Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from Parenthood for Me. Without a child, the tangible items of babyhood stand in place of the person and bring forth the same emotions. The strollers, the tricycles, the lovingly decorated room. And how the noticing of things and finding their meaning carries over once the author has started parenting. How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff!
- Tweetroll: I'm creating a new section of the blogroll listing everyone's Twitter feed (at some point, I may integrate these into the blogroll so blogs and Twitter feeds can be matched). If you want yours listed, click here and fill out the form. Once a few are on the list, I will start posting them so people can find new Twitter feeds to follow.
- Forums: As always, there will be an open thread in the Forums starting tonight that runs through the weekends. Post your news and calls for support. And click on the blog links to give support or congratulations.
- Event: The Hardest Quest has a really cool event up on her blog: "To my readers who might be Canadian, and/or any who happen to be in or near the Toronto area for Mother's Day on Sunday, May 10, 2009, this is an event that I believe would be of great benefit. At 10 a.m. on Mother's Day, the group Conceivable Dreams (the Ontario Health Insurance Plan for IVF Coalition) is holding a march and rally to raise awareness about infertility in Ontario. The event is called "Pram Push for IVF Funding" and makes for a great lead-in event to kick off Canadian Infertility Awareness Week. They'll be marching from Nathan Phillips Square (Toronto City Hall) to Queen's Park and there they'll hold a rally and hear guest speakers" Please keep passing this news along.
- Benefit Concert: Non-IF, but in need of help. Carrie-querque is an all-day benefit concert in Albuquerque on May 30th. You can get all the details off the flyer here, but it would be wonderful to keep passing the news, especially to readers in New Mexico or within driving distance.
- New Face-to-Face Group: Georgia (Savannah, Atlanta, and all other points in the state). Check the left side bar for details and contact information.
- Project: Monica LeMoine writes: "First International Knocked Down Hunk Contest, open to any man who co-produced offspring knocked down via miscarriage, blighted ovum, stillbirth, or any other form of pregnancy/infant loss. Nominate your Knocked Down Hunk today! Deadline Friday, May 1st."
- Question: NYCPhoenix is going for IVF #3 and has posted her history/diagnosis. She is looking for questions to ask at the appointment or anything she might be missing. Swing by if you can help.
- Walk: SHARE Southern Vermont is holding an Awareness Walk on Saturday, May 9 at 10:00am in Springfield, VT. You can find more information on the SHARE site.
- Event: The Unlikely Life has news about an IF and IVF seminar taking place this month for anyone who lives in or around the Roanoke, VA area. The session is free for the public and there will be a free basic IVF cycle given away during it as well.
- Invite-Only: Where to Go From Here?...Life without William Henry Johnson is going private for a while. If you would still like to read contact her at tractorpoor at aol dot com.
- Interview: Kate at Bee In The Bonnet needs people who have experienced a significant change in self to participate in a written interview regarding said change. "I was inspired to pursue this topic due to the change I felt I had in myself after having experienced infertility, and I'm hoping that there may be others who have felt similarly and would be willing to share some of their experience. This is research for my senior philosophy paper, and ANYONE willing to respond would be immensely helpful to my academic success. More information can be found on my blog post, "Call for Interviewees"."
- Forums: If you are not a member of the forums, you will not have access to the LFCA on days when we are utilizing an open thread in the forums instead of posting on this site. Any blog reader or writer can become a member of the forums by clicking here and registering. On days when we don't have the LFCA, it also follows that I'll be slow on approving new members (that whole lack of Internet access thing) so please be patient.
- The Rough Road (general IF; emotional side of IF)
- My World, My Ramblings (male factor, IUI/IVF)
- ...Some Lace and Paper Flowers (in the beginning, PCOS)
- Babymaking 101 (pg loss, in the beginning)
- Best When Used By (donor embryo, pg loss, over 35 and ttc)
- Fertility Wishes and BFP Dreams (azoospermia)
- Once Upon a Time (male factor, IVF)
- Do Without Doing is celebrating her birthday this week. Go over and sing her a little song.
- Barren is the New Black is celebrating her birthday this week too. Go have a little cake with her.
- Stacie is celebrating her birthday this week. Go over and sing her a little song. She's also celebrating her second blogoversary on the 15th!
- Hobbit-ish Thoughts and Ramblings is celebrating her anniversary this week. Go over and wish them congratulations.
- Friday is the Braces Bunch anniversary! Two full years of support!
- Bloorb is celebrating her blogoversary this Saturday. Go wish her congratulations.
- Hillary's birthday is on April 20th. Go over and sing her a little song.
- April 17 is also the one-year anniversary of Molly's birth and death. Please go give Kathy support.
- Mrs Finn gave birth to her son sixteen weeks premature and he died after four hours. Please go give Mrs Finn a lot of support--not just today, but in the days and weeks ahead. She is a new blogger and could use some kind words right now.
- Renovation Girl had a D&C yesterday, but also is facing the possibility that it was a molar pregnancy. Please sit with her and abide while she waits for the test results and comfort her on the loss.
- Barren Mare is getting married! Go wish them congratulations.
- Stacie is throwing a virtual party for Jason because he finally gets his hat off! Go tell him how beautiful his head looks.
- Henry Street is on her 450th post with her third blogoversary approaching next week. She could use a hug, some rallying, and abiding right now.
- Miriam has a followup doctor's appointment on Friday, 4/24 to confirm her recent diagnosis of premature ovarian failure. She feels that just when she has finally worked through a lot of the initial emotional shock of the diagnosis, she is worried that hearing all of this in person will put be back to square one. Go give her support.
- Misconceptions About Conception is having her first IUI tomorrow morning.
- Sprogblogger had a really tough ultrasound result and could use some extra internet love.
- Io's husband PASSED THE BAR!!! (and more !!!!! just because it's so thrilling). Go wish them congratulations.
- Hoping for Another Lovebug is now on home bedrest for the remainder of the pregnancy. Please keep her company.
- Jenni has been placed on bedrest at home indefinitely. Go over and keep her company while the baby hangs out a little longer!
- Sadie from Our Little Pebbles has been admitted to the hospital. She's 29 weeks today.
She'll be in the hospital until the babies are born, hopefully not for a few more weeks, but based on her cervical measurements and contractions could be any day. She, her husband, and those babies need lots of good thoughts.
- EB got a BFP after a very bumpy IVF2 but is now going through beta hell. She would love to have some support and hear any words of wisdom you might have.
- Life in the Soupbowl passed her glucose tolerance test. Go breathe a big sigh of relief with her.
- Natalie had a good beta. She's still spotting so keep her company as she gets through the first trimester.
- Not Like I Thought It Would Be finalizes her son's adoption today. Go wish them congratulations.
Read and Support