Welcome to today's edition of Connections Abound. The Face-to-Face Lost and Found page is permanently located beneath this current post. Old Connections Abound can be accessed via the date or subject archives listed on the sidebar. Check the submissions page, FAQ, and ways to get involved for additional information. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions/concerns.
Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Remember how last week I mentioned the space DD established called The Maternal Heart's Essence to remember losses that occur in our community? There is now a badge for the sidebar that was created in case you want to place it on your blog. You can view the code here and then cut-and-paste it into the correct place on your blog. You can view the badge on DD's left sidebar.
- Question: Becky is about to go into her first IVF cycle and she could really use the support of the Internet behind her. Please go over and give her your best piece of advice for IVF.
- Question: New Year New Ute has a question about ovulation and Clomid. Head over to her blog if you can help her out.
- Off-Topic Distraction: A Very Open Book is holding a contest with great prizes from The Body Shop. The rules are simple and it's all about spreading good thoughts about another person. Head over and play.
- If you notice another loading slow down or receive error messages for Stirrup Queens or Lost and Found, please let me know. Now I'm nervous every time I add anything to the side bar!
- The Therapist is In (in the beginning...)
- It is Mama Wannabe's blogoversary today. Go over and wish her congratulations on a year of posts.
- It is My Many Blessings's blogoversary today as well. Go over and wish her congratulations on a year of posts.
- Tomorrow is Lyrehca's birthday from Managing the Sweetness Within. Go over and sing her a little song.
- None Today.
- Indyness is having a very early loss--she still has to go for the beta on Tuesday, though the line is disappearing on the pee stick. Please go over and give her support.
- Lori at Eggs in a Basket (which is invite-only) lost her FIL this weekend. You can leave your thoughts for Lori and her husband on this post since their blog is invite-only.
- Ask Lindsay about her Easter eggs. They got 14 eggs at retrieval yesterday. Transfer is probably Wednesday. 7 of the original 14 fertilized, which initially upset her until she remembered that 7 is the coolest number of all.
- Ange at A Little Bit Lost has started trying again after the death of her son. Her first cycle was a negative and she count use a hug.
- Tash at Awful But Functioning got the genetic testing results back for her daughter. They were unable to find any answers and have given her a 1-25% chance that it will occur again in future pregnancies. She could use some quiet support.
- Update: Lisa at Missing Brandon and Matthew has gotten her test results back and found out that she was right about the TAC. A normal cerclage would not have worked for her. She will be getting a TAC for future pregnancies.
- FET today for Luna from Life From Here. Please go over and wish her good luck.
- More than Just Dog Children unfortunately did not have a positive result with her IUI cycle, but she is optimistic as she moves away from treatments to adoption. Go wish her good luck with the new leg of her journey.
- Life in the CatPad is having a difficult cycle. Her estrogen levels are rising slowly but her ultrasounds are showing absolutely no follicular development. Gonal-F has been added to her Menopur and she has questions about cycling with both meds at once. Please give her some advice if you can and definitely some support.
- The Holmes' New Addition had 21 eggs fertilize and will most likely have a day-5 or 6 transfer. Update on Tuesday--but go over and wish her an easy transfer.
- Love Will Tear Us Apart is finished with her break and gearing up for a FET.
- Transfer is Tuesday for I'm a Smart One. She is the gestational surrogate for Mia and Urs. Go wish all three of them good luck!
- The Anquished Corn had her transfer on Sunday (two beautiful blasts). Go over and wish her well with the wait.
- Sunny is going in for retrieval tomorrow morning and they will freeze all embryos so she can be with her family right now. Please go over and give her good thoughts for her trip home.
- It's official: Thinking Miracles is back to trying. Go over and wish her good luck.
- Susan at I'm an Ova-Achiever is now on modified bedrest after a great appointment.
- All Roads Lead to Family is on modified bedrest too.
- A positive beta for No One Ever Told Me... that was incredibly high--over 1000! Follow up beta today.
- Great appointment for Fertilized--everything is measuring well and the boy is still a boy :-)
- Excellent betas at Here We Go Again.
- Two lines for Empty Uterus Syndrome. She's currently waiting beta results!
- Ultrasound today for Schatzi at From the Peanut Gallery. Results later today?
- The Egg, The Sperm, and the Mole had a baby girl on March 14th named Gracie. Go over and wish Anna congratulations.
- Sticky Bun had her twins, The Stickies, on March 21st. Go over and wish her congratulations.
- With permission from Jenna, I am thrilled to announce that Mike and Jenna from Epiblog have been given temporary custody of Anna, born this past weekend. Please keep Mike, Jenna, and D (the woman who gave birth to Anna) in your thoughts. Jenna's blog is invite-only so if you cannot leave her a message there, feel free to leave one on this post and she will get it.