Welcome to today's edition of Connections Abound. The Face-to-Face Lost and Found page is permanently located beneath this current post. Old Connections Abound can be accessed via the date or subject archives listed on the sidebar. Check the submissions page, FAQ, and ways to get involved for additional information. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions/concerns.
Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Happy St. Patrick's Day!
- Question: Sell Crazy Someplace Else has a question about the logistics of getting a sperm sample at home and driving it to the clinic. If you...achem...collect at home instead of in the shwanking rooms, could you go over and give her information on the best way to do so in order to not affect the sample.
- Update: an update on the Parenting Magazine poll. They are still running it, but they have an online forum for answers right now.
- Moving On: Infertility Just Sucks is closing down her blog. If you want the url of her new space, you can find her email on the final post on her blog.
- If you notice another loading slow down or receive error messages for Stirrup Queens or Lost and Found, please let me know. Now I'm nervous every time I add anything to the side bar!
- Helping Make Sense (IVF)
- I Think I Hear Your Mother Calling (azoospermia)
- This IVFing Life (IVF)
- Dear Gherkin (RPL)
- Apron Strings for Emily is celebrating her blogoversary today. Go over and wish her congratulations on a full year of posts.
- None Today.
- The Art of Being Infertile's beta did not double. Please go over and give her a hug.
- Andie from The Conceivable Future is between a rock and a hard place right now--unknown pregnancy status (a solid positive peestick is now becoming fainter) and her mother's diagnosis of recurrent metastatic non-hodgkins lymphoma. Please go over and give her a lot of love.
- Encouragement wanted but pitying banned: Out of the 20 eggs retrieved for My Face Tube, only two remain. One was transferred and one was frozen.
- Precious Little... got a negative beta after IVF#2--please give her much needed support.
- A Few Good Eggs had a scare this weekend. She ended up having an ectopic that ruptured. She had to have emergency surgery. She is doing much better and the tube was saved. She and the anesthesia didn't get a long so well and she gave everybody a scare. She is recovering back at home after some additional swelling. Please go over and give her good thoughts.
- You will bawl reading this post: Sunny's mum was diagnosed with cancer this weekend. Please go over and give her support.
- My Journey to Mommyhood passed her practical medic exam and has the written portion coming up on the 24th. Go wish her congratulations and good luck!
- Child Bearing Hips had two transferred and two frozen. Go give her love during the wait.
- Trying is on bedrest until Monday following a preterm labour scare.
- Susan at I'm an Ova-Achiever is now on modified bedrest after a great appointment.
- All Roads Lead to Family is on modified bedrest too.
- Klove (Chicory's wife) at An Accident of Hope is pregnant!
- Luck Doesn't Happen Twice is having a girl.
- The Unlikely Life is pregnant too!
- Identical twins for Super Ovum.
- Big news for Sarah and Jason at Our Journey--the expectant mum gave birth to a beautiful baby boy on March 14. Baby boy is now with Sarah and Jason. They could use some support as they sort through their feelings of grief for the birthmom's loss as well as congratulations as they navigate new parenthood.