Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from The Life of Liv. A post about how and why those who are newly diagnosed or struggling with infertility should jump into the ALI blogosphere. A great starting point for anyone who has wondered if they should start a blog. How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff!
- Figured This Out: I added a link to the LFCA form on my Internet Browser Toolbar. All you have to do is highlight the url (http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?key=pFBFgoFkPPH3VlLn13wx4Iw). Then go to a blank space on your tool bar and right click. Click on the paste option and you'll see an icon show up with a green checkmark and the url of the form. To change the name, right click on it and go down to "properties." It will give you the option to change the name. I made mine "LFCA form" so it's brief. Now, when I'm reading a blog, if there's news, I just click on that icon on the toolbar and can add it immediately. Just a word of warning, make sure you grab the url of the blog you're writing about before you click the LFCA form button because it will direct you to the form rather than opening a new window. Voila--I use the form more often.
- Event: May 10th 2009 is Mother's Day and a difficult day for many in the ALI community. Take part in OMG YOU ROCK DAY, a gift and card exchange among our community and join us as we make it a day to look forward to! Sign up through 4/19.
- Off Topic Post: Liza Was Here has a beautiful tribute to Judith Krug. As she says, "If any of you grew up going to libraries, reading books that some people might have thought were 'too old' for you, or celebrating or otherwise appreciating 'Banned Books Week,' you probably owe a debt of gratitude to Judith Krug, who passed away on Saturday." Go over to her blog and find out how you can add your words of gratitude for her work for her family to read.
- Question: Phoebe at Tales of the Phoenix is looking for women who have done CGH or microarray to share their experience with her. Were you told the same things she was by her doctor? Please stop by this post and leave her a comment or send her an e-mail at phoebephoenixtalesatgmaildotcom.
- Question: Turia's ovaries aren't responding properly to her usual P.uregon dose. She's wondering if this is a fluke, or if it's possible to develop a tolerance to the medication. Any experience?
- Question: "I'd like to ask anyone who has had experience with endo. My Specialist here in Germany (where I live) wants me to have a shot of 'Gonal-F' for three months (putting me in premature menopause, from what I've found) and then have another surgery. I was initially okay with this, but after reading more, I'm having serious issues with the idea of such severe side effects as these shots evidently have. Then my husband had a good thought: If we aren't 100% certain that this course of treatment will end us up with a baby, why not go straight to IVF instead? (over here, the insurance pays 50%, which is great). I mean, with the IVF treatments I'm still going to have to go through hormones and their side effects, why not try this instead of those other hormones?" Any thoughts on using Gonal-F injections to treat endo? Leave your thoughts on her blog or email her.
- Fun Site: Rachel discovered a new product called Fertility Socks! It is a website that offers fun and funky socks to Infertile women going to treatments to make their unfun appointments a little less dreary!
- Honour: LittleAngelKisses' son is an ambassador for March of Dimes! He was in a commercial to promote MoD in his hometown.
- Forums: If you are not a member of the forums, you will not have access to the LFCA on days when we are utilizing an open thread in the forums instead of posting on this site. Any blog reader or writer can become a member of the forums by clicking here and registering. On days when we don't have the LFCA, it also follows that I'll be slow on approving new members (that whole lack of Internet access thing) so please be patient.
- None Today.
- They Grow in Your Heart is celebrating her birthday today. Go over and sing her a little song.
- Do Without Doing is celebrating her birthday this week. Go over and sing her a little song.
- Barren is the New Black is celebrating her birthday this week too. Go have a little cake with her.
- Stacie is celebrating her birthday this week. Go over and sing her a little song. She's also celebrating her second blogoversary on the 15th!
- Hobbit-ish Thoughts and Ramblings is celebrating her anniversary this week. Go over and wish them congratulations.
- I Am A Butterfly is celebrating 7 years of blogging. Drop by to celebrate with her and reflect on all that she's been through.
- April 17 is also the one-year anniversary of Molly's birth and death. Please go give Kathy support.
- Lori is remembering the loss of her daughter to cancer two years ago in April.
- The three-and-a-half month old son of Shana at Gorillabuns passed away unexpectedly Easter weekend. Please go visit her and give her support; not just now, but into the next weeks and months.
- Nica from The After Life (formerly Life as a Sandwich) had her transfer yesterday. She transferred one 7 cell embryo.
- Not A Clown Car had her IVF cycle cancelled. Again (As an aside, she gave up on the invite-only idea because blogger is too annoying about it and limits it to 100 readers, so access is open again).
- Big Belly has had a change in her job plans and could use a hug and some support.
- Aurelia could really use a hug right now.
- M at Two Girls' Path to Parenthood is scheduled for an FET on Friday 4/17. This is the first cycle back after a miscarriage post-IVF #1. Go share your FET success stories!
- Heather is on bedrest for the foreseeable future after having a cerclage put in. Sweetpea is still doing great!
- Hoping for Another Lovebug is on hospital bedrest for the remainder of the pregnancy. Please keep her company. She has Internet access, though reading is easier than typing.
- Jenni has been placed on bedrest at home indefinitely. Go over and keep her company while the baby hangs out a little longer!
- Tally at Saucy Ova has a BFP after 7 years on her first IUI!
- Rose's Daughter finally saw her baby's heartbeat for the first time!
- Angelwingsbaby got several positive HPTs on Monday 9 days after her donor embryo transfer.
- Mixing it Up had her blood drawn for her beta this morning and is waiting for the results. Go keep her company.
- The Kings of Huntsville gave birth to a girl, Sophie, on April 14th! Go over and wish them congratulations.
Read and Support