Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from Baby Smiling in Back Seat. Musings on the topic of lucky charms. I loved her idea on the power of placebo and the discussion in the comment section is fascinating. Part of an ongoing series. How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff!
- Survey: This Is Not What I Had Planned has a link up on her blog today about a survey being done by some folks up in San Francisco regarding the importance of how the medical community handles the delivery of the news of a stillbirth or neonatal death. The author of the study is collecting data from parents who have lived through this tragedy to include in her study. Please stop by K@lalkly's site and link to the survey if you would like your voice to be heard.
- Face-to-Face Meeting Up?: Dora will be traveling to Toronto in a few weeks for her donor embryo transfer. She has already been chatting with another Toronto area blogger about meeting up, but would love to schedule more meetups with other area bloggers. She also writes: "once I make my hotel arrangements, please email me if you'd like to send a card or CHOCOLATE. It will be Valentine's weekend! email@example.com."
- Question: Overeducated Mommy (OM) is having difficulty finding a regularly scheduled baby loss support group in her area (Rochester, MN). OM and her husband are considering starting a new one that meets consistently and often. However, they don't know if they are equipped to take on such an endeavor, given the newness of their loss (November 2008). Can anybody offer suggestions or opinions regarding how to start a group, how to find a group, or a particular format that works for you?
- Computer Help: A Somewhat Ordinary Life's (long time IF blogger, now invite-only) hard drive died. She has been going through a lot lately and the cost of retrieving files (namely, pictures) from the hard drive will be costly. Can anyone volunteer their services to help her, especially if you could walk her through the steps of retrieving the files? Please leave a comment below if you can help.
- Online Shower: Leah is organizing an online group gift for JJ of Reproductive Jeans. If you'd like to contribute, click over to the Baby Gift site and read how you can participate. This message will be up until the 30th which is the closing date for contributing.
- Creme de la Creme: The Creme de la Creme list was posted. I continue to add to it daily and update the date/time link on the right sidebar whenever there has been a change.
- Bridges continues to post and it continues to be an amazing resource for insight into a multitude of worlds. And I'm not just saying that because I work on it.
- If you notice another loading slow down or receive error messages for Stirrup Queens or Lost and Found, please let me know. Now I'm nervous every time I add anything to the side bar!
- Whispered Support (pg loss, stillbirth, neonatal death, infant loss)
- Infertility Rocks! (secondary IF)
- Chronicles of an "IF" Fashionista (IVF, pg loss)
- Leah's birthday is today. Go sing her a little song.
- Child of G-d is celebrating her birthday on Wednesday. Go sing her a little song.
- Chez Perky's birthday is on Thursday. Go over and eat some cake with her.
- Baby Steps to Baby Shoes is celebrating her birthday on Thursday. Go sing her a little song.
- Another Dreamer is celebrating her birthday on Friday. Go sing her a little song.
- Production, Not Reproduction is celebrating her birthday next Saturday. Go eat some cake with her.
- Emily at What to Expect When You're NOT Expecting is celebrating her one year blogoversary. Go wish her congratulations.
- It was Andrea Jennine's birthday yesterday. Go sing her a little song.
- Womb for Rent celebrated her birthday on Saturday. Go sing her a little song.
- In honor of Myles, Niki is remembering each of the twenty-six days that he was alive. Go remember with her and send her lots of love.
- All You Who Hope lost her grandmother on Saturday, January 24. Go give her a hug.
- S.E. is experiencing her 3rd miscarriage. Go give her a hug.
- The expectant mother who matched with Lindsay is having a boy!
- Go wish Deborah some luck and prayers as little Alexa's initial Cystic Fibrosis screening came back abnormal and she's going in for a sweat test.
- Turia had her fourth IUI on Monday and could use some positive thoughts while she waits.
- Hydrangeas Are Pretty will know soon if a potential adoptive placement will work out and their family will grow again. Go keep her company while they wait.
- Nikki got her PGD results: 4 normal blasts! Go wish her congrats.
- Faith's cycle got switched from IVF to IUI due to her response. Go wish them luck.
- Dee remains on bedrest after Pprom at 13 weeks. She is now 24 weeks and has been moved to the hospital for bedrest for the remainder of the pregnancy.
- Elana had the cerclage and is now at home on modified bed rest.
- Heather is on bedrest for the foreseeable future after having a cerclage put in. Sweetpea is still doing great!
- Ange is back home after being in the hospital after some bleeding. She is on bedrest for the time being.
- JJ is on bed rest for the remainder of her pregnancy.
- Busted Babymaker is having a boy!
- This Wasn't the Plan had her first beta of 29 at 7dp5dt!! Go wish her luck for beta #2.
- Sanan from Why Me? Ramblings from South Asia gave birth to a boy on January 19. Go over and wish her congratulations.
- Becky's new little one, Amelia, is scheduled to debut on Wednesday. Go wish them well. Updates to follow.
Read and Support