Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from Waiting for Our Pod. A peek into the life of male-factor infertility written by a man. A must-read for people desiring to understand how men think about infertility. How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff!
- Walk: SHARE Southern Vermont is holding an Awareness Walk on Saturday, May 9 at 10:00am in Springfield, VT. You can find more information on the SHARE site.
- Event: The Unlikely Life has news about an IF and IVF seminar taking place this month for anyone who lives in or around the Roanoke, VA area. The session is free for the public and there will be a free basic IVF cycle given away during it as well.
- Invite-Only: Where to Go From Here?...Life without William Henry Johnson is going private for a while. If you would still like to read contact her at tractorpoor at aol dot com.
- Interview: Kate at Bee In The Bonnet needs people who have experienced a significant change in self to participate in a written interview regarding said change. "I was inspired to pursue this topic due to the change I felt I had in myself after having experienced infertility, and I'm hoping that there may be others who have felt similarly and would be willing to share some of their experience. This is research for my senior philosophy paper, and ANYONE willing to respond would be immensely helpful to my academic success. More information can be found on my blog post, "Call for Interviewees"."
- Question: Niki writes: "My GC had a D&C a little over 4 weeks ago and still doesn't have her period. We are on track to do another ER and ET in June, but have to schedule an SHG after the GC gets her period. We're anxious to get things underway and are wondering how many weeks after D&C you got your period. We know that in some cases it can take several weeks, but we want to know what others have experienced."
- Figured This Out: I added a link to the LFCA form on my Internet Browser Toolbar. All you have to do is highlight the url (http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?key=pFBFgoFkPPH3VlLn13wx4Iw). Then go to a blank space on your tool bar and right click. Click on the paste option and you'll see an icon show up with a green checkmark and the url of the form. To change the name, right click on it and go down to "properties." It will give you the option to change the name. I made mine "LFCA form" so it's brief. Now, when I'm reading a blog, if there's news, I just click on that icon on the toolbar and can add it immediately. Just a word of warning, make sure you grab the url of the blog you're writing about before you click the LFCA form button because it will direct you to the form rather than opening a new window. Voila--I use the form more often. Site note: these directions are for Firefox. Trying to figure them out on IE too.
- Event: May 10th 2009 is Mother's Day and a difficult day for many in the ALI community. Take part in OMG YOU ROCK DAY, a gift and card exchange among our community and join us as we make it a day to look forward to! Sign up through 4/19.
- Off Topic Post: Liza Was Here has a beautiful tribute to Judith Krug. As she says, "If any of you grew up going to libraries, reading books that some people might have thought were 'too old' for you, or celebrating or otherwise appreciating 'Banned Books Week,' you probably owe a debt of gratitude to Judith Krug, who passed away on Saturday." Go over to her blog and find out how you can add your words of gratitude for her work for her family to read.
- Forums: If you are not a member of the forums, you will not have access to the LFCA on days when we are utilizing an open thread in the forums instead of posting on this site. Any blog reader or writer can become a member of the forums by clicking here and registering. On days when we don't have the LFCA, it also follows that I'll be slow on approving new members (that whole lack of Internet access thing) so please be patient.
- None Today (though a lot to be added soon).
- Do Without Doing is celebrating her birthday this week. Go over and sing her a little song.
- Barren is the New Black is celebrating her birthday this week too. Go have a little cake with her.
- Stacie is celebrating her birthday this week. Go over and sing her a little song. She's also celebrating her second blogoversary on the 15th!
- Hobbit-ish Thoughts and Ramblings is celebrating her anniversary this week. Go over and wish them congratulations.
- Beating the Odds is celebrating her birthday today. Go sing her a song.
- Friday is the Braces Bunch anniversary! Two full years of support!
- Bloorb is celebrating her blogoversary this Saturday. Go wish her congratulations.
- April 17 is also the one-year anniversary of Molly's birth and death. Please go give Kathy support.
- Life after Infertility and Loss is remembering Lilith "Lily," who she lost in 2002. Please go give her support.
- Dani had a miscarriage recently and is now struggling with what to do next. Please go give her support.
- Cibele has a friend who needs help. She writes: "A dear friend of mine found out the her baby's heartbeat is low, She needs some support and some opinion about the heartbeat. If anybody can help I appreciate it." You can leave comments and read more of the story on Cibele's blog.
- Sarah just had a hard phone call. She could use some love.
- Katie's first IUI failed. Please go give her a hug.
- Sara at Gas Passer has run up against some roadblocks in their journey towards surrogacy and could use some encouragement.
- Manda got news today that she will most likely be adopting her sons this year. She is open to cautious celebration as long as everyone knows that drinks must be delivered in person if this falls through.
- Hoping for Another Lovebug is now on home bedrest for the remainder of the pregnancy. Please keep her company.
- Jenni has been placed on bedrest at home indefinitely. Go over and keep her company while the baby hangs out a little longer!
- With the cerclage out, Heather is on her way. She is starting to dilate and efface. More news when Miss Evi is out in the world.
- Mixing it Up had an amazing beta. Go wish her congratulations.
- B Mom saw a heartbeat! Go over and breath a sigh of relief with her.
- Miss Conception found out that she is having a boy and a girl!
- Birds and Squirrels has a first beta of 79 on 12 dpo of a cycle that had little chance of working. Please go sit with her while she waits for beta #2.
- Missy at Where the Road Takes Me is having a girl and are at the halfway mark in their pregnancy.
- Due to PPROM Beebles's niece was born Tuesday at 26 weeks 1 day. She is doing great. All the prayers and positive thoughts she can get are welcomed.
- Not Like I Thought It Would Be finalizes her son's adoption on Friday. Go wish them congratulations.
Read and Support