Welcome to today's edition of Connections Abound. The Face-to-Face Lost and Found page is permanently located beneath this current post. Old Connections Abound can be accessed via the date or subject archives listed on the sidebar. Check the submissions page, FAQ, and ways to get involved for additional information. Email me at email@example.com with any questions/concerns.
Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Were you aware it's Daylight Savings Time this weekend? I wasn't. I am now. Just passing this along.
- Sometimes It's the Destination is going invite-only: "I wanted to let everyone know that I'm going blogspot users / others invite only due to suspecting co-workers discovering my blog. I posted a message, but anyone not with blogspot will need to e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org to get an invite to read. My only requirement is that they have a blog so I can verify they're not someone who reports to me (as I suspect the 2 are)."
- Resolve asked me to post this for all of the D.C.ers out in the blogosphere: "What:
RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association presents its Family Building Conference: Adoption, Infertility Treatment and Donor Options. When: Saturday, April 12 from 8:00am – 5:00pm. Where: Bethesda Hyatt Hotel 7400 Wisconsin Avenue Bethesda, MD 20814. The Mid-Atlantic Region of RESOLVE presents its annual Family Building Conference: Adoption, Infertility Treatment and Donor Options for individuals and couples dealing with infertility. This conference will offer the latest information from local experts about male and female infertility, donor and surrogate issues, domestic and international adoption, complementary medicine and mental health strategies. Speakers and exhibitors include reproductive endocrinologists, therapists, acupuncturists, adoption professionals, and more. Registration includes all sessions, lunch and refreshments. Cost: Before April 1: $50/indivdual for members, $90/individual for non-members. After April 1: $60/indivdual for members, $110/individual for non-members. Website: www.midatlantic.resolve.org. Contact: Margaret Berardelli (email@example.com).
- NICU 101: Found this good site while clicking around. It seemed bookmark-worthy, especially because information while we were at the NICU was scarce. I hope no one ever needs to use it, but in case you have young preemie, this seemed like a good starting point for gathering information/support.
- If you notice another loading slow down or receive error messages for Stirrup Queens or Lost and Found, please let me know. Now I'm nervous every time I add anything to the side bar!
- Playing the Waiting Game (PCOS, in the beginning)
- None Today.
- When Sarah Laughed received a negative for this IVF cycle and she is in a terrible place right now. Please go over and give her support even if she doesn't return to her blog.
- Sluggish Butterfly is having a hysteroscopy & laparoscopy today. Go wish her a speedy recovery.
- Futurewise's husband's biopsy did not go well. They did not find any sperm for ICSI. Please go offer some comfort as they figure out what to do next.
- Thoughts From My Life got her first beta back and it's 14. She's now waiting for the beta on Friday. Go over and give her support while she waits.
- Pee-Sticks and Stones is also waiting another beta now that her earlier one doubled but is low. Go over and help her through the wait.
- Had her child not died, My Journey to a Happy Healthier Me would have been celebrating his first birthday yesterday. Go over and remember with her.
- Juli at The Digoxin Tattoo is gearing up for her big u/s tomorrow... She is worried because, if this pregnancy fails, then her DH wants to stop trying (at least for the foreseeable future) as well as due to past history. Please go give her support while she waits.
- Picket Fence Envy is pregnant and being cautiously optimistic though low-key after the other losses. Please go over and give a quiet "yay!"