Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from Stirrup Queens. Y'all told me to Kirtsy it, though I always feel strange doing my own. A response to Stephanie Saul's series of New York Times articles on infertility and multiples. How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff! Even if you read it, click over and vote because without that, it would get to the general public on the front page.
- Digg It O' the Day: I am considering also Digging our stories each day and want to do a test run to see if it's worth the extra step. So please Digg This. When you click over, you will see a little thumbs-up hand underneath the yellow box that contains the number of "diggs." Click on the thumb and it should switch to add a number in the yellow box and turn the hand to say "dugg!" Unlike Kirtsy, you do need an account to vote, but accounts are free and if we do this, could be used daily. If I see enough hits to make it worth it, I'll start Digging and Kirtsying the post each day. Actually, it's not just eyes on the posts, but the right reason for eyes. I want to make sure it brings more understanding, not more headaches. I'll let you know how it works tomorrow.
- Tomorrow kicks off the October IComLeavWe.
- Project: Lori, the Open Adoption Examiner and also of Weebles Wobblog, is holding a Book Tour during National Adoption Month. Participants -- adoptive parents, birth parents and adult adoptees -- will read and respectfully discuss The Primal Wound by Nancy Verrier. Please see the Examiner post for details and to sign up. The deadline is November 30 to have read the book and submit a question or two.
- Donating: Flicka has Nutramigen formula to donate if anyone wants it (because damn that stuff is expensive). They also have a mostly full box of Simply Thick to give away. If anyone wants the formula or the simply thick they can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you don't hear back in a few days to try again!
- Password-Protected Blog: Also, if you emailed Flicka for the new blog information and haven't heard back, send her another email. Some emails may have gone into a spam filter.
- Forums: If you are not a member of the forums, you will not have access to the LFCA on days when we are utilizing an open thread in the forums instead of posting on this site. Any blog reader or writer can become a member of the forums by clicking here and registering. On days when we don't have the LFCA, it also follows that I'll be slow on approving new members (that whole lack of Internet access thing) so please be patient.
- None Today.
- Sarah Who has a birthday next Sunday. Go sing her a little song.
- The Root of All Evel is remembering Evel on his one month birthday.
- Burble is remembering George a year later. Go send her some warm thoughts and love on this difficult day.
- Life Happens When You're Making Other Plans just found out she is having her third miscarriage after IVF #1. Go over and give her some hugs.
- Mrs H at the Last Best Hope is having her profile shown to an expectant mom. Good vibes going her way and to the e-mom and family are appreciated! This is the first time she knows their profile is being shown and she's finding it much more difficult than not knowing.
- Heather's husband just found out that her husband is a carrier for SLO. She will be tested in a few weeks as well, but could use some support as she deals with the implications of these findings.
- Once A Mother was just told she is dealing with secondary infertility. She could really use support and words of love and kindness as she grapples with this.
- Carrie of Tubeless in Seattle is back on bedrest. She had a positive fFN at her last appointment and her cervix is at 1cm. Please go and give her some support.
- Moky had a positive beta and has announced her pregnancy! Please go and wish her congratulations!
- IF Optimist, then... just had an amazing beta after IVF #2. Go wish her congratulations.
- None Today.
Read and Support