Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from Plan B: Family of Two. An absolutely incredible post about her experience with friends and family in the face of choosing to resolve her infertility by living child-free. A beautiful twist on the word "enough." How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff!
- If you've ever used Cyclesista, she has given you a lot of support over the years. Go give Meg your cheers as she works for 60 days to quit smoking once and for all.
- Show & Tell Reminder: Don't forget to do your homework. Peruse the old Show &
Tell posts and choose one to highlight by leaving it in the comment section on tomorrow's Show & Tell post.
- Project: Inanna Journey has a post up about a friend who is collecting footprints from baby-loss mamas for a project.
- IComLeavWe begins today! Get your commenting on...
- My Scar Smiles at Me had a really cool idea for a new subsection of LFCA. Instead of just highlighting great posts with the Kirtsy'd Pick o' the Day, include listings of really great conversations going on in a comment section. It's about giving a nod not just to great writing, but to great responses and she writes: "You've created ways to highlight great blog posts through the round up and L&F highlights blog posts that could use some readers... but is it time to add another thing, a way to highlight interesting comment conversations. I guess I like to point out when I see something I like in a classroom." Isn't she brilliant? She kicks it off by highlighting the conversation going on in the comment section of Niobe's Beribboned post. Send me things you notice and I'll put them in the LFCA so others can jump into the conversation too.
- Connection: Lori writes: "I know this is a shot in the dark, but I'm looking to connect with people who have endured infertility and traumatic birth(s) specifically, I am looking to connect with people who have endured uterine rupture and/or bladder rupture. I experienced a spontaneous bladder rupture one week after my son was born 6 months ago. The bladder rupture was related to a uterine rupture. I was attempting a VBAC and my doctor let my labor go too long...I ruptured in my 2nd hour of pushing. I continue to have health issues related to the bladder rupture, and I have a lot of anger regarding the whole birth experience and all that happened. I am constantly looking for info to help me figure out how long this bladder recovery is going to drag on, but I'm coming up empty handed (the next step is ANOTHER trip to the urologist, more invasive procedures, probably some drug prescriptions, and a lot of vague answers. I want to arm myself before I go there.)."
- Giveaway: Barb at Fertility Challenged in Florida has some extra pre-natal vitamin samples she doesn't need. If you want them, please click over and leave a comment on her blog with your email. She'd hate to see them go to waste.
- Project: Phoebe is looking for resources that deal with the grief of going through infertility treatments, regardless of their outcome. If you know of those resources (i.e. have read the book, not just heard about it), please pass them on. She would also like to know your story and what gifts from grief you have gained.
- Forums: If you are not a member of the forums, you will not have access to the LFCA on days when we are utilizing an open thread in the forums instead of posting on this site. Any blog reader or writer can become a member of the forums by clicking here and registering. On days when we don't have the LFCA, it also follows that I'll be slow on approving new members (that whole lack of Internet access thing) so please be patient.
- None Today (more added over the weekend)
- Life in the CatPad is celebrating her birthday next Saturday. Go over and sing her a little song.
- Miriam's birthday is next Monday. Go sing her a little song.
- Love Will Tear Us Apart is celebrating her birthday next Monday. Go eat a little cake with her.
- Sweet Baby Dreams is celebrating her birthday this weekend. Go sing her a little song.
- Stacey's Thoughts on Infertility is celebrating her blogoversary next Wednesday. Go wish her congratulations.
- Today is Strong Blonde and B's 10th anniversary! Go wish them congratulations.
- It's The Angry Infertile's 6 year wedding anniversary this weekend. Please go give her and her mister happy wishes for many more years of love and laughter!
- Life Induces Thoughts, Mostly Random is celebrating her blogoversary tomorrow. Go wish her congratulations.
- Jane G is remembering her sweet Nollaig. She could use a hug.
- None Today.
- Making Me Mom has her fibroid surgery next Wednesday. Go over and give her support.
- EB is about to do her mock cycle for DE and is excited but nervous about launching on this new phase of IF. According to the RE her match could happen pretty soon after the mock and she is nervous about the whole donor aspect. Kind words of wisdom and support greatly appreciated.
- Elaine and her husband are eagerly awaiting the birth of the child they will hopefully adopt, who is on the way any minute now. Go wait with them and send good wishes!
- Mo and Will Mo and Will are awaiting their beta results today to find out the the outcome of IVF #5. Stop by and give them some support and encouragement.
- Infertility, Yoga, and Chocolate just got a very disappointing fert report form her latest IVF- only 5 mature eggs and 3 fertilized. She could use a hug- or a hundred- while waiting to hear if any survive until Saturday.
- Strickly Southern has just started the TWW. 4th IUI was Wednesday.
- A Decade of BFNs is having a tough time right now. There was no embryo and no HB
at her last u/s (6w6d). Another u/s is scheduled for today. Go wait with her.
- Another Dreamer has started a new cycle. She just started a 10-day course of Prometrium and could use some good thoughts as hope starts to make her presence known again.
- Mrs M@sk has been put on bedrest at 26 weeks with incompetent cervix. She will be there until her little girls are born, which will hopefully not be too soon. Her doctor is aiming for 30 weeks. Go keep her company and send her good thoughts.
- My Journey Towards My Little Miracle is in the hospital on bedrest until the twins come. Go keep her company.
- Michele had her cerclage placed. Please go to her blog and offer her support. She has endured so much to get to this point.
- Courtney at PrayingforaLittleOne is on bedrest at 28 weeks until further notice due to preterm labor. Would especially love to hear some success stories or advice about meds from anyone who has dealt with preterm labor in the past.
- Katie saw two heartbeats!
- B Mom heard a heartbeat!
- ISO the Golden Egg had a LBC and saw a strong heartbeat. Go wish her congratulations.
- Today is Stacey's big u/s to check on the babies! She should know for sure later today if it's definitely 2 boys or not, as she's been told they (probably) are during previous ultrasounds.
- Happy Not-So-Newlywed was able to bring son Anderson home from the hospital on Wednesday, but daughter Emery has to stay in the NICU a while longer.
Read and Support