Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from This is NOT What I Ordered. A very funny post about the author's fear that everyone around her is going to announce their pregnancy. Even spider plants, squirrels and fruit flies are on her shit list. How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff!
- Blogroll Announcement: Cassandra and I are cleaning up the blogroll: removing dead links and moving people to the right category. You may notice your category shifting around. I only remove links if the link is dead--I do not remove blogs that have been silent since who knows when someone will return to their space. We hope to have the whole thing finished in the next two weeks.
- Blog Change: Kristen changed her blog name and look! The Fertile Infertile is now called the Dragondreamer's Lair. Go over and see the changes (the url remains the same).
- Book Giveaway: Melanie writes: "I have the bible of multiple pregnancy, When You're Expecting Twins, Triplets, or Quads, Revised Edition: Proven Guidelines for a Healthy Multiple Pregnancy by Barbara Luke and Tamara Eberlein, that needs a new home. Leave a comment on my blog if you're interested. If there are several takers, I'll throw the names in a hat and ship it to the winner.
- Project: C has a lovely idea about sharing stories relevant to Ethiopian Adoption in a book created from a collection of blog posts. "A gorgeous book that could serve as a resource and a great read for anyone who is just starting their journey to adopt a child from Ethiopia. A book of essays that could support families through the different stages. Real stories, by real people with real experiences." If you wish to contribute, stop by her blog for more information.
- Question: Turia has an appointment on Wednesday to discuss her upcoming laparoscopy. She's wondering if there's anything in particular she should remember to ask.
- Changed Blog: Previously known as Indisputable Topcat, Eden has started a new blog under her real name. She writes about life, recovery, parenting after IVF, step-parenting. And chocolate. And her hubbie is in remission from cancer. It is listed as a new blog below even though it's not new...but it is new...but it's not new.
- Interesting Read: Luna has up a post about a new study stating there is no increased cancer risk from fertility drugs. Go have a read.
- For all Anonymous Bloggers Also on Twitter: An anonymous blogger who has a link to her blog from her Twitter account wrote this: "So... Twitter helps new users to find local friends and family fairly effectively. If you look right down at the tiny lil' wee footer on Twitter, you'll see 'Search'; if you click on that, you can then click on 'Advanced Search'. Then you can ask garrulous ol' Twitter to show you everyone who's twittering within one mile - or more - of any particular location. And that's how I've been found!" If you live in a not-very-populated area, you may want to take note.
- Contest: Kristen has set up a Book Challenge. Set your total and put up a post on your blog and let her know if you want to be entered in the end-of-year prize.
- Online Event: Lisa at Helping Make Sense writes: "Ever really want to blog about something but not want a regular reader of your blog to see it? Lisa is hosting a Come One Come All the week of 2/9 for anyone to post something they want to ask/say/complain about but can't on their own blog. Email her at LisaBRM@gmail.com what you want to post and if you want it to be anonymous and she'll post it for you on her blog!
- Creme de la Creme: The Creme de la Creme list was posted. I continue to add to it daily and update the date/time link on the right sidebar whenever there has been a change.
- Bridges continues to post and it continues to be an amazing resource for insight into a multitude of worlds. And I'm not just saying that because I work on it.
- If you notice another loading slow down or receive error messages for Stirrup Queens or Lost and Found, please let me know. Now I'm nervous every time I add anything to the side bar!
- None Today.
- Upon Awakening is celebrating her birthday today. Go over and have a little cake with her.
- The Twinkies is celebrating her birthday on Wednesday. Go over and sing her a little song.
- I'm a Smart One is celebrating her birthday on Wednesday too. Go over and have a little cake with her.
- Adventures [in] Fertility Wonderland is also celebrating her birthday on Wednesday. Go over and sing a little song.
- Deb is celebrating her birthday next Friday. Go over and sing her a little song.
- Julie's birthday is next Saturday. Go over and sing her a little song.
- The Infertile Informer is having her birthday on Wednesday. Go sing her a little song.
- Miss E's Musings is celebrating her birthday today. Go over and have some cake with her.
- Thursday, Lassie is celebrating her 9th wedding anniversary alone because FlyGuy is out of town on business. Please go visit her while she muddles through a major plumbing crisis in their home.
- None Today.
- None Today.
- To Baby and Beyond is celebrating her 100th post.
- Get Pregnant had her IUI on Monday and is now in the TWW. She is feeling a bit emotional and stressed out and could use some kind words or encouragement.
- Heart Cries was chosen by an expectant mom to adopt her baby, due in July.
- Spring's youngest daughter is undergoing cranio-facial surgery this week. Go leave her a word of support.
- Faith's IVF #2 was converted to IUI#1 and she just received a BFN. Go give her a hug.
- Minus One had her u/s and saw a gestational sac with no yolk sac, and is now waiting to see what happens. Go sit with her while she waits.
- Elana had the cerclage and is now at home on modified bed rest.
- Heather is on bedrest for the foreseeable future after having a cerclage put in. Sweetpea is still doing great!
- G is home, but now on bedrest. Go give her some love as she cooks these babies a little longer.
- Twinge had doubling betas and the second one was 328. Go wish her luck for her next one on 2/16.
- Rachel B. had her big ultrasound today and she is having a boy! The baby is healthy and growing and moving around as it should.
- Stacey at Adventures in Life just received a great first beta of 658 at 13dp3dt. She's thrilled!
- Stephanie just got a positive home pregnancy test and is in need of positive thoughts.
- None Today.
Read and Support