Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from Baby, Interrupted. Deep in the heart of the two week wait, the author discusses the story of Jonah as well as a poem she read and what can be gained by the anxiety that comes with the wait. A gorgeous post about being in a black hole of time. How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff!
- Interview Request: I was contacted by a freelance writer who asks: "I'm a freelance writer working on an article for Conceive magazine about how guys really feel about male infertility (embarrassed? angry? sick of talking about it?). I've lined up a few experts, but now I'm looking for guys who have been through it/are going through it. I wondered (a) if you could point me in the right direction to some other blogging guys or husbands of blogging wives who might be willing to answer a few questions by phone or email; or (b) if I could post a request about this in your forums. Let me know if you can help or if I can answer any questions for you (just FYI, you can learn more about me at www.melodywarnick.com, and I actually went through this -- secondary infertility -- so I'm not a complete stranger to the infertility world)."
- Question: Tigger has a friend who is not quite 2 months pregnant. She sent her a message the other day that said "Can you think of any reason intercourse would HURT LIKE HELL right now, because of cramps? Like..menstrual cramps, until I orgasm and then it's more like contraction cramps..moves from left-center to just center. Also, doesn't hurt much if I'm on top." Those who can help can either email her at email@example.com or just leave a message on her latest post.
- Question: Birds and Squirrels has a question about using donor sperm instead of moving on to IVF with ICSI because of very low morphology (3%). Her husband is a childhood cancer survivor and she is struggling with the dilemma of whether to go into debt to pay for IVF or try donor sperm and lose the genetic connection. She has some questions about the logistics and cost of donor sperm.
- Forums: If you are not a member of the forums, you will not have access to the LFCA on days when we are utilizing an open thread in the forums instead of posting on this site. Any blog reader or writer can become a member of the forums by clicking here and registering. On days when we don't have the LFCA, it also follows that I'll be slow on approving new members (that whole lack of Internet access thing) so please be patient.
- None Today (many will be added over the weekend and posted Monday)
- Once is celebrating her birthday this week. Go over and sing her a little song.
- I Won't Fear Love is celebrating her blogoversary next Sunday. Go wish her congratulations.
- Kathy at Three of a Kind Working on a Full House... is celebrating her 2nd blogoversary today! Go wish her congratulations.
- They Grow in Your Heart is celebrating her birthday next Wednesday. Go over and sing her a little song.
- Lorza is having her birthday on Monday and it seems that nobody is going to celebrate it with her. Which is RIDICULOUS. So fly through the internets over to her blog, have a slice of birthday cake with her, and make her feel not so alone.
- Monday is the unfulfilled due date for K at Our Box of Rain.
- Queenie just experienced a very early loss after her first Clomid cycle. Though she is coping well, she could probably use some extra support.
- Mr and Mrs H are having their first homestudy/safety visit today.
- Baby, Interrupted has her beta test today and could use some cheering on.
- Please stop by and give Faith (Mustard Seed Baby) a great big hug. She just got a BFN from IVF #2.
- JensBoys has a tumor in her kidney that is likely cancerous. This news came on top of a host of other crises in her extended family--please go leave her a word of support.
- My Hopeful Heart has been matched with a baby boy born April 7th.
- Heather is on bedrest for the foreseeable future after having a cerclage put in. Sweetpea is still doing great!
- G is home, but now on bedrest. Go give her some love as she cooks these babies a little longer.
- Hoping for Another Lovebug is on hospital bedrest for the remainder of the pregnancy. Please keep her company. She has Internet access, though reading is easier than typing.
- Jenni has been placed on bedrest at home indefinitely. Go over and keep her company while the baby hangs out a little longer!
- Aramelle at A New Wheeler for the World? had a positive beta on Thursday!
- Relaxing Doesn't Make Babies is bleeding and is preparing herself in case this is a miscarriage. Please go hold her hand while she waits to find out.
- Fertile Yet Infertile gave birth to a son, Matthew, on April 1. Go over and wish her congratulations.
- Eclectic Effervescence has given birth! More details when she posts again.
- Holly at Jumping Through The Hoops is being induced Friday morning. She's worried about how Ruby will do because of the CDH. Send her some luck and good wishes. More news when she posts again.
Read and Support