Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from Building Heavenly Bridges. The author muses on why we honor people on their birthday rather than their deathday. She asks: "why memorialize the first day of his life, instead of his last?" How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff!
- Computer Help: A Somewhat Ordinary Life's (long time IF blogger, now invite-only) hard drive died. She has been going through a lot lately and the cost of retrieving files (namely, pictures) from the hard drive will be costly. Can anyone volunteer their services to help her, especially if you could walk her through the steps of retrieving the files? Please leave a comment below if you can help.
- Question: A blogless person asked me a question and I've never heard of this before--taking Prometrium BEFORE ovulation. She has checked with her doctor 4 times with this and the instructions remain the same. "After I miscarried in September my Dr has put me on prometrium to try and stop the spotting. I tried 200mg Prometrium starting on day 13. I know I didn' t ovulate until the 16th but the dr told me to start that day so I followed the directions. Still spotting. Now I have been told to take Clomid 100mg days 5-9 and Prometrium starting day 12. I know that is before I would ovulate now, based on temp charting and OPK. Could taking the Prometrium too soon in my cycle prevent me from ovulating? I have called my Dr. four times to double check this and the answer I got through her nurse, was that the progesterone would get my uterine lining prepared before I ovulated. But everything that I have read has said increased progesterone before ovulation could cause you to not ovulate." Has anyone else ever heard of this? Please leave answers in the comment section below since the questioner is blogless.
- Question: Cara from Building Heavenly Bridges is holding a conversation about either building on the IF Common Thread idea or starting a new similar project for those experiencing stillbirth or neonatal death. Please click over to join the conversation.
- Online Shower: Leah is organizing an online group gift for JJ of Reproductive Jeans. If you'd like to contribute, click over to the Baby Gift site and read how you can participate. This message will be up until the 30th which is the closing date for contributing.
- Fundraiser: Alexa (who is a March of Dimes ambassador this year) is raising money for the March of Dimes. Help her reach her goal of $5000.
- Creme de la Creme: The Creme de la Creme list was posted. I continue to add to it daily and update the date/time link on the right sidebar whenever there has been a change.
- Bridges continues to post and it continues to be an amazing resource for insight into a multitude of worlds. And I'm not just saying that because I work on it.
- If you notice another loading slow down or receive error messages for Stirrup Queens or Lost and Found, please let me know. Now I'm nervous every time I add anything to the side bar!
- Annabelle Arriving (parenting after international adoption)
- Leah's birthday is tomorrow. Go sing her a little song.
- Child of G-d is celebrating her birthday on Wednesday. Go sing her a little song.
- Chez Perky's birthday is on Thursday. Go over and eat some cake with her.
- Baby Steps to Baby Shoes is celebrating her birthday on Thursday. Go sing her a little song.
- Another Dreamer is celebrating her birthday on Friday. Go sing her a little song.
- Production, Not Reproduction is celebrating her birthday next Saturday. Go eat some cake with her.
- Alicia celebrated her first blogoversary last Friday.
- Seeking G-d Knows What marked her third blogoversary last Friday.
- None Today.
- None Today.
- Our Family Beginnings is dashing about after receiving news that they'd been selected to adopt a baby due any day! It looks like the placement will happen early this week.
- Guera at Portraits in Sepia had a laparotomy to remove ovarian cysts and as much endometriosis as possible and will be off work for 6 weeks. Go keep her company.
- Diary of an Infertile Mad Woman transfered 3 embryos, would like some extra prayers that at least one of them sticks.
- Ashley had her 4th IUI on Saturday.
- After converting her IUI to IVF, Stacey had her retrieval Saturday. 6 eggs were retrieved.
- Musings of the Barren had an IUI this weekend and is now in the wait. Go wish her luck!
- Mrs. Higrens found out Sunday that her FSH levels are indicating ovarian issues at 32. While the RE wants to test levels again before making a final diagnosis, this has come as a bit of a shock. If anyone out there has had similar issues and gone on to successful IUI or IVF she'd love to hear your stories (and any other encouragement you can provide).
- Dee remains on bedrest after Pprom at 13 weeks. She is now 24 weeks and has been moved to the hospital for bedrest for the remainder of the pregnancy.
- Elana had the cerclage and is now at home on modified bed rest.
- Heather is on bedrest for the foreseeable future after having a cerclage put in. Sweetpea is still doing great!
- Ange is back home after being in the hospital after some bleeding. She is on bedrest for the time being.
- JJ is on bed rest for the remainder of her pregnancy.
- An ultrasound confirmed it. Rebuilding Myself is pregnant!
- Two Shorten the Road gave birth to a girl, Lexie, on January 20th. Go over and wish her congratulations.
- Annabelle is almost here! Chasing China received her referral from China after a very long wait. Go over and celebrate with her at her new blog, Annabelle Arriving.
Read and Support