Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from Awful But Functioning. A mother balances between allowing life to go on and honouring the child who is gone on the date of her birth. An insight into the world of neonatal death. How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff!
- Book Giveaway: The RE's Muse is giving away two books on loss: Miscarriage After Infertility: A Woman's Guide to Coping by Margaret Comerford Freda and Carrie F. Semelsberger, RNs. and Miscarriage: Why It Happens and How Best to Reduce Your Risks by Henry M. Lerner, M.D. If you would like them, contact her through her blog.
- Survey: Where To Go From Here has a survey on her blog. If you have experienced a stillbirth, please complete this survey about a stillbirth support hotline.
- Contest: Mrs Spock's Two-Year Blogaversary is Feb. 24th, and she is holding a contest to celebrate! She is inviting her readers to come up with her trail name for the Stirrup Queens Blogging Name Registry, and is giving away a set of To-Go Ware Bamboo Utensils and an Envirosax reusable shopping bag to the winner whose name she chooses. There are two weeks until this contest ends.
- Off-Topic Question: Um...totally off-topic but I don't have my ears pierced and therefore have never bought earrings. Where do you go to buy earrings for kids--like studs for a girl between 8--12? I'd prefer a brick-and-mortar store over online shopping. Please leave ideas in the comment section below.
- Blogroll Announcement: Cassandra and I are cleaning up the blogroll: removing dead links and moving people to the right category. You may notice your category shifting around. I only remove links if the link is dead--I do not remove blogs that have been silent since who knows when someone will return to their space. We hope to have the whole thing finished in the next two weeks.
- Blog Change: Kristen changed her blog name and look! The Fertile Infertile is now called the Dragondreamer's Lair. Go over and see the changes (the url remains the same).
- Book Giveaway: Melanie writes: "I have the bible of multiple pregnancy, When You're Expecting Twins, Triplets, or Quads, Revised Edition: Proven Guidelines for a Healthy Multiple Pregnancy by Barbara Luke and Tamara Eberlein, that needs a new home. Leave a comment on my blog if you're interested. If there are several takers, I'll throw the names in a hat and ship it to the winner.
- Project: C has a lovely idea about sharing stories relevant to Ethiopian Adoption in a book created from a collection of blog posts. "A gorgeous book that could serve as a resource and a great read for anyone who is just starting their journey to adopt a child from Ethiopia. A book of essays that could support families through the different stages. Real stories, by real people with real experiences." If you wish to contribute, stop by her blog for more information.
- Creme de la Creme: The Creme de la Creme list was posted. I continue to add to it daily and update the date/time link on the right sidebar whenever there has been a change.
- Bridges continues to post and it continues to be an amazing resource for insight into a multitude of worlds. And I'm not just saying that because I work on it.
- If you notice another loading slow down or receive error messages for Stirrup Queens or Lost and Found, please let me know. Now I'm nervous every time I add anything to the side bar!
- None Today--adding more soon as we clean up the blogroll.
- The Twinkies is celebrating her birthday today. Go over and sing her a little song.
- I'm a Smart One is celebrating her birthday today too. Go over and have a little cake with her.
- Adventures [in] Fertility Wonderland is also celebrating her birthday today. Go over and sing a little song.
- Deb is celebrating her birthday next Friday. Go over and sing her a little song.
- Julie's birthday is next Saturday. Go over and sing her a little song.
- The Infertile Informer is having her birthday today. Go sing her a little song.
- Miss Inconceivability turned 37 yesterday. Go wish her a happy belated birthday.
- Tuesday was Happy Not-So-Newlywed's birthday. Go sing her a little song.
- This Thursday is Maddy's birthday. Please sit with Tash while she remembers.
- Cynthiaa's little boy "Aiden Bug" died at 38 weeks gestation due to a cord accident. Her fiance is also in jail at the moment, so she is going through this mostly by herself. The funeral is today. Please go give her support.
- TheNewLifeofNancy spent last night in the emergency room due to sudden and intense abdominal pain the source most likely her gallbladder or retained placenta in her uterus. Go keep her company as she recovers.
- MC had her IUI today. Please go over and keep her company during her wait.
- Andrea and Darryl's file has landed in Ethiopia! The wait for a referral begins! Go wish them congrats!
- Last week IVF #6 resulted in Bee Cee's best retrieval ever and two great embryos were transferred. Go wish her luck during the wait.
- Tara is having her first ET on Thursday. They had their retrieval on Monday and only one egg fertilized. Please go give good thoughts that this little embryo is the one.
- Leaping Hurdles has been diagnosed with OHSS. She also had a good ultrasound.
- Onepinkline is on Lupron for her first IVF cycle and is having a tough time with the side effects. She has questions about whether anyone else has had a similar experience and could use reassurance.
- After a lump was found in her breast during her annual exam, Stephanie had a mammogram and it was determined that she does NOT have breast cancer!
- An Offering of Love transferred three frozen embryos yesterday. Please send her support while she waits.
- Elana had the cerclage and is now at home on modified bed rest.
- Heather is on bedrest for the foreseeable future after having a cerclage put in. Sweetpea is still doing great!
- G is home, but now on bedrest. Go give her some love as she cooks these babies a little longer.
- A positive beta for An Unwanted Path but she is holding her breath for the second beta due to some spotting. Please go give her support between betas.
- Happy Not-So-Newlywed's learned that she's carrying a son and a daughter.
- Hollie got a BFP after her FET. Her first beta on Feb 6 at 7dp6dt was 38.5.
- Paige is scheduled for induction on Thursday, unless the baby decides to arrive sooner. Go wish her good luck.
- In Search of Morning Sickness gave birth to a daughter, Elyana, on January 19. Go wish her congratulations.
Read and Support