Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from Adding to the Pack. A brief post that packs a punch about balancing hope with pessimism. How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff!
- Blogroll Update: The blogroll is obviously a bit of a mess right now visually and I am working to reorganize it so it is easily update-able. When the whole recoding is done, it will look like the top half of this (ignore the bottom half with the weird spacing because I haven't fixed that yet). I should have it finished over the weekend. Which means that I get to watch a lot of Across the Universe in the background while I delete code--sorry, Josh...
- IComLeavWe: the new list opened today for October.
- Television Show: I'll run the information again closer to the date, but wanted to put it out there now so that people get it on their calendar. The TLC A Baby Story starring Caba who was a surrogate for her sister will air at 1 p.m. on October 30th. Mark your calendar.
- Volunteering: Preemie Presents could use some volunteers as they gear up to deliver gifts to NICUs during the holiday season. Head over to see how you can help.
- Radio Show: Creating a Family's September 30 Radio Show: Switched Embryos and Other Mistakes in IVF and How to Avoid Them. This week a woman gave birth to someone else’s son. Embryos were switched during IVF. Mistakes happen in life and in IVF and patients need to be prepared. What should you know to protect yourself? Our guests will be Dr Jacob F Mayer, Embryologist at the Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine and Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology; Sean Tipton with The American Society of Reproductive Medicine, and a legal scholar specializing in reproductive law and ethics.
- Password Protection: Luna has decided to password protect select posts to protect her family's privacy. If you would like the password, please leave a comment on her blog or email her at email@example.com. Thanks!
- Question: Wishing4One has a post asking questions before her next IVF cycle begins. Please go over and help her out by providing your own experience.
- Er...though you probably know by now, I moved Stirrup Queens last night. You can now find Stirrup Queens here and I've moved the blogroll here. Please update your links. And bear with me because I'm tweaking internal links and spacing over the next few days. I'm still unpacking boxes after the move. Oh, and as far as I can predict, LFCA is not moving. It will still be here. Here, here, here. And the link to the latest LFCA post is now on the right sidebar (at the top) of Stirrup Queens rather than in a permanent post at the top of the blog.
- Important Post: Nancy writes: " I recently wrote a post about depression I suffered which stemmed way back from IF treatment medications. I assumed it was situational (ttc failures, IVF, scary high risk pregnancy, newborn, failing health) but 7 monhts post partum, finally was diagnosed with clinical depression. This was a private post but I was overwhelmed by the comments I received from the blogworld. I wasn't expecting to help anyone and that's exactly what it did. So I wanted to share my story with others in case it can help someone else.
- Blog Change: Rach at Not Knocked Up With Sprog has undergone a makeover on her blog in an effort to uphold her new attitude as she contemplates ending her TTC journey. Her blog is now called quel che sarà which is Italian for whatever will be, she's still at the same website address though.
- Forums: If you are not a member of the forums, you will not have access to the LFCA on days when we are utilizing an open thread in the forums instead of posting on this site. Any blog reader or writer can become a member of the forums by clicking here and registering. On days when we don't have the LFCA, it also follows that I'll be slow on approving new members (that whole lack of Internet access thing) so please be patient.
- None Today (still trying to fix the blogroll)
- Our Own Creation is celebrating her birthday this upcoming Saturday. Go over and sing her a little song.
- Amy is celebrating her 4th wedding anniversary on October 4th! Go wish them congratulations.
- Thursday, October 1st is the third month anniversary of the day A Journey Through Motherhood lost her son, Jonathan. Please go give her support.
- None Today.
- Just Nesting had her IUI today. Please go an wait with her.
- NoodleGirl received some much needed good news after her miscarriage two weeks ago. The surgical breast biopsy she had done last week came back negative! Stop by and give her a high-five if you get a chance.
- Orodemniades is requesting prayers and good thoughts for a friend's 11 year old son, recently rediagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma.
- Carrie of Tubeless in Seattle has been released from the hospital and is back at home on bedrest, awaiting her triplet boys.
- Following a one-week reprieve at home after a month in the hospital, Baby Smiling In Back Seat is back in the hospital at 33 weeks, trying to hold off the twins' births a little longer.
- After a scary hospital visit at 24 weeks, Chelle is on modified bed rest. Her restrictions will increase as time goes on to try to avoid preeclampsia and keep her twin girls growing inside her as long as possible. The girls are doing great.
- AndreaJennine is on bedrest; she started bleeding at 5w6d and had a scan showing a subchorionic hematoma.
- For The Flavor has been put on hospital bedrest due to low fluid and IUGR. An induction can be in the plans at any time, if the baby shows more distress . She could use some company while she waits and watches.
- Debbie's water has broken, and she will be in the hospital until she delivers the twins, hopefully up to 6 weeks.
- Fertile Journeys is on bedrest due to a bleed. Please go on over and keep her company.
- Born Still But Still Born was put on bedrest until the end of her pregnancy. Please go keep her company.
- Shannon is waiting on beta#3 with barely ok doubling from beta 1 to 2. She is anxious and could use some support.
- High Land, Hard Rain is 12 weeks pregnant!
- Dawn and her husband J are celebrating after their level 2 ultrasound where they found out they are having a healthy little girl!
- Want, Wait, & Pray is pregnant after her 3rd IVF! Go celebrate with them!
- Mrs. Higrens beta 11dp5dt (FET) came back positive.
- JamieD gave birth to Cade on Thursday, September 24. Both mom and baby are doing great! Stop over and congratulate her.
Read and Support