanently located beneath this current post. Old Connections Abound can be accessed via the date or subject archives listed on the sidebar. Check the submissions page, FAQ, and ways to get involved for additional information. Email me at email@example.com with any questions/concerns.
Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Joanne (the owner) sent this and another blogger has vouched that it's a good site. "Hello...I want to invite you (and your readers) to the adoption forums at Forever Parents. Forever Parents was created in 2002, first on the the msn boards and then ezboard. We just recently relaunched with our new forums at http://forums.foreverparents
.com.Our community exists to support adoptive and waiting families in a private, friendly setting. For more information, our blog is located at http://foreverparents.blogspot .com/Thank you...see you there!"
- Daisy has a question and needs help: "So I ask you...do you know anyone who has shipped donor embryos or their own embryos outside of the US to be transferred in another country, for these reasons (to circumvent the FDA) or for cost reasons (cheaper in Canada or Mexico), or just because they had the procedure done in another country and want their embryos with them?" If you go to her blog, you can read this situation but involves another couple who want to donate their embryos to her and cannot due to botched timing on blood work. Please help her if you can answer her question or forward this on to anyone you know familiar with embryo donation laws.
- Nancy is conducting a poll on mood swings and drugs (no...not those kinds of drugs...just injectibles). Head over and give her your thoughts either in the comment section or on the sidebar polls.
- Lyrecha finished her book proposal! For those who didn't know, she is writing a book about type 1 diabetes and pregnancy. If you are diabetic or know someone diabetic who has been pregnant, passing along this information from her blog: "In the meantime, if you want to be interviewed about type 1 and pregnancy, if the book actually becomes a reality, shoot me an email (Lyrehca AT gmail DOT com) and I'll keep your info on file."
- Here's a little trick to searching the site that I will add to the lead-in for every post. If you want to see if your news was announced a while ago or find an old post where you're listed, go to a google search bar and cut-and-paste these words, replacing the "searchwordhere" with your term (check under your blog's name as well as however your name is listed on your blog) :
(this would take you to old times that Creating Motherhood was mentioned. I'd also try the search with your blog name since I'm inconsistent in the way I list things. And mind how spaces appear in the line)
- By the way, that trick works with every site if you're ever trying to find an old post from someone.
- Michell is looking for some information about hormone levels and meds in regards to IVF. Could you head over there and answer her questions, pretty-please?
- AMS has set up a fund for anyone who was looking for something active to do in terms of supporting Lennox and Zoe. "We've set up a memorial fund for Lennox and Zoë to raise money for neonatal research at Cook Children's Hospital. I've put all of the information on http://sweetzoe.bastetweb.com. I don't want anyone to feel like they HAVE to donate, but several people have asked if there was something they could do and this would mean a lot to us. "
- If you notice another loading slow down or receive error messages for Stirrup Queens or Lost and Found, please let me know. Now I'm nervous every time I add anything to the side bar!
- None Today.
- Ten Times Crazier's birthday is today. Go over and sing her a little song.
- Today is Beagle's 8-year dating anniversary. Very romantic. Go wish her congratulations.
- There was no fetal pole or heartbeat when Jen went for her ultrasound. Please go over and give her support.
- It really doesn't bring any vindication--there is a reason why Calliope is still feeling pregnancy 6 weeks after her loss--her beta was 58. Please go over and give her support.
- Lianne had a beta of 14 yesterday and is waiting to see if it doubles. Please go over and give her support and good thoughts.
- Michell is waiting on her third beta today. Please go over and sit with her until the call comes in.
- None Today.
- Chris at Peace of Mind is All I Want had a baby girl on January 20th. Her name is Audrey. Go wish her congratulations!