Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
BIRTH AND ADOPTION ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from The Road Less Travelled. I bawled and bawled and bawled over this post. And even without knowing Aunt, without having experienced a similar loss, you will be so touched by this story. How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff!
- IComLeavWe: IComLeavWe for April begins today. Start a'commentin'!
- Contest: I'm a Smart One's husband, Frank the Fantastic, is opening an Etsy cookie shop. Kymberli is holding a contest on her blog to help with naming the shop. Click over to find out how you can enter!
- Game: Lori has a really fun Name-that-Blogger game going on. The clues so far are "socks" and "anatomy." Go guess the post.
- Study: Babies Everywhere wrote about this study. "It is a genetic study - they are trying to develop a diagnostic test so that young girls can be tested for endo before the disease has ruined their lives, and without invasive surgical procedures. I signed up to participate and the next day they called me - they ask a few questions about your history with the disease and your family, then they send a kit with a swab to collect your saliva. It's a very easy process. They are hoping to gather the rest of their samples in the next year, and have the diagnostic test available in as little as two years!"
- Good Idea: Slaying, Blogging, Whatever has a great idea up on her blog and I wanted to point it out in case others wanted to make a time capsule too.
- Event: May 10th 2009 is Mother's Day and a difficult day for many in the ALI community. Take part in OMG YOU ROCK DAY, a gift and card exchange among our community and join us as we make it a day to look forward to! Sign up through 4/19.
- Forums: If you are not a member of the forums, you will not have access to the LFCA on days when we are utilizing an open thread in the forums instead of posting on this site. Any blog reader or writer can become a member of the forums by clicking here and registering. On days when we don't have the LFCA, it also follows that I'll be slow on approving new members (that whole lack of Internet access thing) so please be patient.
- None Today.
- That was the Plan is celebrating her birthday on Thursday. Go over and sing her a little song. And her blogoversary is on Saturday which deserves a hearty congratulations.
- Thursday is Henry Street's blogoversary. Go wish her congratulations.
- Saturday is the Maybe Baby's birthday. Go eat a piece of cake with her.
- The Hairy Farmer Family blog is one on April 21st! A whole year's worth of toddler tribulations, pesky poultry, sulky sheep, English expostulating and unruly uteri... there will be virtual cake for Everyone! And ACTUAL cake for... umm, just them, really.
- On Tuesday, JuliaS will be remembering Caelan, who she lost in 1998. Please go give her support.
- Wednesday is the anniversary of Lisa's unfulfilled due date. Please go give her support.
- Thursday is the anniversary of Zoe and Lennox's unfulfilled due date. Please go give Allison support.
- A Road Less Traveled needs rallying from the troops. She lost her son on April 10th, 70 minutes after his birth, and unfortunately, in her grief, has also gotten a hurtful comment from an anonymous commenter. Please go give the family support.
- Diary of an Infertile Mad Woman is in a bad place right now. She is 9dp3dt and had a negative test. Blood test on Thursday, but isn't very hopeful. She could definitely use some support right now as she waits.
- Jumping Through Hoops is having a hard time with all the stress of having a baby in the NICU and could use some encouragement.
- Friday will be Allison's beta for FET #3. She's trying to maintain some emotional distance from the process, so she asks for lots of warm thoughts since even a positive doesn't let them breathe just yet. In other words, holding hope and positive vibes are appreciated, but celebrating before she's ready is more damaging than helpful. Please hold in your heart during this difficult week.
- Angry Infertile is scheduled for her first IVF retrieval on Wednesday and transfer on Saturday!
- Sarah will have her retrieval on Wednesday.
- Hoping for Another Lovebug is now on home bedrest for the remainder of the pregnancy. Please keep her company.
- Jenni has been placed on bedrest at home indefinitely. Go over and keep her company while the baby hangs out a little longer!
- Sadie from Our Little Pebbles has been admitted to the hospital. She's 29 weeks today. She'll be in the hospital until the babies are born, hopefully not for a few more weeks, but based on her cervical measurements and contractions could be any day. She, her husband, and those babies need lots of good thoughts.
BIRTH AND ADOPTION ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Rebecca unexpectedly delivered her twins Alex and Emily almost 7 weeks early. Go congratulate her and keep her company while the babies are in the NICU.
- Amber gave birth to a boy, Alex, on April 20th. Go wish them congratulations!
Read and Support