Welcome to today's edition of Connections Abound. The Face-to-Face Lost and Found page is permanently located beneath this current post. Old Connections Abound can be accessed via the date or subject archives listed on the sidebar. Check the submissions page, FAQ, and ways to get involved for additional information. Email me at email@example.com with any questions/concerns.
Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- I apologize to everyone who is waiting on me for an email. I am really behind on life. Damn you, Google Reader, taunting me with 83 unread feeds from one single day!
- As Helen says, it's really unbelievable that we didn't do this sooner. I guess the only way to go is forward and we've set up a lot of stuff behind the scenes to keep this running indefinitely. More on that in the near future. One thing we just added to the form was a few ballpark costs: what you'd like as the starting price, the buy-now price, and the shipping costs. And most importantly, just a huge public thank you to everyone who has rolled up their sleeves and jumped in with ideas and items. Helen, Jen, and I are eternally grateful, I know Calliope is probably getting excited seeing things come together, and it just rocks to see people caring about other people.
- Looking for a Blogger: Tina is trying to connect with Rachel who left a message on her blog, My Many Blessings but no way to contact her and answer her question. Rachel, if you're reading this, head back to Tina's blog and let her know how to reach you so she can tell you about homocysteine levels.
- New Blog: Off the IF Record requires a little explanation. It is written by a blogger you know and love, but who is writing anonymously right now. Think of it as one part venting space/one part advice column/and one part...something else kick-ass. The blog will contain her own stories as well as yours. If you needed a space to speak anonymously, here it is (with an easy email address to use if you'd like to be in touch with Lois Lane).
- Question: Grad Ovaries has a pregnancy/vision related question: "I normally get the occasional "floater" in my vision, but lately I've been experiencing bright, rolling balls of light on the periphery of my vision, only in my left eye. I usually get a headache within a few hours, also centered on the left side of my head (where my normal migraines are). So the little balls of light... normal escalation of migraines due to pregnancy? Indication of developing super powers? Or something else entirely?" Go over to her blog if you know the answer.
- Question: Cathleen needs some advice from ladies who have had to give themselves the dreaded PIO shot. Come on, go over (you know you know the world about ass shots) and answer her questions.
- Fundraiser: Henry Street is doing the MS Walk.
- Team On the Road continues to truck along. I cannot thank enough those who have donated or posted the code for Team On the Road. We've currently raised $1128! If you would like to help with our March of Dimes fundraising, read this post and join along. There are at least five things you could do!
- If you notice another loading slow down or receive error messages for Stirrup Queens or Lost and Found, please let me know. Now I'm nervous every time I add anything to the side bar!
- None Today.
- Long Distance Infertility is celebrating her birthday today. Go over and sing her a little song.
- Mary is also celebrating her birthday today. Go and wish her a happy birthday.
- Kellie's birthday is also today! Go over and wish her happy birthday and an easy adoption road.
- Today is the one-year anniversary of Lindsay's positive beta. Go over there and give her a hug.
- Asheggy at The Spirit of Magnolia is remembering the 2 year anniversary of her last loss; BUT it will also be the 1 year anniversary of the day they signed with their adoption agency. The bitter with the sweet and you should go over and give her love.
- None Today.
- Or, Life is a Bed of Roses is having a scary bleeding episode right now. One of the twins has a torn placenta. She is looking for positive stories right now while on bedrest. Please go over and also give her love.
- Asheggy at The Spirit of Magnolia has decided to dual list, both domestic and international. They have chosen Peru!
- Waiting for Our Little Miracle had a great meeting with the expectant mother and was able to go to the OB appointment and then check out the hospital where the baby will be delivered.
- CLC at Please Give Me Back My Heart read a report on recurrence of stillbirth after a first stillbirth is greatly increased. She’s quite upset and worried about attempting another pregnancy. Please go over and give her support.
- Update: Allison finally has the autopsy results but still no answers. Please go over there and give her support.
- All Roads Lead to Family is on modified bedrest.
- Or, Life is a Bed of Roses is on bedrest for a week due to a torn placenta.
- First ultrasound today for Jen. Hopefully she'll update with good news this evening.
- Go over and wish Ms. C congratulations because Sacha is here. He was born on March 29th. Go over to her blog to see a beautiful picture too.