Welcome to today's edition of Connections Abound. The Face-to-Face Lost and Found page is permanently located beneath this current post. Old Connections Abound can be accessed via the date or subject archives listed on the sidebar. Check the submissions page, FAQ, and ways to get involved for additional information. Email me at email@example.com with any questions/concerns.
Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Last week, Tina was talking about having a space for losses that occur in our blogging community. DD already has a space established called The Maternal Heart's Essence. If you wish to have your loss added, DD has information here. Thank you, DD, for setting this up.
- Question: Cupcakes and Conundrums (oh, G-d, when I open her blog and see that cupcake at the top...it makes me so hungry) has questions about foster care as well as a specific situation she'd like anyone to weigh in with their thoughts. Click over and read her questions.
- Question: A Very Open Book has some non-IF questions about recurrent ear infections and could use some support during a difficult time.
- Question: Unquestionable Love has some questions about acupuncture. If you've used it, head over and give her your thoughts.
- Off-Topic Distractions: It's the last call for your last supper--Bee in the Bonnet's contest closes tomorrow. Go tell her the last thing you would eat.
- Invite Only: Almamay's Infertility Journey is going invite-only. In order to get an invite, send her an email. On a side note, she could use some support right now, so if you were looking for a new blog to start reading, here's a good one.
- Events: The next IIFF (Infertility International Film Festival) is coming up and it's not too late to enter--in fact, you probably have the software on your computer to set images and music together as we speak. So what are you waiting for?
- Contest: I'm a Smart One is holding a contest right now on Mojo Madness. Go and list the strange and not-so-strange things you've done to try to help along the outcome of a cycle.
- If you notice another loading slow down or receive error messages for Stirrup Queens or Lost and Found, please let me know. Now I'm nervous every time I add anything to the side bar!
- We Are What We Repeatedly Do (old blog at a new location--please switch your links)
- Building Our Family (old blog, new name and new location)
- My Life with Infertility (PCOS, IUI)
- Journeywoman may be off on holiday, but it's her birthday this Sunday. Go over and sing her a little song that she can hear when she returns.
- Today is Tash's birthday at Awful But Functioning. Go wish her a happy birthday.
- Today is Sunny's terraversary. She is going through a terrible time right now in the middle of an IVF cycle and with her mother's health news. Please go over and give her love.
- Tomorrow is the D & C date for Tina's third loss. Please go give her a hug.
- Saturday is the loss date for What Wuz I Saying? Please go give her a hug.
- Ms. C lost her grandfather on Tuesday. She is also 40 weeks pregnant today and has hit her due date. Please go give her support.
- Kathy received horrific news about Baby Molly this week. Molly was diagnosed with heart problems at 13 weeks. Kathy has been taking medications to help treat the problem, but "Today we got the news that we have been dreading, but always knew was the most likely outcome, there was significantly more fluid in Molly’s abdomen and thus there is really nothing more that we can do, at least medically speaking, to help our baby girl." At 25 weeks, they are debating next steps based on whether Kathy is experiencing preeclampsia. Please go over and give her a lot of on-going support.
- From Here to Maternity is having a hard time right now. Please go over and give her a hug.
- Sunny is in a terrible space right now: midway through an IVF cycle with news that her mother only has 2--4 weeks to live. Please go over and give her a lot of support.
- Tomorrow is an important appointment for Missing Brandon and Matthew to see if she could have a TAC with a future pregnancy. Please go give her good thoughts.
- Where to Go From Here also had a hard day yesterday. Go over and give her a hug.
- Gas Passer is transferring two embryos today. Go wish her good luck.
- So Dear and Yet So Far is having a difficult time communicating with happily pregnant people after the loss of her twins. Please go over and give her a hug and give her your thoughts on her questions.
- Beauty and Courage's embryo didn't survive the thaw so their FET has been cancelled. Please go give her support.
- Ann at The Unlucky 20 Percent was planning on being by herself this Mother's Day and just found out they've scheduled her nephew's baptism for that day. Please go give her support.
- Susan at I'm an Ova-Achiever is now on modified bedrest after a great appointment.
- All Roads Lead to Family is on modified bedrest too.
- Trying is off bedrest after a good OB appointment.
- Jen at Here We Go Again is pregnant again!
- Sam's Feet is having a CVS today. Go wish her good luck.
- None Today.