Welcome to today's edition of Connections Abound. The Face-to-Face Lost and Found page is permanently located beneath this current post. Old Connections Abound can be accessed via the date or subject archives listed on the sidebar. Check the submissions page, FAQ, and ways to get involved for additional information. Email me at email@example.com with any questions/concerns.
Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- He Who Shall Remain Nameless sent me this news from Publishers Weekly and I thought it looked interesting: "Author of the 2007 Newsweek essay, Stop Setting Alarms on My Biological Clock, Carrie Friedman's MY PRE-PARTUM DEPRESSION, a look at the pressures society puts on women, and their uteruses, to Danielle Chiotti at Citadel, for a new women's interest nonfiction imprint to be launched in 2009, in a pre-empt, by Stacey Glick at Dystel & Goderich Literary Management." It won't be out until 2009, but it's worth putting on the radar screen. The writer has a website too: Carrie Friedman.
- Cyclesista is up and running again! Yay!
- Question from My Scar Smiles at Me, I Don't Always Smile Back about age and egg donation. Please go to her blog for more details.
- Questions about gestational diabetes at Adventures in Infertility. Please go to her blog if you can help her out.
- Apologies--there were problems with the blogroll. It was keeping the page from loading. So I've included a link to the main blogroll list and I've moved the sidebar over to the Annex.
- Meet the brand-new Clickers! Go see who is covering your category and thank them for passing along your news. Remember, you can always pass along your own news, but these people are clicking around, trying to make sure that someone who needs support or has a question doesn't fall through the cracks.
- If you notice another loading slow down or receive error messages for Stirrup Queens or Lost and Found, please let me know. Now I'm nervous every time I add anything to the side bar!
- None Today.
- Duchess's birthday is today. Go over and sing her a song and also offer her congratulations on her beta.
- Erica's birthday is tomorrow (Wednesday), but you can head over early and wish her a happy birthday.
- Tomorrow is Jasper's first birthday! Go wish Meg congratulations.
- Infertility Just Sucks found out yesterday that they did indeed lose the twin. Please go over and give her a hug.
- Life after D & C has clear tubes, no polyps and no septum. No more information on what is happening internally, but at least she can make a t-shirt that says, "no septate in 2008!".
- Inevitable Happiness could use some kind words on the adoption wait front.
- Follow up: good news for Ms. P. There had been an issue with the nuchal fold test, but her babies are testing negative for chromosomal problems.
- Michell had a health scare yesterday on the heels of her recent loss. Please go over and give her support.
- Susan at I'm an Ova-Achiever is 7w had an ultrasound yesterday (Monday). The baby has a healthy heartbeat and is growing well, but there is also a large blood clot and the placenta is only about 70% attached. The doctor has prescribed bedrest until her follow-up ultrasound on March 4.
Lots of congratulations are in order...
- There are quite a few women currently at the hospital including Kate and Shakenmama. But no one has posted news yet.