Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from Romancing the Stork. An infertility blogger writes about leaving her own small corner of the blogosphere and wonders what others think as they find her story--and hopes that people see that we have more in common than we think despite our situations or diagnoses. How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff!
- Catching Up: LFCA blurbs piled up while I was sick last week. I tried my best to cull out the ones that were past due and keep in the ones that were still current. Apologies to anyone who didn't get their blurb seen in a timely manner.
- Connection: A reader without a blog asks: "Anyone out there dealing with both IF and ED? Know any resources or recommendations for maintaining my sanity? My husband suffers from severe ED. So in addition to pursuing treatment for that, we decided it was time (okay, it was past time) to also get help from a fertility specialist in order to have kids. Two years later, we've been through multiple IUI cycles and two IVF cycles with no success - and no real diagnosis. We've got "unexplained with minor male factor" - i.e. once the issue of not having sex was out of the picture, they've got no clue why things haven't worked out. So we're dealing with two extremely frustrating and saddening issues simultaneously. Just imagine how much worse those stupid "just relax or adopt and you'll get pregnant" comments are in my situation! Any help or true empathy appreciated." Leave her a comment below.
- Fundraiser: Fractured Rainbows is raising funds for a trip to Belarus where she will "teach these churches how to start special needs programs in their community and how to accommodate activities for all levels of ability and development." Head over and see if you can help her.
- Invite Only: All About the Boys and When's It Gonna be My Turn? is going invite only. If you want to keep reading, you can email her to get sent an invite.
- Visiting: Geohde writes that she "has landed stateside from the upside down continent and is having a IRL bloggy met up with Jen (here we go again). Bet this is the first time a blogger has come so far to say hi! Probably won't update much, but would love comment on what you're all up to, and/or Florida area catch up's."
- Research: Donor Insemination Research writes: "A research project examining the way in which the internet is used to facilitate donor insemination; to negotiate access to donor sperm, to establish kinship ties or as a support network, for example. The experiences of anyone invested in sperm donation are sought: this could be women/couples who have been recipients of donor sperm, children from donor sperm or the sperm donors themselves."
- Great Idea: Kim has some thoughts on how we can all take part in gathering with ALI bloggers the day after Blogher'10, no matter how far we are from New York. Please go over and let her know if you are interested or offer feedback.
- Question: Wishing 4 One needs to get immunological tests and could use advice about what to get. If you are familiar with immunological testing, please go give her your two cents.
- Question: Kate is approaching her 12th week of pregnancy and has been advised by her OB to stop taking Metformin. Her research is showing that its beneficial sometimes to stay on Metformin throughout the pregnancy. When did you stop? Do you have any advice?
- Forums: If you are not a member of the forums, you will not have access to the LFCA on days when we are utilizing an open thread in the forums instead of posting on this site. Any blog reader or writer can become a member of the forums by clicking here and registering. On days when we don't have the LFCA, it also follows that I'll be slow on approving new members (that whole lack of Internet access thing) so please be patient.
- Our Lives Forever Changed (stillbirth)
- L'eggo My Eggo (donor egg)
- The Girl Who Wants to be Anywhere But Where She Is (no longer trying)
- Jack's Defenders (stillbirth)
- Amy at JustamereIVF celebrated her birthday on Thursday the 22nd! It's not too late to have a slice of cake with her.
- Carolyne is celebrating her blogoversary today. Go wish her congratulations.
- Sunday was Breeder Beware's birthday. Go over and sing her a little song.
- N from Two Hot Mamas is celebrating her birthday tomorrow. Go sing her a little song.
- The Mom and her family are remembering their daughter and sister, Sleeping Angel, who would have been 2 on Monday. They are also adjusting to life with their newest addition, EasternStar, who joined their family from Russia in September. Please send hugs and encouragement as they work through the coming weeks.
- In dealing with a friend's loss of her baby at 37 weeks, TheNewLifeOfNancy asked for suggestions of support. The comments were amazing so she has created a new post to have a little space in her blog to hear about your lost babies. If you have lost a child or if you have someone else's loss to remember, please stop by and contribute.
- Tina is remembering the girls six months later. Please go send her some love and support.
- A New Dawn's baby died at 14 weeks and she had a D&C on Friday. Please go over and give her a lot of support.
- Ali lost her daughter at 19 weeks to an incompetent cervix on October 10th. Please go give her support.
- Patti lost her mother last Tuesday. Please click over and give your condolences.
- Is It Getting Easier Yet? is experiencing an ectopic pregnancy. Please stop by and give her a hug.
- Anona-mom is grieving the loss of her cousin Lisa to cancer at the age of 41; she is survived by her four 7-year-old children.
- Tears Are For Babies's betas are falling. Please give her a hug as she grieves this loss.
- Amanda spent fifteen minutes with her newborn Gabriel before he passed away. Please flood her with your love and support today and in the coming months.
- Taking Chance is back after a blogging break and has also returned to building her family. Go over and welcome her back.
- Here's a chance to take that awareness and put it into action. Bri is collecting good thoughts for her aunt who was diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Bagmomma's transfer is Tuesday for this FET. Go over and wish her good thoughts.
- The expectant mom matched with A+A Adopt a Baby decided not to create an adoption plan. She writes: "There is a healthy beautiful baby who is going home with a mommy who loves her very much. There are two sad but hopeful people here who love each other very much and have such amazing and firm support from their community that they could (knock on wood) survive much worse than this. We are - all four of us - through this experience alive and hopeful and moving toward happier things."
- Gwinne has had a series of negative HPTs after her IVF cycle. Please stop by to wish her well and help her work through her new plan, before she proposes it to her doctor.
- A at The Ultimate Gift had a health scare - after being diagnosed with pneumonia at the beginning of this month, doctors found multiple clots in her legs and lungs. Thankfully, her life was saved and she's feeling much better.
- Please go offer some support to One Who Understands. She just found out her mom was diagnosed with lymphoma.
- Crable Family Adventures has two new foster sons!
- Infertility Sucks' mother had a stroke on Monday and is in the ICU. While her mother is doing better, she could you some support during this difficult time.
- Nancy marked her 13th year of being sober after heroin. Go wish her congratulations.
- None Today.
- BabyOCD got a BFP after her first dIUI! Please stop by to say congratulations!
- Looking for a Little Turtle has had two great betas.
- Bee in the Bonnet is pregnant with a great first beta!
- Decemberbaby is pregnant and awaiting her second beta.
- LisaDG had a great 12 week ultrasound!
- He Will Carry Me announced that she is expecting a baby girl in March. Go send her a congratulations.
- For The Flavor welcomed baby Isla on October 1st! Head over and wish them congrats!
- Let's Generate welcome her second son on October 23rd. Go over and wish her congratulations.
- Dan and Hillary and Little Russell welcomed Camille on the 22nd. Congratulations!
- Carrie of Tubeless in Seattle delivered over the weekend. More news when she posts again.
Read and Support